1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Nvm

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

This team scares me. Thank goodness they play in the eastern conference. This is the first time this season that I've seen a team truly beat the Clippers with the Clippers playing up their capabilities. Of course one can say that the Clippers didn't have Patrick Beverly, who would do a better job at guarding Kyrie Irving than Reggie Jackson or Lou Williams, but it is also true that the Nets will improve their current iteration of their team. The Nets will add to their roster via the buyout market. The Nets still have their tax payer MLE and a disabled player exception. Barring injuries, we may have possibly seen the NBA Finals preview, and to use a phrase from ESPN's Rachel Nichols, "It's going to be juicy"...

Stephen_A, rockbox, vlaurelio and 3 others like this.
  3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

mind ur own business ...ur the biggest harden stan gtfo..in another thread? u tracking me man? u sound upset? go the nets forum bro..ignorant crap because i dont agree with you? now thats ignorant

#1803 DCHAMP, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    bmelo likes this.
  4. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

na man @Nook doesnt wanna hear that..it doesnt help his narrative about harden...if anyone mentions anything remotely criticizing harden this dude is ready to pounce...apparently you cant like harden and criticize him...those are mutually exclusive by his ignorant logic..

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

said the guy with muscle flex in his avi...lmao didnt know people still did that.."jerry lin" hilarious man...harden stans next level..keep sucking up bro

6. riko

riko Member

Go back to posting as Swedish Olajuwon fan you troll with your multiple ids

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

So I'm watching Harden with his arms extended pushing (slightly) Kawhi, on a shot toward end of game. I'm looking like "Wow he got away with that? In Houston that would have been two fouls." It's funny how that works

Ramo$e, Stephen_A and Rocket River like this.
  9. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

True, but at least it was some defense (as opposed to the no-defense they played against the Wizards). Also consider that the Clippers have scored 120+ nine times this season.

Ramo$e, rockbox and vlaurelio like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Indeed, it's funny how we notice him getting away with fouls while he's playing for another team, and not when he's on our team. But not surprising -- we see officiating with respect to our team in a different light compared to officiating for another team.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The Nets are the new media darlings. It's NY vs LA in the finals. It's best for the league.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I foresee with some retooling in the off season they will win it next season. Prob not complete enough team this year. But who knows. Couple acquisitions may put them in a very good position. Such a scary team. But watching them last night I think you’d have to take the ball out of hardens hands and make Kyrie be a playmaker. I’d make Kyrie beat me. The clippers didn’t have the personnel to guard those guys last night. You’d also have to play a bigger lineup and clog those lanes. I’d have to watch them more. Weird team though. It’s really just dribble drive all day and stop us if you can offense. And KD and Harris makes them so dangerous on kick outs or spot up shooting. Very hard to guard.

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

?

14. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Harden is a maximize wins kind of guy with whatever team he is on. He did awesome 6th man stuff and was an evolutionary Manu in OKC, he shouldered the load and ISO’s in Houston when he needed to, and now he’s a triple double matching w/ the nets and his iso has gone way down and his PnR yo. He also made CC and a couple other guys major bank.
    Did he have some bad habits in Houston? Sure, most players aren’t perfect- Harden certainly wasn’t. But we beat the teams we were supposed to beat in the playoffs, basically never got bounced before talent said we should have, and Harden had way less fire power around him than did the stars of the teams that bounced him from the playoffs.
    Most of the arguments against him from the national guys are stupid.

jiggyfly, Air Canada, HP3 and 8 others like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Most of the arguments against him from people here are stupid takes as well.

riko, Air Canada, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I'm not tracking ****. I made an educated guess based on what you said and you just confirmed it.

Take your Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons..... sticky ball crap somewhere else.

There is nothing wrong when you have a contrary opinion but you better have something to back it up and you have NOTHING, so stop wasting everyone's time.

riko likes this.
  17. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

As a longtime diehard Nets fan, this made me smile... never in my wildest dreams did I ever think the Nets would be a “media darling”...

rockbox likes this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Moving to Brooklyn and getting all the top stars will do that. The league would rather have the Knicks but they are realist. ;-)

HP3 and yoeddy like this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean winning sometimes is about luck. Soo many factors can drastically change your season which is why I never understood the rings argument when people want to say who is the GOAT.

Dwight was great for 2 seasons here, we made the WCF and he got injured in game 1. Never was the same player after that. CP3 was great for 90% of 1 season. Then he got injured in the WCF and was never same.

Westbrook had a great run for 2 months, then he got Covid and hurt his Quad and was never the same player. The trend isn't that Harden keeps running players in their prime off our team. Its that they drastically fall off from their peak performance and we need to move on. Not sure any player ever has had as bad of luck as Harden when it comes to team health. Especially since he is an ironman.

Even when we had Dwight, we were always hit with serious injuries that prevented us from beating the Warriors. We played them without Beverly and DMo who were easily 2 out of 5 of our best players that year. We also missed Luc the year we lost in game 7. The warriors on the other side have had some of the best luck in the history of league to win a ring. They didn't play a single starting PG in their first championship run. Then of course the get KD and its a wrap. Their luck finally caught up to them with the Klay and KD injuries in the last finals.

Anyone who thinks Harden by himself playing 45 minutes a game should have beaten the Warriors at home in Game 7 really isn't giving him a fair judgement. Name me 1 player in league history that could have carried that Rockets team to the finals with the bad officiating and playing against 4 all stars and 2 of which were MVPs.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It's funny, he definitely did the same stuff as a Rocket. Of course, when it benefits our team, it does not offend in the same way. Same with CP3's flopping.

IMO, the most egregious thing Harden does is hooking his arm under the defender's arm during a drive, basically pulling them along and up into his shot, but somehow it's a foul on the defender. You would think officials would have watched tape on this and figured out they are being tricked. But he is still getting away with that this year! He had a ridiculous one earlier this year while still on the Rockets. I'm glad when my team gets points, but you can see why opposing fans hate that crap.

Ramo$e likes this.