1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think Watson is getting nearly the kind of heat he should get for this from fans.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The goal should be to get him to retire.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Record him making racist comments and admitting he’s a trumptard.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Kinda. Did the culture suddenly change from when he signed his massive record extension and today? He knew what he was doing when he signed that extention.

5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

He probably would, if the Texans didn’t operate as possibly one of the worst front offices in sports history.

- Bob to GM
    - Fire Amy Palcic is of cultural fit
    - trade hop due to the same reason
    - bring in the pastor, let him make all the moves

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I agree that he should get more heat for this. I think that is because the Texans have taken any goodwill they had and lit it on fire.

#86 Chilly_Pete, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

vinsensual, awc713 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah - making it next-to-impossible to trade him....

9. MystikArkitect

Lmao at anyone actually respecting this franchise even before this.

Imagine the absolute worst type of Houston dude running a sports team. That's Texans and now....Rockets.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's because a lot of those "fans" are fans of the player and not the team. Getting rid of those kinds of "fans" would be part of the benefit of making Watson retire or trading him.

Unfortunately those kinds of "fans" will be right back on the bandwagon the second there's another star player they can simp for.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  11. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

****ing this. I love watson and he's incredible to watch. But he's acting like a complete diva. He's mad about not being able to decide who the GM is?? Is he the one paying the 6m a year GM salary? Has he led the Texans anywhere except to two playoff blowouts? Texans traded Dhop literally so they could max out Watson and protect him with Tunsil. I'm not saying the Texans aren't at fault, but for Watson giving no energy in trying to fix this and forcing a trade this early in his career is straight-up diva ****.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Expand. Why should he get more heat in your opinion? Make sure you apply the context to the most recent team moves into your response.

Support the team at all costs? Have 5 losing seasons in a row due to mismanagement?

When would be a better time to request a trade in your opinion? Things didnt seem THIS bleak in September and even then he signed a short deal giving a glimpse into his feelings. Should he have not signed the extension and requested the trade in September when presented with it?

Curious to see some fans turning on him.

13. Fantasma Negro

Sounds like you guys are having a circle jerk cry session lol

14. justtxyank

Honestly it's BS.

We can argue about whether the Texans were really just a sinking ship all along under OBrien (I think they were) but truthfully they were a solid team RECORD WISE and Watson loved OBrien. So sorry, if all it took to get him to quit on the organization was one bad stretch of poor management decisions then that's pretty lame.

15. Nook

Nook Member

He also isn't going to want to stay and play for an organization he loathes.

The Texans are not going to want to have a QB lead their team that doesn't want to be there.

The Texans will trade Watson because they don't want to have the issue hang over the organizations head and they also do not want their asset to decrease in value.

Watson will not be a Texan next year.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That will likely come later... after the Texans get the head out of their ass and battle fight.

that being said, I agree with the pre-medicated theory. Regardless of owner, coach, gm... he’s gotten focused on getting out of here, and he has the perfect agent to do that for him.

Nook, cmoak1982 and justtxyank like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Thank you. People, you can hate ownership and management but if you are a Texan fan, why are you wanting a great wb leaving this team? It's as if people are rooting for him to leave.

I don't want him to leave, not to spite him, rather because I love watching him play and I love that a great wb is representing the city of Houston.

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

Watson should do like JJ Watt and waste his prime for an awful franchise and sell Ford F-150's

dookiester and Fulgore like this.
  19. fchowd0311

I'm really hoping that's not the case.

Nook likes this.
  20. justtxyank

They haven't had TWO losing seasons in a row yet and you're throwing out "5 losing seasons in a row due to mismanagement" as a strawman. SMH

Zen Tabak likes this.