1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is no ONE talking about Nwaba ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kingsman, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Kingsman

Kingsman Member

Dude been absolutely balling for us.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

He is actually rated the highest by RAPTOR on our team haha. Look at me being positive.:p

fattz, roslolian, D-rock and 8 others like this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

nwaba had an insane +7 RAPTOR on defense alone, thats peak tony allen levels

roslolian, D-rock, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

worrell: "He just makes it happen!!"

D-rock, Ramo$e, bmelo and 7 others like this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Because you've got clowns who post repeatedly HOW IS HE STARTING HOW IS HE GETTING MINUTES every time he doesn't light it up. As if the defensive side of the ball never mattered.

No idea why that 99er kept harping on about that.

I wish we were a top tier team because him and Tate would wreak havoc in the Playoffs.

6. HookemHorns1250

People saw him starting with Tucker and immediately wrote him off. Those two are better when they aren’t in the rotation together and Silas to his credit saw it and fixed it. I’m not claiming to be a coach, because I’m not sure I would have put two and two together right away either, but perhaps some CF members know more.

Nwaba’s ability to finish and finish well is HUGE. His defense is already amazing, and for him not to be a complete liability on offense makes him a key rotation guy. Can’t wait to see this guy get better and better as the season goes on.

7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

LOL are you serious? You think this board gives a s*** about an exciting young player contributing on a fun TEAM to watch when there’s a hot new update that dropped about the Cheap Tillman vs. GOAT GM trade of Michael Jordan?

It’s truly sad that thread has 20 pages and to your point it seems like no one wants to talk BASKETBALL anymore here. I don’t know if all these ignorant people coming out of the woodworks are truly Rockets fans or were Harden fans who liked the Rockets but starting to think the latter for sure because anyone who watched that guy disgrace this team/organization and continues to argue when it’s clear HE was the problem that couldn’t be fixed. Such a ME ME ME guy that the only players who could put up with playing for that selfish loser had to be overpaid to even consider it. When you have Kobe calling you a ball hog and Cousins calling you disrespectful I think a long look in the mirror is warranted.

Anyhow, it’s amazing watching this TEAM play including Nwaba. Wall has grown on me so much, he’s been a fantastic leader so far and has this team playing hard and seemingly enjoying playing together for the first in a long time. Look at these quotes:

But hey let’s all just keep arguing...don’t want this type of POSITIVITY that loser Wall keeps spewing.

That last quote...it shows all that other stuff and his talk about wanting to be a leader isn’t just TALK. He’s been here a couple months and he already knows what to say about his teammates like Gordon, who has previously said before he doesn’t like coming off the bench and looks like the type of overly sensitive, emotional guy that needs positive support like this to hopefully bring back the Gordon that doesn’t shoot the ball looking like he’s thinking “I better let it fly now or not seeing this s*** back any time soon unless there’s 3 seconds left and Harden needs an outlet after dribbling the air out of the ball.”

Wanting to make your teammates feel important and spending time with teammates when they aren’t super stars or rappers? What a LOSER for actually giving intelligent interviews and genuinely thanking this team/organization and not because it’s just the right thing to say. I mean what a clown actually talking like a grown adult instead saying cute outdated words like SWAAAG followed by going to make it rain at Magic City and anxiously waiting to see if Lil Baby is going to bless you with his presence (luckily we know plan B is always there...Philly ain’t too far from NY).

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Yes this board does. Chill

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

Nwaba is a freak of nature who has yet to be unleashed when I watch him play.

He's not the only one I want to see get more time on the court. Unfortunately we have a lot of those guys who deserve such a shot.

D-rock, hakeem94, vick and 3 others like this.
  10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If we had him as an extra piece in either of the CP3 seasons we're probably going all the way. Such a great role player. It's a shame we only got him now.

D-rock, B-Bob, MettaWorldPete and 3 others like this.
  11. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I have seen a lot of folks here, including me, talking about how well Nwaba been playing on both ends of the floor in the individual game threads. So I do not think that "no ONE" has been talking about Nwaba.

12. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Besides Nwaba, Stone has surprised us all though. He has scrapped underrated role players like Nwaba, Tate, Sterling, Jones and took a chance on players like Wall and Cousins (both seem to be getting their mojo back) while quickly picking up Wood in the process whos looking like a future star and also was able to secure multiple picks with Dipo on his expiring contract. That is a lot of transactions for a new guy. If healthy, this team might even make the playoffs!

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

People are. I mean some even start an entire thread on it.

14. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

He seemed to really struggle offensively early days, like Tucker without a three point shot but he has improved a lot, especially finishing inside.

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nwaba + Brown = gimmemore

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I’ve seen the meme for almost a decade, but this is the first time I’ve seen the gif. His facial expression is priceless! :D

I wish we still had Scola, even if only to sit on the bench now!

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nwaba also never seems to miss shots when he is on the fast break. any stats on that?

RudyTBag, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agree that Stone has made some nice moves as a first year GM in a tough situation with all of the changes. He seems to know when to pull the trigger as well as the art of negotiating. However, keep in mind Nwaba was a Morey parting gift for us last season. He even used part of the MLE to sign him for this season knowing that Nwaba could recover feom his injury and potentially be a rotation piece based in his defense and finishing in transition alone.

MettaWorldPete, hakeem94 and cmlmel77 like this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member