1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"I don't think it can be fixed."

-James Harden

PhilCollins and cbs1507 like this.
  2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This is delusional.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

That is perfect description of this poster.

Delusional.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are beyond ridiculous.

5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

A disgruntled superstar player demanding a trade from an organization in pro sports.....

Is now equivalent in it's "abhorrence" to.....

A human being KILLING or RAPING another person in their lives....

Congratulations you're DUMB AS ****... I'm so sorry.

James.B.H, topfive, Reeko and 8 others like this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Great. Now we need to see this team tested against some real contenders with their full rosters. 76ers Clippers Nets Lakers.... that's the only way we'll know. Beating OKC wasn't anything special. That teams wants to tank!

luckyman76, MettaWorldPete and D-rock like this.
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This is true, but the Nets are also making it work with multiple ball dominant guys, I think the only way Harden looks stupid is if the Rockets are better than the Nets and make it further in the playoffs, which as it stands I do not think that will happen. Anything is possible though, Harden is a phenomenal player, but was never the best judge of talent and what would help him. Right now he's playing next to one of the best players in the world, so you can't really give him credit for seeing that could be beneficial, but if it fails and there are issues with him and Kyrie in the backcourt, then he looks stupid. This was a high pressure move for him in my opinion.

8. conquistador#11

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

No, I don't, but you can keep thinking that. I am fairly confident when the season is done, we won't be celebrating a championship or taking the Lakers to 7 in the semifinals, but you are free to believe otherwise.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

So when he showed up with no practice the first game and dropped 42 and 17 he was actively trying to appear worse? Like what are you saying. The team failed him in that game by leaving McCollum open for a game winning three when he made 8 threes already.

We are beating up on scrubs and you magically think we are a contender??? But this team still has glaring holes on defense. We have no size at SF position to matchup with the great teams. To compare Christian Wood to CP3 is laughable. This team has no chance of being better than 2018 Rockets. That team was special..

He looked pretty amazing the first few games. Then he got hurt when Wall stepped on his foot/ankle and didn't look as explosive. Did he quit or was he injured? Or was he also trying to fit into Silas new offense. But putting the ball in Hardens hands is the way to play. Even Brooklyn has figured that out quick.

11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Narrator: But they really don't.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Harden is doing absolutely everything right for them and may average a triple double and will definitely lead the league in assists. He and KD are taking a backseat to let Kyrie beast right now to keep him happy. Ultimately, I think this is what drags them down. Offensively, they are dynamite but there is no real buy in from the rest of the team other than Harden getting touches to Harris and DJ. If you watch them play it looks like the way the all star game is played with no D. It's all 1on1 or kick 3s at the D'Antoni fast pace. It is very high scoring but the other team is also getting those 20 or so extra looks a game and they are getting free rides to the rim because of pace and long rebounds and kick outs. Transition D is absolutely smoking them alive. They barely beat the Clippers with a lights out shooting performance. It's like the old Rockets, when the shots don't fall. The opposing team never has the opportunity to get into a real slump but the Nets do when their shots don't fall.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The difference between them and the old Rockets are they actually have shooters. You can expect them to shoot like that on most nights. Their whole closing lineup is shooting over 40% from three. Rockets never had that kind of shooting ever.

Are you really surprised that KD, Harden, Kyrie, Harris are making open threes? I mean those are some really good shooters.

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Agree but the law of averages and playoffs do kick in and will drag them down. I think against the Celtics, Sixers, or Bucks when the competition is there and later the Lakers they are going to have a tough time. We will see if they can get some handle on their D but I see it at best 25th ranked. I think it will be their downfall in a series when teams prepare for them and they go cold. We have seen it too many times. Rockets had 50 point quarters and looked unstoppable until they were. What happens when Kyrie forgets who KD is and decides to chuck up 30-40 shots. That team has a very delicate balance right now because Harden would be happy averaging 10 and 20 assists. That is predicated on everyone being healthy and Kyrie being efficient. They are going out of their way to get him off and keep him happy. We'll see if it lasts. They definitely have all the potential to be great.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. Takes money to make money and our owner does not have it! F* Fertitta!

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

An All Time Great scorer, franchise legend, MVP candidate most of the last 6 years who has taken the team to the WCF twice should wait - IN THE LAST 2 YEARS OF HIS PRIME - to see how it goes with Cristian Wood while Lebron is paired with AD, Kawhi with PG, KD with Kyrie, Jokic with Murray, etc with an owner who didn't pay LT AFTER we made the WCF is around and wants to install his son into the franchise.

What kind of loser would do that?

And I say this knowing Harden and Woods are friends, and I'm rooting for Woods big time.

#136 Mathloom, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    luckyman76, cbs1507, vator and 6 others like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re talking about Kyrie like he’s some Westbrook, but I don’t think that’s the case

Did Kyrie ever forget who Bron was when he played next to him?

Kyrie averaged 47/42/87 shooting splits during his playoff runs with Lebron. He’s honestly 1 of the best shooters in this league. The only reason he’s not a superstar is because the rest of his game outside of shooting and scoring leaves much to be desired, but his efficiency is usually always there.

Rockets never looked unstoppable to the level of this BK team. They have 3 very efficient stars that can get there’s whenever they want and 1 of the best shooters in the league in Joe Harris. That is a lot tougher to guard, especially in a playoff series, than Harden doing everything surrounded by a declining star and limited role players that are all mediocre shooters and do nothing but jack threes. The Nets move the ball and take advantage of every area of the court because they have 2 elite midrange shooters. The Rockets simply could never do that.

I do agree that defense will be their downfall if they play somebody like the Lakers. I think they can get by against teams like the Celtics, Sixers, and Bucks since those squads have their own issues.

FrontRunner, D-rock and bmelo like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Damn

D-rock likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Did you see his stat line in pivotal G4 against Lakers in last playoffs though?