1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"New Study Names Houston Worst Place in Texas"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcao, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

s3ts likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch
    Another case on why non contributing members should not start threads or at least have a one year redshirt for freeloading members

TWS1986, RKREBORN, STR8Thugg and 12 others like this.
  3. MystikArkitect

Having lived in Houston my whole life I can say this: the culture here sucks. Hard. Things are getting progressively better but at a snails pace. There isn't much to do and when there is, people don't want to do it. Everyone just retreats to their bunkers in Katy.

I think I made more friends living in Austin one year than I have my entire adulthood in Houston. The New York mayor said it best when he made fun of Houston for wanting to keep the shuttle: no one will see it here. Not even Houstonians lol.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

in all my years in htine, I've never been to nasa. but i'd still prefer htine than "remember the river walk"

R0ckets03, Ubiquitin, Aware and 2 others like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong forum. Unless this was written by James Harden.

Ubiquitin and BigShasta like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Doesn't seem like it with everyone and their momma moving down here.

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I had the complete opposite experience. When I lived in Austin, I met a bunch of people who I could drink with, but no real “friends.” Houston is the real deal filled with real people. I couldn’t wait to get out of Austin and away from its self-centered populace.

gatsby, Pringles, ATXNekko and 5 others like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Seriously, Houston is not close to a sexy city for the outgoing type. But saying we're worse than San Antonio, or 95% of the state for that matter, is a joke.

TWS1986, Highlyrated, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Have to agree about the lack of culture. Had a friend visit from London and wanted to give them a Houston experience but what is that exactly?

There isn’t much historical here like the Alamo in San Antonio or what you do in say DC or Philly. Rodeo is only once a year. A true sawdust on the floor dancehall probably can’t be found near the city limits for actual country and western dancing. There’s museums, art galleries, plays and symphonies but the same you would find anywhere else. Same with sports. NASA maybe?

After living all over the US I love Houston and there is a ton to do and see but it’s cookie cutter of other major cities without its own unique must come here attraction for the cultural experience.

ryan_98, Ubiquitin and Highlyrated like this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's so terrible that they're all deciding to move here. Give me a break. These little "composite score studies" are so ridiculous...I can't believe anyone pays attention to them. It's pseudo-journalistic clickbait. The equivalent of "We ranked the most beautiful women after 40...you won't believe #7!!"

Ubiquitin, BigM, Highlyrated and 9 others like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

to be fair, sir charles agree that san antonio women and their churros are like none other.

napalm06 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clickbait

the 2020ers don't understand you 99er

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody who claims this has never spent a week in Corpus Christi or the valley. Or Laredo. Or Abilene. Or Midland/Odessa.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

They can take their study and shove it up their @ss

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. Houston77

Supporting Member

By the way, when looking at where to live, I absolutely put a ton of stock in a July 2019 study by WalletHut.

arkoe, Ubiquitin and monstamack like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm intrigued. can you tell us who #7 is?

17. MystikArkitect

Disagree hard. I was Htown ride or die for most of my life. That's changed dramatically in the last few years. The city just has an enormous inferiority complex that itself creates and does nothing about.

Houstonians hate everyone. New Yorkers, Californians, Chicago, Dallas, Austin. Its a good city to raise a family (if your idea of raising a family is moving to the suburbs and having them watch Netflix most of the day). I get why Harden left, why most people who you've heard of from here don't live here, and why Deshaun wants out. I'm so tired of all the little man syndrome Houston has. They even got mad at Whataburger for wanting to expand.

Space Ghost likes this.
  18. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Highlyrated likes this.
  19. Houston77

Supporting Member

Referring to another city as having an "inferiority complex" is exactly the kinda crap I heard constantly from self-important blowhards who lived in Austin.

arkoe, STR8Thugg and clos4life like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Disney location scouts take notice though.

Nook likes this.