1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/28/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

One thing to remember is no one thought Harden would be as good as he was.

Many people projected him to be a Joe Johnson type of player. Fringe all-star, nice player to have, that's about it. He turned out to be one of the all-time greats.

There really is nothing stopping Wood. He scores with such ease that he really could be as good as he wants to be. The only reason people hesitate is because of his draft position...in that he wasn't drafted at all!

If Wood was a top 3 draft pick narrative would be. "Oh he's coming into his own now! He's going to dominate!"

But since he wasn't there is this cautious feeling of "Can he keep this up?" like if this was Ayton doing this everyone would have just nodded their heads and go "Ah, he's finally adjusting to the NBA game then. He's finally breaking out!"

But there really is nothing stopping Wood. The kind of shots he routinely hits are insane.

While I'm not saying Wood CAN be a perennial All-star I am saying I don't think it wise to put ceilings on him right now.

D-rock, roslolian, Patience and 5 others like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

agreed . I think his body can get better and his skills can continue to improve .

personally I doubt he can get to the level of AD or Jokic offensively, not because he doesn’t have that potential, but because so few players get there .

he’s definitely has lots of room to grow .

bigs used to peak later in their career . 30-32. Wood isn’t 21-22 but he’s still young.

D-rock, roslolian, Patience and 3 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahah! AWESOME!

roslolian, JayGoogle and Ramo$e like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Another thing to remember is everyone in the media as well as here on cf doubted 2018 Rockets...hardly anyone believed they can win it all.... even when they took no 1 seed mayority doubted it will translate into playoffs success, especially beating the Warriors, its only when rockets were up 3:2 vs gsw that the feelings of many started to shift.
    And now 2018 squad is a golden standard amongst rockets fans