1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DJT Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by seemoreroyals, Jan 22, 2021.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Banging Hope Hicks like a screen door in a hurricane ... well ... that's just an idea.

Hakeemtheking and B@ffled like this.
  2. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I don't ever see myself as a victim. EVER. It's a loser's mentality.

I'm advocating that the system gets fixed. You sound like you're arguing against it or trying to say it's not broken. Let's take a hard look and the issue will resolve itself. Am I wrong?

ROXRAN likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

I appreciate him for being lazy and incompetent enough to not compromise the military and succeed in the coup.

I appreciate him for being a failure of a dictator and not someone else more savvy in his place who would know what to do better and behead american democracy in one swoop.

I appreciate him for being a blank warning shot that made big noise and not a shot from a silencer straight in the heart.

JeeberD, noppeper, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

If it means worthless autocratic pos's like trump rise to power the answer is a clear no.

5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I agree with all of what you are saying. I also would suggest that these machines be trashed. If they are scrutinized that may open up a whole can of worms if they do find issues. It will further the narrative. Just get rid of them. Texas did. And in their reasoning they listed why.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You need to elebatore on what you mean by the "system"?

The system as it is now is very efficient in mitigating and catching voter fraud. Also due to the nature of the harsh penality for voter fraud there are maybe 100 humans out of 330 million humans in the US that believe the opputuinity cost of potentially 5 years in prison is worth a fake vote. Already more than half the country is too apathatic to even cast a legal vote with millions of the mindset of "my singular vote means jack ****". And now we are expected to believe there are millions who are risking felony charges and actual prison time just to cast an additional fraudulent vote.

If you are referring to fix the "system" that allows for gerrymandering and suppression of eligible voters by doing things like removing polling stations to increase wait times, then we can be on the same page.

seemoreroyals and malakas like this.
  7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You can't even bring yourself to agree on a point that is neutral.

8. fchowd0311

We aren't going to trash machines because one crazed lunatic convinced other lunatics that the machines are compromised.

ROCKSS, seemoreroyals and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Suppressing voters is not a neutral point.

10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

See posts 48 and 49. They both sum up my thoughts on the subject.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Me too.

Not guilty.

KingCheetah and No Worries like this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

This awesome system that you just described was a **** show this last election. We're you even home? Get rid of the damn machines. Put more oversight at the voting locations....put EQUAL representation. Do the right thing. That's all I'm advocating for. And you guys wanna fight against that?!! SMH. Look, I know you're contrarian by nature.... that's fine. But when someone is saying 'Do the CORRECT thing...the moral thing' why fight it? It should be common ground. I'm generalizing it but including ALL of your concerns and ALL of mine. It's very important that we have faith that our votes mean something, It's important to you, it's important to me, it's important to the world that they see a working democracy.

13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Let's fix that too.

Fixing ALL is a neutral point. You want your concerns addressed I want everyone's concerns addressed. Pretty neutral. But you don't have to agree with me. You just look like an a-hole if you don't.

14. fchowd0311

And we are saying the "**** show" is a false perception that you were spoonfed by a narcissistic egomaniac who couldn't expect reality.

malakas and seemoreroyals like this.
  15. fchowd0311

No the neutral point would be stating that Trump claims of fraud are fake and the ramblings of a narcissistic egomaniac who can't accept reality.

#55 fchowd0311, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    malakas and seemoreroyals like this.
  16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

ok.. my point has been made. You're so damn consistent. It's a likeable quality...and I'm being serious. But I'm also ending this discussion w/ ya. -Peace......oh and Unity too. I'm trying real hard, Ringo.

17. fchowd0311

Unity can start by people not believing in the ramblings of a egomaniac narcissist who can't accept reality.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Looking Up Your Voting Record Is as Easy as Opening an App

If you're interested in looking up your voting record, there are a few ways of doing so online. Your voting record contains your voter registration information and voting history as maintained by your state, and is publicly available. Whether you want to refresh your own memory on your voting history, or see what parts of your voting information can be viewed by others online, looking up your voting record is actually a simple process.

What is the easiest way to look up my voting record?
    To look up your voting record, the most straightforward option is to use the app VoteWithMe. VoteWithMe pulls public voting information from government records and from companies that aggregate and sell voter profiles to campaigns, political parties, and other groups, creating a public national voting record file. This means that although some states would usually have stricter rules about public access to voting records, VoteWithMe makes the lookup process extremely simple.

To look up your voting record on VoteWithMe, download the app and fill in a few personal details like your full name, birth date, and state. It should immediately find your information, and take you to your personal homepage. At the bottom toolbar, you should see the "My Impact" tab. Click on it and scroll down until you see "Your Voting Record," where you can view what elections you have voted in so far, plus your party affiliation. It is important to note that who you voted for in any election is not part of your public voting record.

How do I look up my voting record through Secretary of State?
    Another option is to go directly to the source by going to your state's Department of State website or to your local election office. Unfortunately, each state has different statutes and laws related to the voting record lookup procedure, and may deny your request or require a fee. States like Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin make voting records publicly available to anyone for free, but other states have totally different procedures, requiring fees or denying requests that aren't for government or law enforcement purposes. This full list of your specific state's laws on the matter will prove helpful.

If your state provides voting records online, whether for a fee or not, you should navigate to the Voter Information Lookup or Check Voter Status page on your state's Department of State website. There, you will usually be asked for your full name and birth date. Once agreeing to the standard terms and conditions, you will be able to view what parts of your voting record have been made available to the public by your state. Voting records typically contain the voter's full name, address, date of birth, voter identification number, date of registration, and voter status (active or not). Depending on the state, the record can also include party affiliation, citizenship status, and place of birth. Your voting record can list the elections in which you participated, but it does not show who you specifically voted for.

As stated previously, some states will have an online voting record lookup, but will require a fee, and other states require you to make the trip to your local elections office, or require you to request a written copy.

No matter how you choose to look up your voting record, it is important to stay informed on your own voting information and status. That way, you can be the most empowered, informed voter you can be.
    DEVELOPING....

19. Buck Turgidson

All, every one, of your concerns were investigated, in most cases multiple times, and found to be immaterial.

Where are you getting your information?

20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Everyone of the concerns have been investigated and addressed? Is that what Apple News is telling you? I'll let you sift through these and tell me how they've been investigated and debunked: https://hereistheevidence.com/

You guys seem to be missing the point. I'm saying in the future take this variable out of the equation. It's a no brainer decision. Do we really want to re-hash this in 2022?