1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Still sad to see this team go downhill so fast...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jan 20, 2021.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What do you expect from a team who's leader came into training camp late, fat, lazy, unmotivated and abandoned them after 4 games?

You think the locker room was going to just magically bond after that? You have a cast of complete strangers except for Mac, Tucker and Gordon out there. The system revolved around Harden early on like it or not. Our lineup changes every day because of injuries, covid and trades.

It's been 11 games. Lets chill

2. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

the offense is so trash not enough 3 point shots and corner 3s generates from this offense

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

‘Fast rebuilds’ can easily turn into generational losing. I’d be careful with that approach and give coach Silas a chance to reinstate a winning culture sooner rather than later.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The hill that some see us as falling from was an illusion to begin with. Harden wasn't going to help us in 2021. End of story.

If you mean from 2018 and the CP3 era, yea, that hill was real and it may be some time before we have a view from the top of it again.

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Easy to blame Tillman, but you know who was really calling the shots was Harden. Then leaves it in shambles. Karma is a b****. It would be a miracle if wall wood dippo and boogie al of a sudden clicked and we win it all or pull an Astros and go to the finals!

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. Tilman has always done what he wants to do no matter what anyone else says or does. That's why hes such a dumbass and in the wrong business of owning a professional sports team that involves others.

The "my basketball ops got weak" will forever haunt this team

banzai, DonKnock and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

4-9 right now..... Wood likely out the next two, could be 4-11 easily.

DonKnock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm excited about getting some nice young talent.

We need to tank like hell!

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Get the **** out of here, the owner of the team is the one that is calling the shots, he even told you he was on a national radio show.

Good luck with Wall/Wood/Dipo clicking and winning you anything.

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Misleading thread title - this team was never up.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

err, harden forced hyenaface to make 2 dozen straight trade transactions taking back less annual salary?

DonKnock, lakersuck2, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

They hopefully can win us a top 4 pick

HP3, sammy and Nook like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

We are 4-9 right now. We have the 4th worse record in the league...... this year we have beaten Sacramento, Orlando and San Antonio. We also are going to be without Wood the next two games so a really good chance we are 4-11..... not sure what else we need to prove we are a bottom feeder at this point.

We still have a decent chance at keeping our own pick.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We can't try hard, eek out a sub .400 record (but with grit! and hustle!), then assume tank mode will work when 6 other teams are also in tank mode post-trade deadline.

Has never worked that way and we'll be dropping that 5-7th pick to OKC.

entitlement >>> facts

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

hardens diva behavior and inability to play with cp set the domino in motion. WB trade and Tillman being stupid sealed our fate. Need to move in

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

as much as I'd like to win ( given the chance to give OKC our pick ) ... we just dont have the talent or the chemistry right now.

IMO our best player that is available is Jea'sean tate ... i mean . cmon

well maybe gordon , but he is out alot too.

ok now i forgot oladipo , but he might be gone in a month or so.

Wall looked very good ( at least athletically) but hes not going to be at full strength this year I think. Either rust will be there or they will limit him as a precaution ( good thing)

I really hope Tilman worked out a deal with Silver . Cavs and New Orleans lost franchise guys and were gifted with #1 . Just please get in the top 4.

If we end up with the 5th or 6th worst record we have a decent shot at getting in the top slots too ( dont necessarily have to be #1 to get #1 )

Poor Poor Steven Silas lol .

I think he can be a great coach , but covid and the superstar situation screwed him this year.

I did like the little i saw of brodric thomas too . I hope he can get off the DnP list soon , but maybe his injury was significant .

So Saith Red likes this.
  17. jayfree

jayfree Member

I hate the new draft lottery now.

Last year:
    -Cleveland had the 2nd worst record and ended up with the 5th pick
    -Atlanta had the 4th worst record and ended up with the 6th pick
    -Detroit tied for the 4th worst record and ended up with the 7th pick

Top 3 picks were:
    -Minnesota (Tied for 2nd worst)
    -Golden State (worst)
    -Charlotte (9th)
    -Chicago (7th)

So we would have to be in the top 2 worst teams to get a top 4 pick if that held true this year

In 2019:
    Phoenix, Cleveand and Chicago were the 2nd, 3rd and 4th worst teams and they ended up with the 5th, 6th and 7th picks

In this instance only the worst team hit the top 4 (Knicks with the 3rd pick)

DonKnock and Sluball3 like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol they said it was more fun to watch even if we get to sht on as long as players are playing with "heart, grit and team play."

harold bingo, Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Two of the next four opponents are Pistons and Wizards.

What if they're better at tanking than us? Wizard could also play Russ :p and foil our tanking.

[​IMG]

jayfree and HP3 like this.
  20. vick

vick Member

Wood. Wall, House all out for both games against Detroit. Detroit sucks but Cousins and Tucker will have to play center. Detroit will win both by at least 20 points. That is good for a possible bottom 4 pick. Might as well blow it up. Trade Tucker, Oladipo. and Wall if possible.

HP3 likes this.