1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dmoneybangbang

So are the Jags and Jets realistic? The latter being a pretty poor organization like the Texans.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don’t think they would trade him inside the division but the jets are possible. After hearing the press conference seems like Texans will play hardball and keep him.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

On ESPN Dan Orlovsky is proposing Daniel Jones + Saquon Barkley + 3 first round picks for Watson. NYG picks at #11 in this year's draft.

I don't love Daniel Jones, but there is a benefit in getting a serviceable, young QB PLUS 3 first rounders as compared to the Jets deal where you have to use a first rounder to take a QB (like Wilson or Fields). I suppose the Jets could add in Darnold, but they guy doesn't look like he'll ever turn into much.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That would actually be a trade I would entertain.
    Jones showed some flashes last year and Saquon is a stud.
    Plus the team isn’t that good so their picks might be good next season.

whag00 and El_Conquistador like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wrong thread.

6. conquistador#11

Daniel Jones? Daniel was put into the Lion's den with the purpose of killing him. Instead, god intervenes and Daniel tames the lions. I like it! Give me Daniel. Saquon Barkley? Sounds like trouble in the locker room!!! and a guy that will be asking the team for his money 20 years after retiring. We need a Luke! Lord help us find a Luke.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Or a CHRISTIAN Mccaffery

UTSA2step likes this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Daniel Jones? Lol. Him and his 3 turnovers a game can stay right in NY.

UTSA2step likes this.
  10. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Of those deals, I like the Jets' package the most since that #2 pick could be a high caliber young QB (Wilson/Fields) and it's likely that future draft picks are high (Jets team sucks).

The Miami package isn't bad either if you believe in Tua. Getting the #3 pick from MIA lets you get Ja'marr Chase, who may be the next superstar WR, or Penei Sewell, a cornerstone o-lineman for a decade plus (or until Easterby excommunicates him, whichever occurs earlier). I do fear that the Dolphins will be SB contenders with Watson, thereby diminishing the value of their future picks.

Shark44 and UTSA2step like this.
  11. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

People need to move away from Miami and the Jets. Just not likely destinations at all.

Look to San Francisco, the Rams, and possibly the Falcons if they are able to swing it as more likely destinations.

More likely this comes to a head later than the draft and the Texans balk on deals offered in an attempt to keep Watson.

UTSA2step likes this.
  12. Texanstradamus

Jones sucks rather draft our own QB

13. Texanstradamus

He wants the jets

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Texanstradamus

I’ve had a change of heart Texans need to make sure they squeeze every asset out the team he goes too or let him sit or come in and play I’m not getting crumbs back Deshaun signed that contract thats his fault so he under the teams control Texans already dysfunctional can’t get anymore dysfunctional than having a team Chaplin run an organization so Deshaun playing hard ball he the least of this team worries from a media standpoint

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, those teams don’t have what it will take in terms of draft picks.
    And Atlanta is pretty far from San Fran and LA in terms of ready to compete.

UTSA2step likes this.
  16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would be very Texan of them to do it after the draft when none of the picks are guaranteed to be a top 5 (or whatever) pick.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I always laugh when I hear a Dolphins package headlined by the draft pick we gave them.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At this point, I fully expect there to be a wave of more “culture is toxic”, “Easterby is a psycho”, “Cal is a buffoon”, “prayer meetings everyday” articles to come out over the next few months casting the Texans as the most alienating, bizarre, incompetent franchise out there.

With all that smoke, I doubt any of the top potential draft picks will want to consider signing here... and will likely advise their agents to ensure it doesn’t happen.

The Texans probably deep down know this as well, hence why they’re more inclined to just spend the extra effort convincing Deshaun vs. convincing all potential high draft picks that have zero connection/commitment to Houston.

Eventually with enough time, and Easterby being draw/quartered, Cal being neutered or forced to sell, or Casserio going rogue and saying those two are literally just going to be figure-heads... high profile draft picks and free agents may consider signing with this ****-show of a franchise. But for now, I wouldn’t count on any of that for this upcoming season.

desihooper and Two Sandwiches like this.
  19. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Poorly thought out stance. What you are describing is an extremely rare occurrence in the NFL draft - reserved only for generational QB prospects. Eli Manning was the last one to do it -- 17 years ago. John Elway before that - in 1983. Trevor Lawrence is the only POSSIBLE person to credibly have a chance at doing this, but he won't have issue with a culture of faith and Christian ethics, since he is highly religious himself.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Good for us

cmoak1982 likes this.