1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly don't know how much of Watson's vocal support for BoB was just due to him not wanting to create chaos in the locker room.

Oski2005, Nook and DonnyMost like this.
  2. fchowd0311

My ****ing god. They get compensated to live some of the lost lavish lifestyles on the planet due to demand. Demand is fans. And no this has nothing to do with me as a singular fan. I'm reffering to fans as a collective are literally responsible for allowing a system where people can earn millions throwing a ball. Without fans, there is no NFL. There is no player earning millions for throwing a ball.

3. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

I didn’t insinuate you were not from Houston.. I said US.

I’m just butthurt. I’m not sure who’s really at fault as everything is just speculation. Deshaun hasn’t spoken up. Either way to me both sides can’t compromise for the sake of the city the fans the team and the organization. To me both sides are doing us dirty. Whatever though, I wish Watson the best.

4. fchowd0311

Nah dude. These guys don't need to worry about the fans. The fans are apparently irrelevant and the NFL can survive without fans allegedly.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

counting another man’s pockets again...Idk if it’s envy or what

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

fan entitlement are in worst type of people. The kind that teams are better off not even having to follow them in the first place. they're absolutely pathetic. In fact, those are the ones athletes laugh at the most

Reeko likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

Dude that's such an empty statement. You made a claim that fans are irrelevant and entitled. Fans are literally the reason why people can make millions throwing a ball.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Texans been doing me dirty for almost 20 years...they would be the ones to be in the position where they’re trading a young franchise QB because they are a joke organization

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Turkey Leg Hut is a powerful argument ... something has gone bad in H town.

Nook and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Sylvester Turner got fat.

11. Major

Major Member

Except Watson demanding a trade doesn't cost the NFL fans. He'll lose fans personally and he'll gain new fans in his new city. He'll garner interest in Houston by being the enemy. Watson getting traded doesn't affect NFL finances at all - that's just fans trying to pretend they are important and that, for some bizarre reason, suggesting Watson should make decisions for himself based on their desires.

Reeko, Nook, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  12. fchowd0311

I don't think you really are understanding my point. Never did I imply that Watson being traded is going to hurt Watson's bottom line dude.

I'm debating people who say fans are entitled. I'm stating without fans, there is no individual making millions throwing a ball.

13. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn't give a **** about the fans..... if he wins he will have fans.

None of the players really give a ****...... the owners don't really either.

fchowd0311 and YOLO like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

they provide a product that people enjoy...they provide entertainment...their talent and ability is what draws people in and allows them to make millions as no one would be tuning in to watch a bunch of average joes play sports

15. fchowd0311

@YOLO, he isn't condoning athletes not caring about fans. He's just stating the reality which I have been also.

It's sad that athletes don't appreciate fans.

16. fchowd0311

Demand always comes first before supply you Reaganomics acolyte.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is my biggest issue...it’s such a jarring level of entitlement

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah you haven't. what Nook said has nothing to do with what you have said. everything you've said for the past countless pages was just dumb

it isn't sad at all. it only sucks for you bc you have that dumb sense of entitlement. that's a you problem

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

there would be no demand if they weren’t at the top 1% of what they do

entitled fans don’t get that as they count other’s pockets out of envy, act like athletes owe them sh*t, and compare sports to regular jobs

YOLO likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

He made his decision when he signed a contract extention asking for dedication to the franchise. He signed it. Actions have consequences.

body slam likes this.