1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/23/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wall is limited right now, because he is probably still in some pain and out of gas. If he gets healthy quickly, then he is obviously going to be the starter.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My money would have been on Cousins but yeah one of them or maybe even both would suffer from the aftermath of those career ending injuries one or the other way.

Or adding a new injury.

It's a friggin time bomb but hopefully only a minor one.

saleem likes this.
  3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Another boring win for the Rockets Red Band Society. Who is Boogie Cousins? Is he the same guy who after hitting his first shot the night before missed 16 of his next 17 shots? I was not able to watch last nights game so I was just wondering. Second night of a back to back and Boogie playing like a man possessed. Don't know if we will make the playoffs. This is just one game. This type of effort along with all the draft picks we got back in the Harden trade makes me think the future for the Rockets may be a little better than I thought it would be.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Good call!

Ramo$e, saleem and D-rock like this.
  5. DLT

DLT Member

Another statement that will seem insane very soon

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Insane, how exactly?

We aren't a playoff team.

Why are we insisting on Wall taking contested 3s on a rebuilding team and taking away learning opportunities for generation next exactly?

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Because you want him to be healthy and sell him for a good price.

8. Fantasma Negro

The ol reverse jinx, your welcome lol. I didn't know Wall was going to play at I wrote that

9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

They making roughly the same salary and you would rather keep the older, streakiest, more injury prone option?

Gordon only look better because he’s familiar with the team and offense. If I had to choose between paying one of the other it would be Dipo

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lately he has been settling for almost threes only, and moving around like an aimless, lumbering giant who is afraid of getting hurt.

Last night, a few more of the threes fell, and he was making more purposeful moves to and around the basket, even following up his own misses occasionally with tip ins or rebounds. He actually got some foul calls believe it or not, so some of his points are FTs. His shot looked good for most of the night, but his inside layups were sometimes saved by the whistle because his layup attempts were a bit wild. He gets excited when he's doing well though and needs to watch his turnovers, had a moment last night with 2 in a row quick in the 2nd half, but ultimately it was his best game of the season I think. It helped that the Mavs didn't have a lot of size besides Marjonavic, so both teams had minimal big men to throw out there. Anyways, it was good to see Boogie using his body well, pump faking from 3 to drive in, etc.

11. DLT

DLT Member

Has it been proven that you arent a playoff team? They haven't even played a single game together yet. You do realize that Wall has only played in like 40 games in the last 3 ye, and just got traded right before camp, totally new teammates, totally new system, in and out do to tracing and injury, terrible chemistry with Harden who quit. He literally has played well in every regular season and pre season game without Harden until last night and he still had 8st to 1 turnover in 20min in a blowout.

I have never seen a fan base like this. You guys don't give anyone a fair chance. Dude had playoff series where he's averaged 30 & 10 and you guys want to bench him after he's only played 6 games with a different lineup every game, inconsistent minutes, playing Luka his 1st game back, and being in and out of the lineup for guys who literally will never be as good as him on their best day

RLP55 and bro2044 like this.
  12. Houston77

Supporting Member

Considering we’re a game-and-half back from the division lead, and we haven’t even fielded our starting unit yet since the Harden trade, I’d say the idea that we’re “not a playoff team” is nonsense. We may not make it, but posts like this are absurd.

bro2044 likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Hehe. Not quite absurd. Let's revisit come the end of the season when teams get into the swing of things shall we.

14. Houston77

Supporting Member

“Swing of things.” LOL. As if that logic doesn’t apply ten fold to this unit.

jakedasnake likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Let me stop you right there. You seem to hold onto some false fantasy of a 30 and 10 John Wall suiting up.

Heck, you even hold onto a fantasy that a 'healty' John Wall suits up half the games moving forward.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Hehe sorry. You're right.

So many other playoff teams are relying on guys coming off debilitating injuries.

So many other playoff teams are in the situation we're in.

So many other teams have their best player who'll miss 5 games for pulling up sore after not lacing up for 2 years. So many other teams bring back a player who can't even play back to backs.

Hehe sorry. You're right.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he has his act together on and off the court?

POTENTIALLY, down the road...we could have a starter.

The odds are still very long at this point, but that's the kind of talent he has.

D-rock, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

My god wasnt that a sweet victory or what!!

No Worries, D-rock, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we also used to do that with the Harden teams......when Luc is back to health, when someone is back to health, we win a championship.

It hasn't happened under Morey and Harden. Period.

My depression level has already hit 'Acceptance' long ago. I am shaking my head at 'Bargaining' stage.

This can go on for years.

We should definitely focus on the end result, the regular season record after 72 games. Something tangible.

The staff can figure out the developmental stages of the young players, not my job to do.

#999 daywalker02, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

IDIOT
    we play no real contenders in the next 10 games

clos4life, D-rock and Rocket River like this.