1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 1/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the information, @J.R. I feel funny “liking” such a depressing post, but you told me something I wanted to know. ;-)

hakeem94 and BossHogg713 like this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Another chance for Boogie to breakout of this bs display of basketball he's been playing.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/01/eastern-notes-pistons-wood-durant-zeller.html
    At last season’s trade deadline, after agreeing to send Clint Capela to Atlanta, the Rockets pursued a deal for Christian Wood, offering the Pistons a pair of second-round picks and Isaiah Hartenstein in exchange for the big man, according to James L. Edwards III and Kelly Iko of The Athletic. Detroit rebuffed that offer and showed interest in re-signing Wood during the 2020 offseason.

The Pistons’ interest was reciprocated by Wood, and the team made him a contract offer, per Edwards and Iko. However, Detroit was pursuing free agents like Jerami Grant and Mason Plumlee and wasn’t in position to use cap room on Wood as well.

Without dipping into their cap space, the Pistons had the ability to use Wood’s Early Bird rights to offer him a contract that started at $10.05MM, and – according to The Athletic’s duo – they didn’t go over that amount. That meant they were outbid when the Rockets presented Wood with a three-year offer that started at $13MM+.

Here’s more on Wood, along with a couple more Eastern Conference notes:
    • With Wood set to face his old team on Friday for the first time this season, Pistonshead coach Dwane Casey said he’s proud to see the big man enjoying success in Houston, as Omari Sankofa II of The Detroit Free Press writes. “We tried to get him here, we just didn’t have enough in the bucket,” Casey said. “He’s a special kid and I think good things for him and wish him well, except for (Friday) night.”

jakedasnake and BossHogg713 like this.
  4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Wood already showing he's scared of Blake Griffin? Things to worry about guys. :)

That injury report list is depressing. lol

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jarrett Allen should have been acquired in the Harden trade. To me it's that simple. Of course Wood will get hurt... duh! Look at his size, the load he's carrying and the experience he has. Injury bound to happen.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

DEATH, TAXES, HARDEN TO CAPELA OOP
    To:
    “DEATH, TAXES, HARDEN TO BROOKLYN, OOPS”

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It is honestly surprising how poor he is playing on offense. His defense and rebounding have actually been decent IMO. It is his offense that he is struggling with so much. Even around the basket his tough is just awful. I think he is rushing everything around the basket assuming he is going to get stuffed by a much more athletic player. He needs to go back to his bag of tricks and get this kids in the air and then do them with an up and under Scola style. Even when he does the fake he wants, he still rushes the shot/layup so I expect he just needs to gain confidence in his height and his moves.

The poor 3pt shooting is somewhat understandable. He was never that great of a 3 pt shooter and I like that he is only shooting (mostly) open looks and not forcing it too much. His passing is still very good but has occasionally forced too many passes trying to do too much. The longer he remains on the court, the more he will find his rhythm. I just can't picture Boogie not being an offensive force but that may be the sad reality. I refuse to believe until he is cut or on a different team. Until then I will keep the hope alive :)

On a similar note, I wonder if Kurucs will play tonight or not? I think this is a perfect time to give him 15-20 minutes off the bench while Tucker plays the 5? We need to see if Kurucs is worth keeping around or if we should just cut him or trade him to open up a roster spot for a big. I don't think we will find anyone on the scrap heap with his potential though so might as well see if playing more will get his confidence back up.

kevtse and hakeem94 like this.
  8. sheb

sheb Member

Isn’t Allen a FA after this year ? He would probably leave and get paid somewhere. He doesn’t line up with our timeline for a rebuild. It’s better we get a pick.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Tank vs Tank

Who will prevail??????

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Beautiful analysis of Boogie!

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Thanks!:cool:

13. R=$

R=$ Member

Rockets Starting FiveExpected
    Name Position
    DeMarcus Cousins C
    P.J. Tucker PF
    Jae'Sean Tate SF
    Eric Gordon SG
    Victor Oladipo PG

14. pippsux

pippsux Member

Must win
    Must win
    Hopefully kpj plays i think he has a good upside

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

Ain't nobody scared of blake griffen:rolleyes:

He needs to bulk up, gain 15 pounds of muscle just like his ex coach Casey told him to. Too thin, too frail....scared of Blake Griffen:D

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nothing is easy right now for the Rockets. Not even open lateral passes at the top of the key. This is going to be a true battle of stoppable force vs movable object.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Blake Griffin has been awful this season.

That being said I expect him to drop 30 tonight and continue sucking the game after.

hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Man, if you told me 2 years ago that this would be a Rockets starting lineup, id ask if you were on crack.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Considering the fact that the last regime basically had no bigs at all I think he did ok adding boogie and wood. Took a flyer on Bruno. Got that kurucus guy.

jakedasnake likes this.
  20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Indeed, Kurucs has to play tonight to see what we have in him. Pistons might beat us on length alone tonight.

TimDuncanDonaut and xtruroyaltyx like this.