1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins.........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Jan 23, 2021.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Boggy with a Boogie performance..........

coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well Worrel and Bullard may be right and he is getting better as he gets more in shape by playing after 2 years off. This doesn't mean he will return to All Star Status, but he may very welll be a valuable role player for us-- an absolute bargain.

3. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

How can you not root for this guy to succeed...

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If that turns out to be true, he can become a useful trade asset along with PJ, EG.

5. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If only Boogie could play like this every night..

harold bingo likes this.
  7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed and no one should be upset if we keep Boogie the whole season to help coach the young guys. He is not the perfect role model due to body language on the court but he does believe in team ball and what coach is preaching. He also knows a thing or two about rebounding and toughness. Would be fine if we get a good return for him at the deadline but also would be fine if we just hang onto him for the rest of the season. The fact that he just played in a back to back playing 30 minutes should get people’s attention across the league. He will still struggle on offense some but it was good to see him finally have success around the basket using his combo of skill and size. Here’s to hoping he can build his confidence back up with this performance.

RustyHarden, Jayzers_100 and saleem like this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Why would we apologize?

He's very capable of having a good game every now and again. The problem is his attitude and fitness. You know damn well he's going to get ejected from quite a few games. I doubt he'll play well enough on a consistent basis. I also have no doubt he'll miss a lot of games due to injury. Gordon and Wall will also miss a lot of games due to injury.

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think Boogie and Wall are both still trying to get their sea legs after having been out of the game for so long. Boogie's presence and enforcer attitude is great for this team, but if he can conjure up some of his old magic that gives us a nice compliment to Wood's game.

hakeem94, Plowman and jim1961 like this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was dead set against Boogie coming here. While I've always respected his ability/talent, the guy has been one of my least favorite players in the history of the league. My issues were twofold...I figured he would be out much of the season or cut due to injury. Also, I didn't want his trademark attitude anywhere near our team.
    Now, I have to admit his professionalism, loyalty, and, yes..his attitude have impressed me. The way he stood up during the last days of disco. Seeing him instructing young players where they need to be and such. And, It takes a lot to come back from all those injuries. Cousins gave up a massive payday, trying to piggyback on GS to a title. I frowned on this at the time. But, the subsequent injury put the kabosh on a massive contract. While it was the wrong decision as far as I'm concerned, it takes A LOT to sack up/ ante up again after all that. His drive to make it back is impressive.
    The last game against Dallas blindsided me. The whole stat line. Points, rebounds, and assists, but the MINUTES. While he did it against a less than stellar front line lacking size..Dude was playing back to back games..the # of minutes..Color me impressed. Nobody knows if he can stay healthy, but his game is undeniably coming back. As to what his future is, who knows..pumped up trade value for the deadline..or staying here.
    But, I have to admit..Boogie (not Booger as I referred to him when we grabbed him) is winning me over. Maybe a classic case of the guy you love to hate unless he's on your team. We don't know what will happen with our Rockets this year..Whatever happens, I'm glad he's part of it.

#30 Plowman, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Boogies P.E.R. went from 9 something to 13 something in one game :)

Deckard, Plowman and saleem like this.
  12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

To think, this statline used to be his season AVERAGE just a few seasons ago. 27 pts 5 asts double digit boards used to be a given. He wasnt likeable, but he certainly was a talented box score filler.

He doesnt even need to do half those points now. If he gives a healthy punch of strong boards, outside threat & leadership in 18-25 mins, he's certainly playable and well worth the cost

hakeem94 and Plowman like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I wish them the best and hope they do well, but they are both fools gold. We are re-building whether the fans like it or not. No Harden, no chance until Lebron goes away.

14. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Sura giving him the freeze out.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly that all i want to see. Don't have to be a allstar but be above average center that versatile. Seriously there is a chance he really starts bully Ballin again.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I feel you thought the same about Butler last year, no?

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gordon had 33 last night too lol

18. HP3

HP3 Member

I know, I believe Gordon will be great all season. Demarcus on the other hand.....people should be cautious about.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I saw Boogie being used in the post where he either scored, got fouled or made a great pass.

Keep feeding him in the post please.

htownrox1 likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

IMO his best chemistry pairing so far is Gordon.