1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] NYC Mayoral Primary thread, was: Andrew Yang Announces Candidacy for NYC Mayor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

full transcript at

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcript...candidacy-for-nyc-mayor-transcript-january-14

excerpt:

Andrew Yang: (00:26)
    New York City is the greatest city in the world. And ordinarily when someone says something like that, it’s a political talking point. But in this case, it is a fact, am I right? And it is this great city that I’ve had the privilege of calling home for the last 25 years. I arrived here, I was just showing someone the building that I lived in when I first moved into the city in 1996, fresh out of college on 118th and Amsterdam. Not that far from where we are right now. And I remember when I moved here, I felt like I was joining the center of the world. My life’s defining moments all happened right here.

Andrew Yang: (01:09)
    I got to go crazy in the Garden for Larry Johnson’s four point play, I walked north away from the towers on 9/11, like so many of us, my two amazing sons were born at St Luke’s, but that was a little bit after I had my first date with Evelyn, which was at Amy’s Bread on 9th Avenue. You ordinarily have to have that first date before you end up a parent. Well the kids were born a few blocks North at St. Luke’s Roosevelt hospital. One of them during Hurricane Sandy. You all remember Hurricane Sandy, there were refugees from other hospitals that night because other hospitals were losing power while St Luke’s stayed open. I worked with friends and colleagues for years to create startups right here in New York. I was fortunate enough to build and lead one of the top education companies in the country. That is the kind of thing that New York City makes possible.

Andrew Yang: (02:06)
    I founded the nonprofit Venture for America, which sought to help other communities achieve some of the economic dynamism that New York has enjoyed these past years. And most recently I launched a presidential campaign that not too many people were calling for before it happened, but turned into a movement with millions of Americans rallying around universal basic income and a new economy that works for us, the people. That campaign too was made possible by the support I received right here in New York. So it is here in New York City that my passion for uplifting people, for wanting to move our country forward got started. And now that we are facing this historic crisis, I am aiming to unleash and channel that energy for a human centered economy right here in New York, my home.
    more at the link

2. Nook

Nook Member

Andrew Yang is an awesome American. We as a country need more people like him and need to encourage his type of creativity and individualism as it is the future of the USA and the world.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

mikol13, mdrowe00, Ziggy and 2 others like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

"Maybe we can even save the Knicks" LOL

Duncan McDonuts and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a good move for him. It would be good for him to get more experience in elected office and position himself for a future run for higher offices.

Also it would be good for NYC to move on from DiBlasio.

6. myco

myco Contributing Member

Always generally liked him. At the very least, he brings a different perspective especially as it relates to technology. Does anyone have a sense of what his chances are?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

For some reason I assumed he lived in San Fran.

BigM and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Anecdotal, but most of my many friends who live and vote in NYC think highly of him and do not like the current mayor.
    I don't know or understand that city's political climate though.

myco likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He scares me with his radical ideas. He's too out of the ordinary and extreme.

10. KingCheetah

His book is a trap for normal people.

Nook, mdrowe00, Ziggy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. dmoneybangbang

Nice. As I said multiple times, Yang needs to run for something he can actually win and implement his ideas on a meaningful scale. The presidential run was good promotion for himself, now its time to see what he can actually do.

ryan_98 and FrontRunner like this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Today, I am a former fan of Andrew Yang. Nobody has time for LOFs. @tinman @Zboy

jiggyfly, B-Bob, rockbox and 4 others like this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He's got my vote.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andrew Yang is actually good at his job, so don't compare him to a dude who keeps changing his employer cause Jesus won't help his jump shot.

ElPigto likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

17. KingCheetah

INCOMING MELTDOWN

ElPigto likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

19. tinman

Supporting Member

He's just saying that or his twitter will be bombarded by LOF hatred

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Knicks fans are just as dumb as the Knicks organization when it comes to basketball.

When we get mad that our all star league mvp leaves while their G league star leaves, there's not really anything you can say to make a Knicks fan seem important