1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To all the Morey loves who keep crying about “cheap Tillman” and the Harden deal..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Stros, Jan 24, 2021.

?

After watching Oladipo & this team since the trade, do you still think Tillman/Stone suck?

1. Yes, I truly believe the trade was bad and the team has a dark future

6.3%
  2. Yes, I hate “cheap Tillman”

44.1%
  3. Yes, because I can’t stop dreaming about Morey’s sexy beard

3.1%
  4. No, I still hate “cheap Tillman” but my personal bias again him led my astray

3.9%
  5. I’m one of the few who have been excited by the change in mgmt and this team’s future

28.3%
  6. No, Oladipo is a lot better than I thought & wrong about the trade but I don't whine

0.8%
  7. I’m one of the few who have been excited by the change in mgmt and the team’s future!

13.4%
  1. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

But one has an exclamation point and one does not. I'm not quite at the exclamation point level myself, yet, so I appreciate that nuance. :cool:

HP3, Verbal Christ and napalm06 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

This thread is stupid.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I've said many times, I am not a fan of Tilman because he's businesses are questionable and he is involving his family into the management of the team, but I still think that a lot of the trash talk about him being cheap etc is dumb and annoying. I think Murray was overrated, we needed fresh blood and getting a new GM from inside the org was a good move.

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

The amount of thought gone into the poll options... One would think one already asked the right question.

HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah you are ignoring it and even called it false.

It also would not have happened without Tillman he pushed it over the edge and was the reason we gave up so much.

HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  6. derp

derp Member

So many options on this poll say the same thing, but none are what the right choice should be. 'Yes. Tillman is cheap and ruined a great team, but Stone has really impressed me.'

7. dje243

dje243 Member

Tillman sucks. Stone doesn't. That simple.

clos4life, groovemachine and futilman like this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont think it was so much Morey being overrated as it was the team building around Harden. Simply put, I'd rather Morey over Harden. Yes, Harden puts up great numbers, but he is not a leader.

LosPollosHermanos and Amel like this.
  9. futilman

futilman Member

OP is clearly a Fertitta or hired by them. Stopped reading when he said $2b (which was also financed by a loan using a currently flailing business as collateral) was an overpay. Clearly dumb as sh*t.

clos4life, bobloblaw and Nook like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My choice:
    I love the Rockets; Stone look okay (insert Scola's pic); Tilman sucks; I hope the Sixers and the Nets (especially the Nets) suck for the next 6 years; I hate the Lakers.

clos4life, Nook and ThaButcher like this.
  11. mightybosstone

I don't hate Stone at all. He's made the best of a bad situation, and aside from the Harden trade (where it would have been impossible to get equal value), every signing or trade he's made has been a positive in terms of value. The Wood and Tate signings were stellar. Loved the Silas hire and liked the assistant coaching decisions. Liked the shrewd KPJ deal. Loved the decision to acquire and take chances on undrafted guys like Jones and Thomas.

But I still hate Tilman, and I'm not sure that's ever going to change. The team could completely rebuild and win a title in the next decade, and I'll still hate Tilman. Dude was instrumental in completely imploding arguably the most talented Rockets team maybe in franchise history and running out the second greatest Rocket of all time. I just do not like that man.

derp, clos4life and MettaWorldPete like this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This has to be the longest post I’ve not read.

slothy420, clos4life, Nook and 2 others like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

"See, this is the kind of fanbase were dealing with here, they're very savvy with using their brain resources, or should I say cheap?"
    [​IMG]

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

turn out Wall contract is worse than Westbrook and CP3

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not worse than Westbrook, he is washed.

If Wall misses more than 20 games we can talk. when he is on the court he is the best IMO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You are agreeing with me here. They share the responsibility. I’m not ignoring anything, and I didn’t call anything “false”.

One thing is for sure though, if Harden wouldn’t have asked for the deal, it wouldn’t have happened. HOF’s gloss over this time and time again.

Easy likes this.
  18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This braindead fanbase is hopeless

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

My guess is that OP is probably cheap man fertitis
    o_O
    Hi cheapman when are you selling the team?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Congrats on liking the team bro.

#80 Invisible Fan, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021