1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

While I was back/forth originally (first completely anti Jack/Cal... then slightly annoyed with Watson's total 180 and feeling it was pre-meditated and being influenced by market/agent... but now back towards anti Jack/Cal).... it makes more sense that he did voice the concerns of the lockeroom regarding Easterby's presence and it was basically ignored.

I also think if Watson saying it is not enough... but JJ saying it is enough... then that may further raise the "culture" concerns in the eyes of Watson. Cal wasn't willing to do anything for him (the most important player on the team now... and in the future), but was willing to do it for JJ?

And it starts to make more sense that it isn't about Easterby (even though it sorta is)... its about the owner who refuses to part ways with somebody who has poisoned the lockeroom.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well if you heard stories that Jack was having people followed or threatening defamation lawsuits (while incessantly calling mothers of players, questioning their life choices)... what would you do?

I presume former players (like Stills) who could go forward simply don't care enough about this organization to go through all that drama.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Since I've been vocal in this thread, I will say, IF:

* The Texans were spying on players somehow
    * The Texans were calling mom's but not like on some crazy **** (eg. it would have been cool if someone had called Ray Rice's mom)
    * The entire locker room went to Watson and said you're our leader, do something
    * DW reports and acts professionally

Then I respect his behavior

cmoak1982 and Zen Tabak like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And how would u believe this? U probably don't believe in the "fake news story/articles" that already documented the scenarios listed except the last one.

5. JayZ750

Why should i believe in them.

We saw plenty of news stories about what supposedly happened during the Harden request scenario, then afterwards more detailed stories came out that didn't match up 100%. That's why I said "IF"

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Haysus Christos, why haven't you ALL put that guy on ignore yet? Why he's even a thing here is baffling to me. It's not difficult. He's been run out of this room and a bunch of others repeatedly. You don't have to interact with him or even read what he says. Move on.

Sooty, conquistador#11 and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

The “more detailed” stories about Harden that came out after he was traded were in large part self serving leaks by the Rockets current owner and front office. Harden moved on, he didn’t bother to correct anything that was said. If you believe the stories post trade you are off on a number of points. At this point it doesn’t even matter (Harden) but the point is consider where information comes from.

Sooty likes this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

We don’t really know exactly what is going on here. But, there seems to be a lot of evidence pointing to the Texans organization as being completely inept. The weird trades, former players speaking out against the organization, the very unflattering story about Easterby. I mean, I can’t believe it’s gotten to this point. But here we are. I’m mainly angry with the organization. How could they have so royally screwed this up?

If it turns out that Easterby is the BIG issue here, and the Texans are choosing Easterby over Watson. I will be pissed. I find it hard to believe Easterby could win out over Watson. That just doesn’t seem possible.

joshuaao, IBTL, Sooty and 1 other person like this.
  9. JayZ750

mall the stories are put out by someone. Before, during, after...

10. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I was listening to the radio over the weekend, it was not the local broadcast but they were talking about Deshaun and were asking why after he signed his extension just a few months ago, crying in the press conference praising Bill O’Brien, Cal McNair and Jack Esterby saying they believed in him, now wanting to leave just because they didn’t include him in the GM and head coach search? I kind of agree with them.

So what if they didn’t include him in the search, you just said the team believed in you in your press conference when you got paid. They got rid of the main problem on the field and GM. I mean give the new head coach and new GM a chance, yes the people running the organization suck but Deshaun signed the extension knowing what he was getting in to and this was after his favorite target had already got traded and left. I mean the guy responsible for trading Hopkins is gone.

The dude barely came in to the league, first season ended early after a season ending injury, last season was his best statistical year and the two other seasons he was in the playoffs.

Seriously Deshaun what are you complaining about? You just got paid and last year was your best year. I mean if he is a season vet who has been here 8-10 years and it’s been misery after misery then I guess I understand and then he can complain.

You want to go to the Jets who are as much a dumpster fire just as the Texans?

I don’t get these athletes now a days.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Hate to say I told you so, @JayZ750 , but now there's more reports out that Watson isn't prioritizing the Jets, and they are in fact, not his number one team, as I previously stated.

12. JayZ750

who is he prioritizing?

would he be ok with the Jets? I'm going to assume yes... smoke, fire.

If it's about winning the Jets should be on his no trade list.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can somebody post some links talking about Easterly calling players mom and having them followed?

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. JayZ750

Rudyc281 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  16. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

True!

I hope he wants to go to the Jets. They have probably the best package for the Texans.

JayZ750 and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

jiggyfly, RockFanFirst and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

In today's cancel culture, how is this guy not canceled? If he worked for Target, sent weird texts to a cashier and makes the news, his ass would be long gone already.

conquistador#11, Sooty and Fulgore like this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

10 years from now I wonder what Cal will think letting go potentially two hof players (Hop, DW4) for a cult leader.

20. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

10 years from now? I believe all the glue Cal has sniffed and paint hes guzzled is going to catch up to him long before then. But then again McClain has survived with ice cream flowing through his veins for decade so I may be wrong.

Sooty and RockFanFirst like this.