1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie looks done!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 18, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey you guys act like I would be upset that he is playing well, 100% opposite is the truth.

DD

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Just like I called it.

ElDobleK, RCPM, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’m with DD, he looked done as mf.

a hell of a pump fake by Cousins

HP3 likes this.
  4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

we can move wood into power forward now

Crashlanded19 and MadRox like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

DD coming through for us!

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D:D:D

saleem likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Boogie turns back the clock!

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

Does this mean we can trade Wood for draft pics now?

11. OpportunityCost

Obviously Cousins reads Clutchfans, saw this thread and it spurred him into action to do a complete 180, it was his wake-up call.

pr0wler likes this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Boogie looked good before he got ejected last game against the Mavs, too. Tonight was nice, but I'm not about to get excited until he strings at least 3-4 good games together. Everybody has their matchups.

... Not to mention that Boogie's stats for his career seem to be even emptier than Westbrick's. Even his best years never amounted to wins.

13. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

He saw Willy Cauley Stein again and decides to make it personal

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Somewhat off topic, but did Boogie get his ring when we played the Lakers, or did he choose not to accept it? He didn't really get the championship experience, I feel like no one on this team has a ring or the experience actually winning? I am seeing a lot of random young guys, maybe one will turn into something, but I think there needs to be at a minimum guys like Boogie/PJ etc on this team, at least one needs to stay that can keep guys on the right path, and everyone seems to be wanting to get rid of all of these guys. Maybe get someone who has played in this era like VC on your coaching staff.

#174 BallSoHarden, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Boogies rebounding numbers have been way above normal this season. Also, his game was never about athleticism, so his injuries I don't think are affecting him that much. He lost a lot of weight and that can really mess up someone's muscle memory and timing. Combine that without playing for 2 years and I think Boogie's rhythm is his biggest hurdle.

Boogie had to sacrifice his biggest strength to stay on the court, his size. Gone are the days and he can absolutely bully people. Boogie's confidence is extremely low because he is playing scared of getting re-injured. Last night was obvious when he attacked the bucket hard, but as soon as it was time to finish he did some weird reverse, contact avoiding move that you would expect to see from someone 5"9.

Of course he is going to look good when his 3's drop at at 2x rate of normal. I am still not a fan of him taking more 3's than 2's. That is not what you want from your best rebounder. Every night Boogie knocks down 4 3's on 50% is fools gold, because there will be 3 or 4 other nights to match that where he misses all but one or two. I don't want this team to live or die on a 30% 3 point shooter.

I was equally down on Boogie before tonight, but I did study his career rebounding numbers last night and was pleasantly surprised how he has been able to significantly increase them this season. Also, Boogie used to get a lot of offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points for himself, which he isn't really getting this season.

We don't need Boogie to be his near MVP self, or what he played like tonight. It won't work. He needs to play the Clint Capela roll. Set screens, rebound and finish on rolls. If he can do that, this team can be a playoff team. He has the ability, but will his EGO allow it.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Boogie only had one helpless foray to the hoop that I can remember tonight. Predominantly stayed outside.

Let's try to do that every game Boogie.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5 pts vs Detroit
    28 pts vs Dallas

Sums up the season so far but at least the rebounding is there.

saleem likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm sure you originally meant he was done, as in, done with rehab and ready to get in game shape to contribute.

That's the way I read it...right?

KingCheetah likes this.
  19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

This is a typical early'ish over-reaction thread that we commonly see on CF. The threads are "I've grown to hate X Player" and "X Player is Washed up or DONE" type stuff. Almost always knee jerk reactions that are proven wrong one way or another.

In the case of Tucker I think those evaluations are fair - his on-off has declined significantly since 2017 when he peaked at +5.9, than the previous two season's where he is in the no effect zone with this year he's at a whopping -19.5 even counting last nights game. He is much better than this years performance but still below the league average across the board at this point.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's been a decent sample size to conclude that Boogie looks like crap.

Just like you think it was an early opinion or overreaction, people are now doing the exact same thing after a good game from Cousins.