1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

JFC - shows the level of disconnect when guys compare murderers to James Harden!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

everyone gets it - James Harden is the devil - why keep bringing him up? There's plenty of more drama to create an stir up with the current team.

Reeko, Air Canada, MrButtocks and 2 others like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You clearly missed the point, probably intentionally, people are stained by their actions when they truly disgrace themselves.

Murderers and rapists are stained by those actions, Harden is stained by his disgraceful actions this season. When you betray your team, your teammates, your fans, and your city by actively trying to harm them as much as possible for your own perceived benefit, it's not something you should be forgiven for without putting in a LOT of work to repair that damage.

Harden has done none of that work, thus he's still stained by his disgraceful actions.....even if those blinded by misplaced one way affection can't or refuse to see it.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So asking for a trade is equivalent to murdering or raping someone?......

You can’t be that far gone man. Cmon.

Williamson, Reeko, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No fan should take Hardens actions personally and if they are they need to step back and re-evaluate the life they live. He was doing what's best for himself like every person in the world does. He's moved on. Fans should do the same.

Reeko, Air Canada, burlesk and 5 others like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon, you're not that dumb.

Asking for a trade is not what Harden did that was wrong. Asking for a trade is one thing, actively sabotaging the team and then throwing all of your teammates under the bus and disrespecting them is what Harden did to disgrace himself.

Merely asking for a trade is fine, but there's a right way and a wrong way to do things.....he did things about the worst way possible and yet so many absolutely pathetic people still attempt to make excuses for him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Blind love with absolutely no expectations whatsoever.....your wife's boyfriends must love you guys.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Harden is gone man. Let it go. No need to be mad.The Harden/ Morey era was over anyways. These young cats have won 6 in a row. Enjoy the ride.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Ah yeah, forcing your way out of a job to a different company is really the same as someone committing a felony.

Air Canada and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yeah, people thinking Harden is a great player means:
    1. we're male
    2. we're married
    3. the wives we have are cheating on us with a boyfriend
    4. we're probably all assholes who hate you

Either that OR we just think Harden is a great player.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

it's curious though, and wouldn't you agree, unpathetic fans are quick to inflate ersatz replacements for their disgruntled superstars, transmuting their excuse-making onto lessor talent, all in the spirit of GO TEAM.

@Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure some might be doing that, but at least it's less pathetic than carrying water for people who actively sought to harm the franchise you are allegedly a fan of for perceived personal gain. I mean, I don't think any kind of support is healthy if it leads to perceptions that are out of line with reality. Anyone who is out there saying that Oladipo is some kind of amazing player I'd laugh at just like those who are still going on about Harden despite the fact that he just got done taking a **** on them.

14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm sorry, I just dont think we're as good as you think we are. I LOVE this team, but even with a fully engaged Harden, we have no chance of taking down the Lakers, and even winning a series against the likes of the Suns, Nuggets, etc. is no guarantee. That's the case with or without Harden. We're an exciting team with lots of young players and rehab projects who are out there proving themselves every night. But lets not get ahead of ourselves and say that we're better than we were with CP3.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reason you think that is due to how they looked when Harden was doing everything he could to make them appear to the worst team in the league.

Had he bought in and actually tried to make the team a success, they'd have looked VERY different. The Harden to Wood connection would be free points just about any time they wanted them. Now sure, Harden would have hurt the team's defense which is their current identity, but assuming he was really trying, it would still be very solid.

The emergence of Wood is what potentially could have made the team better than they were in CP3's first season, but Harden was unwilling to give the team a chance and he started undermining and sabotaging the team before the season even started.

Now sure, I'm still enjoying the current team, so I don't mind that he's gone.....I'm just going to hold his disgraceful actions against him and laugh at the "Rockets fans" who are still trying to carry water for him after he took a **** on them.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will say this, with Morey gone, the management wasnt interested in "spolining" Harden anymore. Hence exits Dantoni, hence entering a coach he had no input in hiring, hence exits WB fro Wall. Those choices clearly indicated a culture change to the disliking of Harden. So he bolted out of here. I wouldn't call it he didn't have help. It's just the culture change in the team was not catered to his liking and it probably wouldn't have worked even if he somehow was bought into it. For example, I don't see Silas would allow him to play the way Dantoni allowed him to play. So ... in Cousin's words, this was done way before he demanded a trade here. Let's put this past us, let's move on. The Harden era is done.

17. TimDuncanDonaut

R. Wallace and D Cousins.

No disrespect to Cousin, since Sheed balled out in them Pistons years. But if I'm reaching for comparison, can make one about how the refs gave techs to both guys for the smallest things. ...and both wear headband.

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love Harden. Don't love the way he acted in the end. If he would have just stayed quiet like he always did i wouldn't rag on him so much. Will I cheer for him in a few years, yeah. For now no way. He acted like a b**** leaving. Not even Lebron did that. He deserves a ring but we didn't deserve the piss poor attitude he brought into camp after partying during a pandemic. Bad form.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Then let tonight be a very early test. Wall is out, but so is that Thunder player who's name I can never spell. The "good one." Can the Thunder roar or will they whimper? I think we'll give Wall plenty to applaud while he sits on the sidelines. Long term? You could be right. Time tells all.

Whoops! The Grizzlies are up half a game, not the "Thunder." Edit coming up!

#119 Deckard, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#120 Os Trigonum, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021