1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

So what exactly is his issue? Cal?

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

4.6/4.7? Thats manageable lol

3. Texanstradamus

If they trade him I’m out

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Talk about unsurprising.

All Cal McNair had to do was not go back on his word to Watson, and things likely never escalate to this point. As long as Cal McNair is still the owner and Jack Easterby is allowed to have a say in football decisions, the Texans will never be a good organization and don’t deserve a dime from Houston football fans.

Since I’m a native Houstonian and was a diehard Oilers’ fan as a kid, I should naturally like the Texans, but I was done with the organization after they retained Bill O’Brien following the playoff debacle in Kansas City and allowed him to give DeAndre Hopkins away before this season. If they give in to Watson’s request, there’s no chance I’ll be following the team any time soon.

dookiester, Sooty and Texanstradamus like this.
  5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

the worst run franchise in football.

Watson tried to tough it out. I don't blame him for trying to salvage his career at this point.

Sooty likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We will see

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

But Watson never asked to pick gm or head coach. Cal said Deshaun would be invovled. But then didn't tell him and hiring Cesario or interview coach he liked in Robert Salah. Why ask for his input and completely disregard it?

I don't think that's the sole reason he wants out either but sounds like it was the last straw. They got Joel Osteen running the team over there

DVauthrin and Sooty like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What? Why not actually sincerely debate my points? This isn't about jealousy. This is about keeping perspective and many athletes like Watson who made it financially lose it.

9. dookiester

dookiester Member

But is there a non-compete clause, or are you just saying his contract term is still in effect? Because he can just break his contract and say I'm out, and the Texans can't sue him to make him play. So only leverage the Texans have is if there is a non-compete in the contract.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i know we will see him traded

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Cool and i still want the Texans to keep Watson.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Watson backed BOB every step of the way, the results of that was Hop being traded. Did Watson back BOB as he became the GM? Absolutely he did. BOB was his guy.

Watson rode the franchise into the ground along with his guy BOB and now that it's hitting rock bottom, he's stabbing the fans and the franchise in the back......and many of them are still simping for him as he's proving he doesn't care about them at all. His simps are actively rooting on his behavior.

It's honestly so pathetic it's hilarious.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What are you doing here if you can run a 4.7??? You could probably be a special teams gunner with all that talent! Especially for the Texans.

14. SuraGotMadHops

I don't understand what payscale has to do with this situation. There are plenty of people with high paying jobs everywhere that can get disgruntled with management, suffer in a toxic work environment, and are overall unhappy with their work life and want to leave to a better situation. This is a country of free enterprise, even millionaires have the right to see if they can improve their work life.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Man... when the Bears have the last laugh...

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think having an issue with Cal McNair appearing to be a dumb team owner is pretty plausible haha

Nook and DVauthrin like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m saying if he retires. He can’t come back after a year and sign wherever. The Texans own his rights for the length of his contract.

dookiester likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We will see

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Both things can be true, but you still have to pick a side ultimately, and the right side ain't management.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At this point, I get the sense that he’s known about Cal longer than just this off season.

DVauthrin and justtxyank like this.
  21. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Inflation, I can give you class.
    Yup! Average household income is $76k.

So, people can definitely become homeowners.

How out of touch with reality ARE YOU?

Verbal Christ likes this.