1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Beal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I definitely think we should be shooting for being the Washington Wizards of the West with Wall and Beal.

linvetb6 likes this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yep. I think the 76ers should make a run at him. He’d slot in perfectly there.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Maybe we can get an asset by helping facilitate a Beal trade.

linvetb6 likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I know that I’m in the minority, and I’m probably going to get called out for my take, but if either Beal or Lavine became available I would jump all obstacles (within reason...I’m not mental) to try to make it happen!

Going all in on a full rebuild with picks is not without risk! All the flashes of stardom in college doesn’t necessarily equate to success in the NBA. Everyone wants to be the one who drafts the next Dream, but getting a TRUE franchise player in the draft is a long shot at best, even if it’s a top lottery pick! Not fond of reuniting Beal with Wall though...that might be a distaster...o_O

Regardless I don’t see us getting either Beal/Lavine.....Tilly’s broke and wants to reuse last years beer cups at Toyota Center! :(

#44 BamBam, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Corpusfan and clos4life like this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

That would put us in the fight for the title no doubt.

6. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Rockets timing is off right now.

Why would we reunite Wall/Beal and give up so much only to be a fringe playoff team that if lucky makes it to the second round the next few years.

Just continue to build the asset pool. The Wall contract is our biggest hurdle right now. Real good player but the play will never match the contract.

Someone is gonna overpay for Beal.

If we can land a top 5 draft pick while Wood is young then we can swing for the fences on a top 10 star at that time.

Mr.Pringles and banzai like this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I was saying this in a different post when we lost harden. Beal is the 3rd best 2-guard next to harden and Klay when healthy. He probably wants to go to Florida tho - just like everyone else. If you ain’t in LA you’re in Miami... You prolly ain’t going back to John Wall’s team in Htine.

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I don’t even know why we tryina win games right now! We need Detroit’s 4th pick! We had a 52% chance of getting it. Are we better than I think we are?

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

Not comparing game... we don't need another 35 ppg scorer to take over this team

10. TimDuncanDonaut

As far as getting him, the key would be Wall recruiting. Could be a possible scenario as Dipo may be gone after this year.

Tax free and throw in some free iPads at the interview meeting.

BamBam likes this.
  11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

This is so ridiculous. 7th best differential. 0 games with top 3 players playing together. Second hardest schedule in entire league to date. Yet 2 games back of 6th seed, 2.5 back of 4th.

A contender? No. Playoff team? Absolutely. There is no chance of tanking with this team.

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

If the Rockets could find a good young player and/or a first for shipping out Tucker or Exum, I’d dig it.

linvetb6 likes this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

14. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Stone likes two way players, Beal may be a liability on defensive end.

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No way we have the resources to obtain Beal, without giving up Wood or everyone of our first rounders in 2021 and some of the Brooklyn picks. Beal has tremendous trade value. You will definitely have to outbid 76ers and Heat if he is even available. Dipo is not likely to re-sign in Washington so he will only be salary filler or in a separate trade to get a pick that Washington would covet.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Oladipo,Tucker and 2 of those Brooklyn 1st should do it? Spend that currency Stone!

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Feel bad for players on max deals? I make that same face at least twice a week at my job...lol

linvetb6 likes this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wall and Beal again? No thanks. I live in DC and that backcourt just never gell’d like that. Always felt like they were competing with each other versus the opposition.

cdxiong and linvetb6 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so you didnt predict it?
    in other words youre not very good at judging talent

:Ddont give me that hindsight bs now rationalizing it backwards

as per butler being top 15 and all that hes never done anything in his career either in playoffs or in rs , and all hes ever done to that point was a lot of early rounds exits....and was often injured and a bad teammate

lol at lakers looking like some unbeatable giant in your eyes...
    they too have some fragile players losing anyone of them would make them vulnerable anhd its an age of pandemics for god sake playing field was never that leveled...

btw I like how you put it got hot at the right time, and it was mainly the confluence of numerous breaks that fell in their favor to explain their [albeit impressive] Finals run.

Its always this way..... always.... you can never prepare 100% you make yourself decently good and wait for the right opportunity.... you make yourselves available for the luck to strike you

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's seriously weird to me that you guys want to give up all of our picks for Bradley Beal. Did you ever once consider the Wall/Beal Wizards a threat to win it all? Even from the East? Nope. So why in the hell do you think those two guys (and even after Wall has suffered terrible injuries) could get it done here in in the West?

Nope. I'd rather rebuild and hope one of those picks ends up a generational talent than watch the Wizards of the West. That would be about the saddest scenario I can think of.

RHU525, YOLO, noppeper and 1 other person like this.