1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rockets broadcaster expressed his feeling about James Harden

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Texanasiafan, Jan 27, 2021.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Well said. While I don't give 2 sh#$s about Harden now, I can understand people still wanting to root for him

jiggyfly, Patience and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Exactly man. Preach. Im still a Rockets fan. I dont know whats wrong with wanting to see what Harden can actually do with a talented team around him.

TheJuice likes this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

No one gets dream status bro unless they bring the hardware multiple times

Goat center

HP3 likes this.
  4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Higher taxes and gas prices? LOL good job you're a political idiot.

TheJuice and HP3 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

@Salvy is the same guy who was initially calling the fools who stormed the Capitol patriots and tried to argue that the Confederate flag wasn’t bad just to give u a sense of who you’re talking to

TheJuice, HP3 and Air Canada like this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yikes, this thread is a cesspool. Nice work, Clanton.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

HiGheR GaS PRiceS? Yes, higher gas prices. Is that not trending up? Idiot? GTFO

[​IMG]

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Anyone who has given me a chance will read my posts and see where I come from, put aside our differences and carry on. You alike many others will just demean others for having a different opinion. I think your opinion and mindset is bs and fabricated but I still respect it. I think you are ignorant not to see what is going on, I think you have no clue about what is happening to the side you hate so much. Hopefully it does not happen to you, ever.

It's okay, keep pointing me out just like every one else. Keep falsely bringing up my opinions so others can read what you just posted and turn against me without even seeing what happened within 24hrs of the riots. It's almost as if you are establishing a narrative and condemning someone over something that is not even the full story. But you wont share the full story right? I have at least admitted being wrong. I've admitted mistakes. It does not matter thou right?

#68 Salvy, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Somebody is looking for attention.:rolleyes:

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You do know that tweet was looking to stir **** up and to be polarizing right?

There is one born every minute. SMH.

11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Its amazing how this is something that I've seen cited so much over the years and it's so silly and irrelevant to whose in office at the time.... The average retail price of gasoline while Barack Obama was president was $2.97. The average price under President Donald Trump has been $2.49... Which includes lower prices due to the pandemic... The fact is presidents don’t actually have much effect on gas prices and the policies they set have very limited impact if any... The U.S. Energy Information Administration shows that more than half of the retail cost of gasoline is determined by the price of crude oil, and that price is driven, largely, by supply and demand.

The issue of supply and demand is why prices at the pump had been low in 2020. Due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, global oil demand dropped by 5.6 million barrels per day in the first quarter of the year, compared to the previous year, according to the International Energy Agency.

With a steep decline in road traffic, “gasoline was the fuel with the largest absolute decline in demand related to Covid‑19 containment measures,” according to an April report from the IEA.

Similarly, the most recent weekly report from the EIA, the U.S. agency, said, “Efforts to mitigate COVID-19’s spread led to a collapse in global petroleum product demand.” Although global demand has recovered “somewhat,” it said, demand is still lagging what it was in 2019 and “future demand for petroleum products remains highly uncertain as COVID-19 infection rates are rising in a number of countries.”

The weekly average price for regular gasoline in the U.S. dropped from $2.58 at the beginning of the year to $2.14 in the most recent week, hitting a low of $1.77 in late April, according to data from the EIA.

So please stop this ignorant political talking point.

TheJuice and HP3 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

And what is happening? Y’all are getting called out for supporting garbage like Trump? Or are u still trying to be a victim because “conservatives are being silenced?”

TheJuice, Air Canada and HP3 like this.
  13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

tell me about it. you court some white supremacists to support you, let untold thousand die by politicizing a pandemic, and lead and continue to support a little insurrection to overturn an election and people just can't get over their TDS and just leave this guy alone. it's like "oh, we have to have consequences for insurrections" instead of just letting it go and being unified. reminds me so much of HDS. he's been dead for 76 years and we still have shows on all the time talking about what a bad guy he was. it's like get over it, man.

HP3 likes this.
  14. R94

R94 Member

he should have supported Pedo Joe

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

he supported pedo Trump instead

Air Canada likes this.
  16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Most of the idiotic Harden only fans can't even understand this simple logic.

There is 100% valid reason why any normal Rockets fans will be rooting for Harden to fail miserably in the Nets, because the worse the Nets will be, the better the Rockets will get from those picks and faster to rebuild.

Instead, those HOF went the other route, they kept rooting for the Rockets to fail, because they want to prove how important Harden will be for this franchise, even Harden himself already moving on, but they can't.

And that's exactly how pathetic those people are.

LosPollosHermanos and lilbird20 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Except them failing this year....doesnt do anything for the Rockets. Think before you speak.

Air Canada likes this.
  18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

who doesnt hate kaep?

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Getting called out? You mean censored, canceled.... You mean people are losing their jobs and getting banned from social media for supporting a political party. You mean people are losing their freedom of speech because they aren't leftist?

I'm a conservative not a racist. I've never been to a Trump rally or a white supremacy gathering. I'm latino, I was born in Houston from immigrant parents. I believe racism exists although I don't believe in systematic racism. I believe black lives matter, I don't believe all cops are bad. I'm pro life but I do believe abortion has a place and it should exist. I don't condemn lgbt but I am a Christian and I don't think my beliefs are rightfully represented in this country right now. I do believe in my right to own a gun, and I exercise it. I would hate for that right to be taken away.

Trump represented most of my views and beliefs although not all, what was I suppose to do? Vote Hillary and vote Biden which none represents any of my beliefs? I work hard, pay my taxes and stay away from trouble. I try to help as many people as I can and just like you I enjoy watching basketball. I don't hate anyone but I do hate was is happening to this country.

Maybe my beliefs are wrong, maybe I don't see it just yet. But to be treated as a racist Trump supporter for a political opinion is disgusting. Trump never started a war, brought back troops, filled court seats, dropped the prices of insulin, established good relations with many other world leaders and countries. Had more than a couple of peace treaties in life long wars in the middle east. Never, absolutely never did anything racist that any of you could prove. I'll show you a couple of Biden racist actions thou. But its not about that, its about this stupid fing narrative. Yeah Trump is the reason many died of Covid. Democrats started out anti mask then switched. Made it political. Pelosi said to live life normally, Fauci said masks are useless and Biden said Trump's travel ban was xenophobic. Want me to link the videos to these? Will you even admit these people made mistakes? So if they can mistakes why cant Trump? Or why cant a conservative make a mistake? This pandemic, was beyond any government in a country this big.

As I said, Trump represented most of my beliefs. Which in your mid I'm an ignorant, racist scum. Perhaps I'm none of those. I'm an American. I have my beliefs and my political views. Although today I don't lean left or right because both are corrupt AF... And my beliefs and values are being threatened and silenced. If you think that's ok. Well then I hope you don't ever have yours silenced because it should not happen to anyone regardless of liberal or conservative. No matter how radical they are.

20. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I didn't initially understand how a compulsive lying, bigoted, conman, cheat, moron can have such ardent support, a man who's on record telling over 35,000 lies in his time in office, & continuously mocked/targeted the most venerable in our society, Then, after some time it hit me that I had underestimated the level of brain poison/ toxic views so many are able to either turn a blind eye to or actively support when they start believing strong propaganda, which Trump & the conservatives are masters at. It still shocks me, how many folks are willing to support a traitorous tyrant who actively attacked our democracy for months, filed bogus lawsuits that went nowhere & incited an insurrection because he's a narcissistic psychopath who always wants to get his way. Anyways I didn't want to go off on a tangent but yeah, Adam Clanton is a sourpuss. I criticized Harden pretty heavily while he was here but no doubt in my mind that he is quite possibly the greatest pure scorer we've ever had & I'm grateful for him giving 8 yrs of his prime to us, regardless of how it ended.

Air Canada and HP3 like this.