1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Wall
    Wood

Both look good

This is the same team harden had around him just subbed in for oladipo

And they are out here. Breaking records

and Putting up 48 point quarters

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You're not wrong right now. They're looking a lot better than I thought. But I still think that any team depending on the health of John Wall is basically screwed.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You share the ball, you share the USAGE!!

And some things, some things will happen, usually good things.

astros123, kjayp, clos4life and 6 others like this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

This team is not dependening on the health of john wall. He has not played that many minutes during this winning streak.
    This team is depending on Christian Wood, Defense and the heart of that group.
    Very sustainable.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

If Harden put the same effort on this team as he does at Strip Clubs we would be undefeated and the favorites for the title.

astros123, Pbev99, Andre0087 and 21 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Simps will say the craziest things to defend the objects of their desire, it's why they should pretty much be ignored.

I said it then, and it's proven to be true now, the biggest problem the team had was Harden actively sabotaging them.

If he was a better person, the team would have been championship favorites.... instead he made them look like the worst team in the league in an effort to have KD and Kyrie carry him.

This team doesn't have quite the potential of one with a version of Harden that is a decent person, but it's a lot of fun to watch and the future is now bright.

bmelo, groovemachine, Amel and 22 others like this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I had made prior posts hoping Harden would stay and actually have a chip on his shoulder to prove he could win here. Boogie, Wall and Wood all each have something to prove to the NBA given injuries and past concerns over locker room issues. I thought it could have been a perfect storm where they could really turn heads and surprise everyone this season. Maybe not win it all, but definitely be competitive and in the running for other teams vying for the title. It's a shame Harden gave up on the team because now we're seeing pretty good glimpses night in and night out of this team's potential and their ceiling. This team can ball.

clos4life, Ramo$e, chadyang and 3 others like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What crowd?
    Are you saying the Washington Wizards with Westbrook is proof that Harden, did indeed, have help last year.

9. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I.d.d.i.o.t.

clos4life likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We'd be a much better team had he bought in and gave it a good honest effort. Obviously, he had his sights set elsewhere. This is not anyone saying Harden has never given effort or that he's a bad leader or anything...but this season he definitely was.

I don't think this team is better without Harden...it's just better without the attitude he bought into the season.

There was no patience and trust shown to his new head coach and team, not that I blame him, this 6 game winning streak has been a surprise to many...but hopefully it continues.

oelman44, ktbballplaya, AXG and 10 others like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

But, can they win the NBA Championship? Expectations matter. Harden is labeled a choker when he can't beat the Lebron/AD Lakers, or prime Golden St with Durant. This team won't and shouldn't be judged that harshly. The Rockets are rebuilding and Stone is doing a great job so far.

ktbballplaya and MettaWorldPete like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

technically, last year was more of turtle didn't have any help

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

When a guy eats up 40-50 million dollars a year of your salary cap, you are depending on him.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No, Harden looking bad as usual.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Let’s face it, Harden would never have bought in on the defensive intensity Silas is preaching but our offensive output would be crazy if he chose to stay and play the Silas way.

16. Rockets4Life13

On court play has nothing to do with salary.

The point is, during this streak john wall contributed, but not as much as you're making it out to be.

We will be fine even if he sits out a game or two.

17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Brooklyn is not winning anything this season at the very least though.

Losing there will be way more psychologically damaging than if he lost in this roster.

That Brooklyn trio’s ego will get hurt and there will be blaming and some cognitive dissonance.

He lost out quitting on this team. Would’ve been a title contender. Would’ve been his glory instead of sharing the credit with these clowns in Brooklyn who already won without him.

Sigh....I still feel the Rockets screwed up manipulating him into staying and convincing in general. Even after his quit game.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I want the rockets to beat the nets so bad. I want Tate to put the clamps on Harden so bad that Harden throws the ball at him like he did in practice. I want Harden to score less than 20 on 30% shooting. I want Boogie to take a hard foul on harden and get tossed. I want Wood to score 40. That would be my championship for this team.

19. WiltTheStilt13

20. raspar

raspar Member

Bro, give me a time when Blames Hardee’s persisted though tough times, continued to believe in his teammates, and worked through challenges like a champion?

That man is a waste of talent that looks like he’ll fail with the nets too, then blame Kyrie or KD.