1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, I love this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, the guys on this team giving it their all. No matter what the results are for this season, I am excited for the future.

Os Trigonum, RCPM, Houstunna and 46 others like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I keep thinking while watching... so this is what it looks like...

"It" being developing young talent which Morley avoided for years chasing a championship.

3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Yep this is what an occasionally overachieving lottery team looks like.... We made it folks! We're BAAAAACK!

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I can’t tell if this post is serious or not.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Amazing what one game can do to a messageboard, possibly aided by alcohol

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Eric Gordon is defiantly Kevin Martin youngest D Cousins.

14th pick here we Come!

tycoonchip and juanm34 like this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I don't miss ISO ball.

Tomstro, T_Man, MIAGI99 and 20 others like this.
  8. vator

vator Contributing Member

People have been saying here and on the radio how fun the new look Rockets are to watch and I can name many reasons why I couldn’t disagree more. Tonight though! This was the first game since the trade that I can honestly say that I enjoyed watching.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Great thread OP. Gonna really help me bolster my ignore list.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

both of y'all drunk or what? it's obvious that i'm saying if you are a chasing a chip you don't get the chance to really develop and rely on young players. it's very rare to do both. instead you pick up guys like Joe Johnson (who was awful) and other old vets to make that push. no we're not winning a chip this year but this is fun and i had forgot what developing young talent looked like. comprende?

Stephen_A likes this.
  11. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

This is call team basketball. Ball isn’t sticky to one player. Everyone moving without the ball. I’ll this over iso plays

Stephen_A, kjayp, UTSA2step and 5 others like this.
  12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

They probably are a lottery team. Having said that, they are way more fun to watch now than they were earlier this season with Harden’s mopey pouty fat ass.

Stephen_A, kjayp, UTSA2step and 5 others like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And much cheaper too!!!!

Just think - you guys get to be happy watching a scrappy young lottery team, and Tilman gets to save money - it's a WIN-WIN!!!!

14. HP3

HP3 Member

We can still tank though, only 2 games out of last place in the West.

ApacheWarrior and juanm34 like this.
  15. mightybosstone

I still have no clue how to feel about this Rockets team, but tonight was fun. I can't recall ever seeing a player have a 180 on a back-to-back like Cousins did in the last 24 hours. And the young guys are just so much fun to watch. If they can get Oladipo, Wood and Wall to actually play at the same time with these young guys and hustle players around them, this team might actually have a playoff run in them.

But there's still a big part of me that would rather just see it fall apart and the tank to begin so they could make a push for a top pick in this draft. The next couple of weeks will be crucial in determining the fate of this core of players. But even if they do tank, I love some of the young pieces they've amassed to start the rebuild with.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"You've lost. You just don't know it yet. Take the draw and we'll share the championship!"

[​IMG]

17. DaneB

DaneB Member

I would love for Silas to get coach of the year. He is a genuinely great dude and coach! First Rockets coach since Jeff Van Grundy or Rudy T that I genuinely really like.

T_Man, Richie_Rich, kjayp and 7 others like this.
  18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Makes me wonder what this team would look like with CP3 instead of wall, and all others healthy. CP3, Oladipo, Wood, and Boogie returning to form, lol god that would be a massive X factor in the playoffs.

19. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

There’s too much talent to tank and Silas is a good coach. If Boogie is starting to find himself this team could make some noise when the kinks are worked out. Remember there was no preseason and we still haven’t seen a full team on the court for several games.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Stone will do better with 14th picks than 2/3 of the NBA GMs with loterry picks.
    The Stone Age baby!