1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook is the Dumbest Player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Sep 10, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Steve Francis part 2 - athleticism is dying, so is his game
    DD

YallMean likes this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wes is actually quite intelligent judging from his interviews here. I read that he didn’t play basketball all that well until high school and blossomed at UCLA largely due to his athleticism. I don’t think he has developed good basket ball skills especially as a PG. Once a lot of his physical attributes declined, his less of a baskball player showed.

No Worries and Jayzers_100 like this.
  3. DaDakota

4. HardenVolumeOne

hahaha making 40 million.. what a joke

No Worries likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

but trippa dubs doe... and rebounds!

jakedasnake and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Man, it really is amazing seeing his decline just from last season. Was he amazing last season? No. But he had some really great games, showed flashes of his athleticism, and at times won games for us that we would have otherwise lost, especially when we went small ball. Watching him today and he looked like a shell of even that player.

dc rock and jiggyfly like this.
  7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I was blown away at how good WB played for about 9 weeks in a row. He was outplaying an MVP candidate averaging like 36ppg at the time. Look at those 2 months. The problem is James slumped almost the whole time. I had hope that they would once get on the same page, but that never happened.

I know he needed to do it for a whole season and it didn't translate to winning, but a strong argument could be made that with no COVID, that was WB best season of his career. His efficiency and shot selection were MVP-esque. I also want to make it clear, I'm not a WB fan at all. I only was for about 9 weeks last year.

The problem is, he was hot trash in playoffs. Flashbacks of Luther Head bad. People get remembered a lot more for their last impression over their first.

slothy420, burlesk, BallaDoc and 4 others like this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol remember when dumbass Tilman thought CP had “the worst” contact in the league. Then proceeded to actually trade for the worst contract in the league in Westbrook and then followed that up by trading for the 2nd worst contract in the league in Wall.

burlesk and MettaWorldPete like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

He never was the same past his prebuble injury. I thought he will recover his health and be still good but he is even worse now than in playoffs

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just another year for westbrick

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Fortunately for us, there's always an organization stupider.

It was very predictable how his game would age if he lost even a little bit of explosiveness. He hasn't even been good with his explosion still intact the last few years.

He's an anchor, and his attitude will prevent him from ever accepting a role that he may be able to help in.

slothy420, DaDakota and clutchdabear like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wall is not the 2nd worst contract in the NBA.

At worst he is an average starter on a contending team.

Blake Griffin is the worst.

Westbrook.

K Love.

Tobias Harris.

Al Horford.

Those are all worse contracts and I could probably do more.

13. DaDakota

Predictable as hades.....been saying it for a couple of years that he was in decline......

He never developed the fundamentals.....he always relied on being a FREAK athlete - now that he is just like everyone else....he is a team killer.

I am a FAN of his off the court, think he is a great dude, but on the court......man, he stinks.

DD

Sanctity likes this.
  14. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

I wonder what westbrook would look like as a quaterback.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He probably has some kind of intelligence but it has nothing to do with basketball IQ

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No way. The guy is getting paid 40 million a year that’s insane. Major leg injuries and he’s nothing more than an average player. That contract is nothing but awful.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will never understand why any team would want him, past or present. Can’t believe the rockets fell for it but thank goodness the wizards still did

slothy420 and napalm06 like this.
  18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He was a 1/3 way decent during that stretch right around this time last season when Harden was hobbling.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

His problem is he shoots too much and he isn't a particularly good shooter. He refuses to acknowledge this or change his game.

I would say Most Stubborn Player describes him better than Dumbest Player.

Patience and Sanctity like this.
  20. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

So with the Wall trade you are complaining about a trade you seem acknowledge the Rockets won?

Also, most people who cover and are involved with basketball thought CP3's deal was worse than Westbrook's at the time due to CP3's age and how much his production fell off in just one year. I didn't totally buy it, but that wasn't some unique opinion at all so hard to call it "dumb". What was inexplicable was thinking the difference between the two deals justified two picks and two swaps.

Zen Tabak likes this.