1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, I love this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s interesting. They seem to gel more last couple games. I think it’s a combination of a team that has not yet found its identity and seems like every man is out there for himself at times so eager to score a bucket or anxious to make a play. Rockets seem discombobulated with Wood starting. As much as other players not finding their identity, I don’t believe Wood has found his identity as a player. He’s out there scoring and he knows he can but he hasn’t honed his skills it seems and not really playing a complete game that includes the mental side to it. At the same time players like Tate and Nwaba are trying to create what’s not there sometimes taking the ball out of the hands of their best players (Vic, wood, wall). Just a lot of disorganization. But they seemed to have more of an identity and understand their roles last couple games. who knows what they’ll be next game. Lol

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The joke is that you think this team is anywhere near Miami.

They have a great young center that impacts all facets of the game, Woods is good but he is only a scoring threat.

They have Butler who is a true 2 way player and is able to impose his will on a game, we have nobody like that.

They have Dragic who is a better guard than anybody we have, that is due to injury but he is still better.

They have Robinson and Hero who are better shooters and players than any of our role guys.

They have a great rookie in precious and a guy in Nun who would start for us coming off the bench.

They also have a true system and a great coach which the jury is out on both in Houston.

Wall is the only guy who would start for Miami and that's debatable.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You were not the only one to defend Stone and its much to0 early to be patting yourself on the back.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL a lot, like A LOT of backward post defacto rationalizations you got there
    hindisight is 20/20

show me your post from last year or anyone elses in the world for that matter predicting their last years run

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Even with Miami in the finals they didn't have a chance at winning it all. There were at least 5 teams in the west better than Miami. The only chance they had was Lebron and Davis getting injured in the finals. There was no drama, and hence I didn't even need to watch 1 game of the finals to tell you who or what was gonna happen. They were such huge underdogs did it even count that they made it?

They might have lost in the first round in the West. That's how bad the east was last year.

sammy likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What the hell are you talking about?

Non of what I wrote there is hindsight and it does not matter what people were predicting we still don't have those players that system or that coach.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I personally wasn't surprised they made it out the East. It was either gonna be Miami, Milwaukee or Boston. But I didn't think anyone in the east had a realistic shot at winning the title. So it doesn't matter who made it out.

If the Rockets were in the East last year, they had a great shot at the finals but the end result woulda been the same. Still coudn't beat the lakers.

8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

NO....NO....NO!!!!!!!!!!

LETS COMPARE:
    Walls is better than Herro

Oladipo is better than Duncan Robinson

Butler is better than House

PJ is better than Olynyk

Bam is better than Woods

Our bench is better than Miami's bench

Also, EG is better than Dragic

We are a better team, thats why they want PJ and Oladipo because our players are better.

We just need John Collins from the ATL

Trade:
    ATL recieve 2022 Bucks 1 round pick, House and Nwaba
    H-town recieve Collins

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok? :rolleyes:

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

FIFY.

HP3 likes this.
  11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

We're 3 games out of the 4 spot, and although I dont think we'd get that high and would never catch top 3, we have a lot of season left. I get the feeling our top (with this start) is 6-7 seed, and hopefully we can keep some players on the floor from here on out to keep it fun. I definitely don't think we suck, and I don't see tanking happening. I wish we could've started the season with this squad, and I have no doubt that we'd be 9-6 instead right now if so.

groovemachine likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Hey look, I've found a fan that is not a pathetic proponent of tanking!
    [​IMG]

groovemachine likes this.
  13. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

It was good being really good for that long, and having a chance to win it all, but I found myself not enjoying watching that style of play.

Win or lose, I have been enjoying this team ball movement concept. I also love the 9-10 man rotation. Refreshing

bro2044, hakeem94 and groovemachine like this.
  14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

How is Bam better than Wood? Wood has averaged more points and rebounds and their defensive ratings are similar.

I like the potential of Tyler Herro, but what, exactly, has he done this year? If anything, he's disappointed me.

In generally, I do like the Heat and think they are a comparable team.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'm taking Herro/Bam over Gordon/Wood any day of the week.

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Thanks for your in-depth analysis. Truly awe inspiring.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

does this includes weekends?

because this weekend Gordon and wood have won and herro and bam have lost both of their respective games....

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SAVAGE
    [​IMG]

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Somethings are just obvious. Bam was leading a team that made the Finals in rebounds, Blocks & assists. Herro is a rising player who's a baby and still learning while averaging 17/6/4 in his 2nd year.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep. If they offered, I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.