1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you miss Harden yet??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 25, 2021.

1. smp

smp Member

I agree. Harden is not a leader. He is a player. Someone else needs to lead so Harden can score and then party after the game. Every champion must have a leader like LeBron, Kobe, MJ, Duncan, Dream, KD, Dirk, etc.

That is not who Harden is.

macho87 likes this.
  2. corrado

corrado Member

I both miss him and I am glad he is gone. I miss him cause he was my favorite player for a long time. It was great watching him ascend to the superstardom. Its been sooo long since we had a player like that. And I am glad he is gone as last year made it clear we are not gonna win a chip in this era. So it was time to tear it up and get some assets to make a rebuild less painful.

And since he is gone, can we finally move on from hating on him. You want to know how good he is? Go check out PER of the guys he took to the second round of the playoffs last year (league avarage is 15):
    Westbrick 12.43 (for all his triple-doubles)
    Covington 6.47
    PJ 7.65
    D. House 6.77

I think this numbers are enough to know why he wanted to leave and hard to blame him. Hopefully he gets his ring or two real quick, we rebuild on the flight and he comes back to win one for us like Lebron, while guaranteeing those Nets pick are real good ;)

#162 corrado, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Y'all got short memory like Charles Barkley.

James Harden was SCARY. And he will be. It's just a matter of him getting back into shape, which he will.

ksny15, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  4. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

No, next question.

tinman and hakeem94 like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

No, the writing was on the wall.....Glad it's done with.

6. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No banners up in Toyota center
    No miss

T for 3 and legacygt777 like this.
  9. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I actually miss a healthy CP3. He brought fire and involved the team.

dreamshakin, macho87 and kjayp like this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That's good to hear. I miss guys like Aaron Brooks and Battier wearing red blazers, and those teams that genuinely enjoyed hanging out together. Harden made it seem like he was a celebrity and almost too good to associate with the rest of his teammates aside from PJ/Westbrook. Have not seen many group airplane pics over the last few years. This could be key in getting Kevin Porter Jr. to the next level.

chadyang, dreamshakin and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tell that to Russ. :D

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon now you blame harden for the sins of scott foster and adam silver?!

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I've never wanted to kill someone with my bare hands like I did watching Foster in this series.

And I was at all the games at Oracle Arena, front and center.

dreamshakin and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Rocket_Man_2.0

This team sucks without Harden...maybe we should've gone all in those years we were contending and TILLMAN decided to duck the luxury tax! One solid player could've been the difference! Tillman:We just need to get under luxury tax this year then i'll spend next year!! Liar!
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/1...ccident-reportedly-approves-paying-next-year/

Houston made more moves to escape the luxury tax entirely. Those trades cost the Rockets a first-rounder, two second-rounders, a couple second-round pick swaps, James Ennis and De'Anthony Melton. Houston could have used Ennis, who had a nice postseason for the 76ers. All those picks and Melton could have been used to acquire a far better player than Iman Shumpert if trimming costs weren’t the priority.

#174 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    HP3 and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doesnt suck but they are not championship contenders.

HP3 likes this.
  16. Rocket_Man_2.0

That sucks even more...not good enough to contend...not bad enough to get a high lottery pick...But at least Rockets are playing team basketball again! At least rockets a fun to watch again?!...Back to missing the playoffs by 1-2 games again! Contending for a championship was fun to me! The Lowery Scola era was dreck!

#176 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    HP3 and D-rock like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is a big loss, but honestly, I expected things to go south from top to bottom when the Rockets trade CP3 for WB in the first place.

I am actually pleasantly surprised that the team is actually worth watching.

Harden's talents aren't replaceable. But his attitude is forgettable.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not Harden himself. The Harden / Morey / MDA non-conventional approach all together. Though Rockets are doing similar'ish things this year, can still tell its a culture change. One that Harden wouldnt fit into really. Like, the Warriors are struggling now, but the foundation is still in place. If they replaced the ownership, the gm, the coach, the players, I'd think Curry or any star would think of leaving.

D-rock likes this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

John Wall is twice the leader Harden ever was and I am still a huge Harden fan and will root for him in the finals

Trading Harden will be the best thing for this team & I hope we keep Wall for the remainder of his contract to help develop guys like Mason Jones and other young guys we will be drafting

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's not like they can do much else according to safety protocol. Who are they supposed to hangout with?

D-rock likes this.