1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 1/20/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2021.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Hot Rumor Today:

Stephen Silas might take his ass to North Shore High School. They feel his skills are HS style driven.

D-rock likes this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think the actual idea of tanking is the GM making sure your team isn’t good enough. Not the coach or players actively trying to lose.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually everyone can do what okc is doing, scout well, draft well, play defense, play hard , make smart trades...
    its called basketball and ITS FUN:)

but its much harder then 'lets just lose a lot of games for a couple of years' strategy.... LOL

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Rockets are being really stupid as an organization this year. They totally rehabilitated him by forcing him into a Morey-ball role and now they are moving away from that and reminding the world why he was almost out of the league.

But hey, at least fans get to see more mid range shots! More movement!

Morey-ball worked for a reason. It protected players from themselves.

francis 4 prez, HP3, vator and 4 others like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

didnt pay attention but if thats the case I guess you gotta let the reserves build the vertebrae and you sometimes lose because of it, but youl have these folks strong when playoffs comes around and your starter is out due to covid

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i may be repeating myself but that 1st spurs game was beautiful as per set plays, ball movement, and team play...

and again there was that palpable team energy...everyone was a threat and you didnt know where they will hit from.... i am looking forward to that...

dipo and perhaps ego made us stagnant and predictable as hell and its like watching less talented harden again do his thing

Joe Rocket likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BEAUTIFUL.. so simple and so true

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

OKC has not been at the bottom for decades too.

They are actually only 21 years old?

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well unlike you I couldnt care less about OKC's picks and Sam Presti being a wizard or not.

As far as the Rox are concerned its not worth it from a risk/reward ratio.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

CW:

CF:we should tank for Cunningham

lololol

ak99999, treyk3 and ElPigto like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol hes acting as if we dont have boatload of picks now as well
    juts learn how to draft and or hire people who do know

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Love this guy.

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

the rotations have been bad for me. like i wanna ride for silas but that is killing me. having lineups without either wood gordon or victor on the floor is just insane

riko and ElPigto like this.
  14. Victorious

Victorious Member

You have no confidence in the front office but expect them to draft correctly and manage a rebuild? Idk man i much rather trade these picks for a proven star if the opportunity comes.

Plus I rather not risk giving okc a lottery pick. Feel better giving up a mid teens- early 20 pick. Start the tank next year when we have full control

roslolian likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, never said anything about players or coaches trying to lose...although sometimes coaches are sometimes in on it.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Impressed with our fight, but we need much less Cousins, Tucker and Gordon and much more Jones and Brown. Those guys need to get more confident as well as Tate. Only newcomer Nwaba needs to tone those threes the f down!! Jones and Brown, shoot! Cousins, stop driving like an idiot. You are not that guy anymore. Gordon again was a detriment to the team, waving his hands in the air when he lost the ball and walked back behind the play. Wood is our star, but those 1-on-1 possessions needs to tone it down.

This leads me to what’s been stated: our offense does not look good, at all. I am not too concerned, but NBA players not able to make up their minds and cutting where space is to get the ball or to create space for one another is getting frustrating. Guys are just taking turns to go 1-on-1, it’s just less dribbling and one guy having the ball. Definitely hope Silas is far from content, but it seems it’s by design.

Inspirational comeback, but Wood is injured, Tucker is a zero and dealing with some pain apparently and rotation is still a work in progress with guys in and out. We soon need to commit to just letting the young guys grow and cut way down on minutes for Cousins and Gordon. Most glaring hole is a PF with size, as a team rebounding and boxing out that needs to be addressed.

17. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Wish we had kept Jarret Allen...we need a big that can rebound and defend. I just don't understand why they had to trade him. This team is a mess.

18. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Brooklyn just forfeited SEVEN years of their draft capital for just 20% title odds (per Vegas).

Having a 52% chance to keep the pick is absolutely worth it.

Dubious and HP3 like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

having the 2nd best title odds just barely behind the lakers doesn't exactly qualify as just 20% title odds

roslolian likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

tillman didnt want to pay allen this summer. He was amazing againist the nets last night