1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't think Harden is getting away with more. The only difference is the media is not focusing on it anymore.

Rocket River, HP3, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  2. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

lmao i didnt confirm ****...go stick with being a harden stan...you keep resorting to the jeremy lin and chandler parson sticky ball crap...not sure why...you seem contrary to the way 29 other teams play team basketball...so stop wasting my time and go join a nets forum...instead of pouncing like a b**** in heat every time someone criticizes harden...you can like harden and still criticize him..those aren't mutually exclusive..stop wasting my time

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

you really need to work on your comebacks..sad stuff...

4. Nook

Nook Member

Go work the fry line.

You really are oblivious to basketball.

29 other teams do not play differently......... just stick to your Jerry Lin and Chandler Parson crap and complain about sticky ball somewhere else.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Except for the Blazers in 2014 and Spurs in 2017.

J.R. likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Are you that lin fan that had no life with to much time on his hands that made the harden no defense video? I mean you troll here with multiple ids so you obviously have no life or job so...

Mr Chuck Norris and vlaurelio like this.
  7. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

lmao just stick to your harden is perfect in every way narrative....and anyone that criticizes him cant be a fan of his...you're a moron..go finish watching your harden highlights vid ignorant ass...nets forum sounds good for you...crybaby ass

8. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

"troll here with multiple ids" ...tell me something is that what you do? you seem pretty insistent on it....harden stan..i like harden but i can take the goggles off and acknowledge he has his flaws...but i get it ...he's perfect in your eyes and anyone that criticizes him cant be a fan of his too...after all those are mutually exclusive

9. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets and Blazers were both 54-28 in 2014.

In 2017 the Spurs were 61-21 and the Rockets were 55-27.

I don't think either was clear cut that the Rockets should have won.

The 2017 series had the worst playoff performance of Harden's career, a pathetic game 6 though.

jiggyfly, HP3, TEXNIFICENT and 2 others like this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I still remember something from that Blazers series that I don’t think happens very often at all.

We lost the series to them, even though we outscored them over the entirety of the series.

MettaWorldPete and eliefor3 like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so why are bitter exes still b****ing about 2017 rockets vs spurs in a 2021 nets thread again?

is it really that hard to move on?

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is the engine for BK...basically handles the majority of the playmaking duties so that Kyrie and KD can focus on scoring, and he’ll still pitch in 20-30 points every night

he controls the pace and gets the role players great shots

Harden is able to be the best SG or PG in the NBA on a whim

the Big 3 works very well together

vlaurelio, Rocket_ph, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What's weird is that he has probably become the best PG since Magic and this is only his second full season of playing the position. The guy has amazing basketball skill and IQ.

14. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I'll say this about the Big 3 so far:
    - Harden makes every shot I expect him to make.
    - KD misses shots I expect him to make.
    - Irving makes shots I expect him to miss.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

True, Portland beat us at the buzzer but Howard carried us in that series.
    But agreed, it was by no means a given.
    Didn't the spurs have a key player out in their series I can't remember

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It might be true to an extent. But I think this narrative has been overblown for years by Rockets fans. Harden and CP3 were top stars, but we weren't the media darling. San Antonio is a much smaller market than Houston, we never really saw any animosity from the media against them. Even the Mavs, with a loud mouth owner does not seem to get any special negative treatment. What is so special about Houston that they hate us so much?

And during our championship runs in the '90s, I didn't feel much of media conspiracy against us.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

They look really though on offense and give me peak 2018 Rockets vibes with post-injury Durant instead of Ariza, and slightly diminished Harden version of himself. Kyrie is no CP he might put up numbers but they are just different tiers in terms of IQ, defense and overal game. I can't see them going over LA teams in full power over 7 games, too many weak souls on their team and unbalanced squad but you never know, these are 3 geniuses on offense if they get hot for 4 games it's nothing you can do.

They are highest ceiling-lowest floor(from contenders) type of team(in the playoffs, because I don't give a **** bout inflated RS records of Dantoni ball). As good as they are there are too many question marks about injuries, defense, DeAndre Jordan, coaching, depth etc

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clippers were 15-1 going into last night when at any point in a game they have been up double digits.

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

True

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol what's Dantonii ball in this regard? Also All three of these guys are proven playoff performers? And Nash is the coach, not Dantoni.