1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bravo. Laughed my ass off.

B-Bob and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's like finding that rare toy, like when Elmo was popular. I got one. I'm not the neediest, but I technically qualify, but they didn't even ask. You got to find where they're selling those Elmos and get in line. Also, I don't remember anything different from other vaccines, but I'm also a b**** who can't look at needles.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

WE HAVE A DEDICATED THREAD FOR BIDEN TWEETS GENIUS.

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree! The blood is on his hands.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I think it's at the point that all bars/clubs should be closed, regardless of whether they serve food. The pandemic is raging and these Covid spreadfests aren't essential.

There are 59,052 Bars & Nightclubs businesses in the US as of 2021, out of 30,748,033 small businesses.

328,140,938 Americans don't own bars. The fact that more people have died in the past 18 days of Covid than there are bars/clubs in America says a lot. Lives Matter more than keeping spreadfest non-essential businesses open. Better late than never, but never is just criminal negligence if the damage is loss of lives.

Pringles likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I think it's BS that all Texas lawmakers are all eligible for coronavirus vaccines even if they don't meet the age requirements of 65 or older.

Two reasons:

1) Most were all aboard the Trump no mask train!

2) There are thousands over 75 and at much higher risk of contacting Covid or dying of Covid who still haven't been able to even get their first vaccine.

Why should a 34 year old Houston City Council Member have priority? I was reading about one in the Chronicle today. Ridiculous.

#6047 deb4rockets, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Ok, reporting in:

Got my first vaccine shot yesterday, I'm 67, I registered on the Memorial Herman website about 3 weeks ago and they sent me an appointment invitation. I got 1:00 Saturday. They said they were going to do 600 people every Saturday. The whole process, two computer check-in's and 3 waiting rooms took about and hour and 45 minutes. I got Pfizer, didn't even feel the shot and have had no side effects, my arm isn't even sore.

Feels good man

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

1 out of every 62 Covid-19 deaths in the world are in Texas.

That's terrible, considering there are 7.8 billion people in the world. Thanks to our Trump puppet GOP leaders of Texas.

These no mask, no lockdown, no social distancing "money over people" Representatives have blood on their hands!

This is on you! You could have, should have, and still can do so much more to stop this spread and save lives!

10. Dubious

My friend works in the County office in East Texas. Her boss got Covid and didn't tell anybody, he's a MAGA redneck and never wore a mask. He did not require the office workers to where a mask even though they worked with the public every day. My friend wore her mask at all times and still got Covid, luckily her case was no worse than the flu. Her friend that did not wear a mask, though she begged him to, got Covid and died.

Masks are not political they are common sense... but it is East Texas

B-Bob and Pringles like this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe the one positive out of this is.... followers of GOPers (you know, this virus isn't a big deal) think humm, they are getting vaccinated so I should too. Help society toward the end with lower spread, less hospitalization, and a faster return to norm.

Dubious likes this.
  12. Dubious

I bet the GOP's will go on the down low about their vaccine, they will never mention it.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Criminal negligence! That's what it is with these no maskers and those exposing others when infected.

AleksandarN and Dubious like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

They don't deserve priority. They made it clear that lives don't matter long ago. They should be LAST on the list.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks for sharing that. So you spent nearly two hours indoors at a medical facility to get one simple shot -- am I reading that right? If so, that's kind of not a good statement for the system.

Glad you got one. Still can't get one for my 80+ yr old parents in central TX, though they're on two waiting lists.

arkoe and deb4rockets like this.
  16. Dubious

I think it was actually well planned and coordinated by the Hospital System, I commend them. They had a web based sign up system that sent me back an appointment invitation, You could pick your reservation time, it took me till the third try to figure out if you pick a later time, not the first time listed, you don't get the "that appointment is taken" note. The first computer check-in in the lobby, you had to show your confirmation text and ID. They gave you a color coded wrist band that indicated the time of your appointment. At the elevators a Constable was announcing eligible times, you got in the elevator line and they sent 4 up at a time. Then you got in the registration line, 4 stations behind plexiglass that took and confirmed all your information, then you went to the a waiting room of around 40 people, they were calling about 1 person every 2 minutes. When they called your name you went to the shot room that seated about 12. There were 6 shot stations each with a nurse and a mobile computer. She asked about 10 the questions and entered the data, the took a pre-prepared shot from a box and injected me. Then you go to the exit waiting room where you have to spend 15 minutes (self-timed) to see if you're going to have an allergic reaction, then split on your won.

It was factory precision, I don't know how you could have done it faster. If anything it just indicates the enormity of the task. And, I think when production and distribution ramps up it will get more decentralized.

I don't know if it was a factor but I have a long history with Memorial Herman.
    (ironically my wife died there of Covid like symptoms, different building though)

#6056 Dubious, Jan 24, 2021
    Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree. It's such a shame people can't just get these vaccines at their doctor, by appt. and not wait 2 hrs once there. My mother 83 is still on a waiting list too.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Dubious

I think you will eventually be able to. My GP's management company sent me a sign up email. I just think the first priority shipments go to the mass events as a matter of efficiency, you can ship one large shipment to one address.

Once the production of all the necessary items gets going under Biden and the Defense Production act, and Amazon takes over the distribution and maybe the National Guard sets up 1000 drive through vaccination centers it will get moving. It's only been a week since the real effort started.

#6058 Dubious, Jan 24, 2021
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry, Dubious -- I remember that part of the story now. :(

Thanks for the extra info.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. Dubious

It's been over a year now.
    **** happens and have to live with it.