1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Beal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

This team is currently an auction house not a playoff team. Beal coming here for what? Wall and Boogie? To get swept by Lebron and the Lakers in round 1?

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I mean this respectfully, but the guy being dismissive of the greatness of the Lakers or questioning whether Butler is a top 15 player is in no position to accuse somebody else of being unable to judge talent.

You can’t make accusations like that and then follow it up with such craptastic analysis. That was hard to read.

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I don't know if you mean that to be good or bad? Harden plays like a reincarnation of Bird/Magic with the ball in his hands. Can facilitate or score in bunches which is what anybody would want in a player. He can easily be the most imposing defender as well.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, this was obvious as soon as they broadcast this clip.

(wait, actually, who is this guy, and why should we believe what he is saying?)

D-rock likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Things you will only read on clutchfans lol

7. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Does Oladipo still want to go to Miami? Does Miami want him? I'm sure Miami would rather Beal, but if I'm Rockets I call Miami about an Oladipo deal. Flip those young players, and picks plus one or two of ours for Beal.

I would rather just roll with what we have and keep all our picks, but since we are on the subject I thought that might be a way to get him without losing too much.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How did I miss this today?? Rockets should do it if they can.

D-rock likes this.
  9. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

I can see why you fell that way. Having a high pick is sexy. Fans see it as hope, a new identify after losing Harden.

That being said I do think we are better than you think. Now, there are many factors that go into that statement, health being the main one.

If Vic Wall Wood and Associates law firm can stay healthy and start to build chemistry this team is gonna be a 5/6 seed when it all shakes out.

Stone has made some solid moves right now.

BamBam and cmlmel77 like this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's a very shortsighted view. What about after this season? How long do you think the Lakers will remain on top when Lebron is already 36 years old? Because Wood and Beal are a decade younger and could be deadly combo for years. Other than the Lakers the league looks to have parity.

What's your long term plan to build a contender around Wood? Hopefully, one day one of our draft picks could be as good of a player as Beal. No guarantee of that. And that pick would take years to develop. By the time we develop a superstar internally Wood will be in his thirties.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

How bad a defender is Beal? That would be my only concern. Have not watched a ton of Wizards basketball and virtually none when Beal and Wall are on the court at the same time. Dipo is obviously an elite defender and that has to count for something, although without a commitment to staying here.
    Who is the better fit? I honestly don't know.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Legit concern.

He's bad.

But not sure if it's because he cant be better or doesnt care to be better.

BamBam likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Realistically speaking, what would it even take to trade for Beal? Oladipo + 3 FRPs??

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

At least.

Maybe 3 pick swaps too.

15. minis9

minis9 Member

I’m fine with that if swap VO with EG/PJ/House, and none of the picks after 2024
    Not like any of the picks we give up will be top 10, so chances of getting someone as good as Beal is low.
    1st round picks, especially the later ones are valuable as currency, but less so when actually picking players. How many 1st rounders each year stays in NBA? How many are Beals level?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

WAS will not accept that.

It's not just the picks/swaps but the player in return.

BamBam likes this.
  17. minis9

minis9 Member

I am not sure about that. If WAS really is to trade Beal, they will value picks and salary dump over who they get.
    EG is probably not the best contract, but we can try find a third team
    PJ and Exum are decent sized expiring, and we have like a 10M TPE from Harden

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm pretty certain WAS will not take that deal.

Not to mention few other teams can propose better trade than that offer.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We need to tank for 2022 draft. Emoni Bates is the real deal. Beal will hurt our chances of drafting the next KD

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just because Beal is this season's scoring leader like Harden was his last 3 seasons with Rockets does not mean he will garner wins like Harden did.