1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Has the Audacity...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrox1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Probably needs a hip replacement! Typical for an old man!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, they are just retooling.....we got this....

Your PROPHET has spoken.

DD

roslolian likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO retooling, do you honestly believe this team is going anywhere no, we dont got anything.

You cant be a prophet if you are right about literally nothing bro. I dont think someone would even call you that ironically.

4. xaos

xaos Member

This team definitely has new tools

HP3 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

Yep, let's hope that Lucas can help Porter become a mature human.

DD

crenshaw likes this.
  6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

ipaman and mac_got_this like this.
  8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah that’s a good trade for both team. Eric Gordon might get pissed but he understands the situation

htownrox1 likes this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t want curuso. Don’t need him taking minutes or a roster spot from our young untouchables

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The ... a u d a c i t y

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

From the Chronicle’s Jon Feigen’s “points of the game,” the game being our win vs the Pelicans. This is from a post game interview with John Wall. I thought it worth posting, considering the criticism PJ Tucker’s gotten this season, not entirely undeserved when we compare his performance with what we’ve become accustomed to. Perhaps we should look closer. Wall apparently has the audacity to do so.

3. Wall was not asked about P.J. Tucker in a way. When he decided to talk about Tucker, anyway, he was making a larger point.

Tucker has always been the sort of player those that look beyond box scores, and especially teammates, appreciate. But in speaking of the virtues of doing the things that are often overlooked, the things that have been so important to the Rockets’ turnaround, Wall pointed to the player averaging 5.6 points in the five-game winning streak.

“P.J. might not show up in the stat sheet, man, but all the stuff he does, communicating and taking that challenge, that’s a guy you want to have on your team,” Wall said. “Some people will look, ‘why is he getting all these minutes, he’s not scoring?’ It doesn’t matter. What he does for this team we need.

“He has that veteran presence. He will take the challenge against anybody, battling in there, getting rebounds. Whether he gets five shots or zero shots, he’s still going to be that same guy. That’s what you appreciate about a guy like him.”

Wall had been asked about the improvement of the Rockets defense. It has ranked second in the nine games since the roster-changing trade, first in the five-game winning streak.

Tucker was an example of how that has happened. That he had five points on a night the Rockets scored 126 was irrelevant. Other guys will put up larger box score numbers. The Rockets have been winning lately because of many other things, including contributions that too often go unnoticed.

houstonchronicle.com

Easy likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Yep, he is another Shane Battier a glue guy - I am fine if he wants a glue guy contract - MLE ish....for a couple of years......but nothing more than that.....

I suspect he will be traded to a contender - but - we really need a TALLER PF.

DD

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hopefully he’s traded and we can improve that spot in the offseason

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

His pt props are probably 1.5

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I have a hard time believing that a NBA player is content with playing starters minutes and having multiple games of 0 points... I mean damn, have you no pride?

pr0wler likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

PJ doesn’t give a damn about this team or this season...once he’s with a contender or a team that is at least good, he’ll be more valuable

PJ was already pissed heading into the season, and with this garbage team that gets blown out every night no matter how good or bad the opponent is, he truly gives no fcks

PJ is only showing up so he doesn’t get fined, and that’s all he’s gonna give this team

his heart is not in it...I remember him mentioning that the only guy that’s left is EG, and EG never talks

#439 Reeko, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Hank McDowell, HP3 and DaDakota like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Cant wait till PJ gets out of this dump. The whole team is trash and you look at PJ. That's fine man. You people never deserved in the first place.

Its just business bros.