1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

You think this current group of CFers will be around in 20 years?

YOLO, Verbal Christ and Sooty like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well if Watson is traded we will get an army of first round picks so more than likely we will aquire another future star soon going that route but the odds of that player being better than Watson is slim to none.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why are you on a team message board? You should start a Deshaun Watson message board.

To be clear, no one is saying you should support a team's shitty decisions. I've been critical of the Texans for years. I thought Obrien was a disaster long before the record reflected it.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most of the time you become fan of a team when you are a kid.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Is there a watson message board? havent seen it

currently, I'm on the texans board to laugh at how shitty they've been to answer your question

7. justtxyank

Most of the ones here by their own admission don't root for the teams they just root for the players so I would guess not.

JayGoogle and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Mr. Space City

Me watching the Texans when they draft another Superstar QB

[​IMG]

gatsby, Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. justtxyank

I said you should start one.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You never know how long it will take. Could be 2 years as easily as 20. Hell, could be in this upcoming draft. The point is if you are going to bail on the franchise to simp for a head case QB seeking to blow things up, don't latch on to the nuts of the next star player here.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Exactly. That's why it's impossible for me to dump any Houston sports teams regardless of how bad they are run. They are my childhood teams. You can't just let that go.

texans1095 and Nook like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans have been 4-12 two of the four seasons he has been on the team. So the team hasn't exactly done all that well. He did win a playoff game against the Bills in the 4 years he was on the Texans.

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that he really wasn't a huge fan of management decisions when he was a Texan, he just said little about it.

I am sure his agent is trying to get him into a better situation. Watson is a very ambitious person and likely wants greater attention and to be in a position to win soon.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

good idea. ill ask clutch for his thoughts

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His tax write offs are very noble.....but they don't change the fact that he's just shown his true character.

Fantasma Negro and BossHogg713 like this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pointless comment. Is there a clause in Deshaun's contract that says the owners have to "earn support"? Why did he sign a long-term deal with the Texans knowing what ownership was in place? The Jets have been one of the biggest trainwrecks in the NFL for a decade, but that's one of Deshaun's preferred destinations, what exactly is the argument there?

I'm a fan of Houston sports teams. I don't support them unequivocally in everything they do, especially the Texans who are especially dumb, but their competence is not a factor in whether or not players can essentially void their contracts that they willingly signed. And I get it....Deshaun will get what he wants. The Texans will trade him for an underwhelming package. That's how it goes nowadays where everybody slurps up "player empowerment".

Call it "bootlicking" if you want, but the reality is it's just bad for sports.

cmoak1982 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. justtxyank

That 4-12 twice stat is misleading. One of those times they were 4-12 because he tore his ACL. They were 3-3 when he played.

He's basically played 3 full seasons for the Texans.

And yeah, he SHOULD disapprove of the management decisions. I don't blame him for that. The management decisions have been bad. I don't blame him for not wanting to be a Texan.

JayGoogle, dookiester, Nook and 2 others like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

No one should "feel bad" for Watson or McNair. They have it pretty good relatively speaking.

Having said that, I am not at all surprised that someone as talented and ambitious wants out from an organization that really hasn't shown it is ambitious and has been a train wreck the last few years.

fchowd0311 and dookiester like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

.....anywhere but the f*cking Titans

Rocket River
    DeShawn on the Titans would just be unbearable.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is dizzying how Cal McNair McNair took over in November of 2018 and basically destroyed the franchise in a little over 2 years. He hires Easterby in April 2019, which started the decline with the Gaine firing. It took Littlefinger alot more time in GoT to his damage. LOL.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Have to question his ambition if Jets and Dolphins are his choices.
    That screams spotlight seeking more than success.

Rudyc281 and fchowd0311 like this.