1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calm down. Sitting at .308 and pick 4!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Jan 21, 2021.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

The reason I put Brown and Nwaba in is that we only have them on 1 year deals and I think you trade while the value is up. If Hou can bring both back a on cheap contracts i am for it. Can Hou extend them now?

dje243 likes this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t get all the expectations right now. I don’t have any. This team isn’t right. It stinks. Morey, MDA, Harden era is over. There’s no point in talking about them. We should look forward to the future and see where it goes. Wherever it takes us. I believe that Stone and the management boys have a plan and handling this very intelligently stocking up assets and giving us options and flexibility to make major moves. Wood is getting better everyday on both ends. So let’s be excited for the Wood/ insert star here era.

Why does this team stink right now? Lack starting big, short wing players, poor shooters (Tate, Nwaba, Wood), not enough nba experience (Tate, jones, brown) and no chemistry. Not sure why the role players want to handle the ball or iso themselves in the post or perimeter instead of giving to wood or Vic. Strange offense.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

not Tilman’s moves. Management and operations handle that. They just offered PJ 2 year deal.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol why does everyone keep saying PJ isn’t what he once was? Based on what? The team isn’t playing the same style of offense as you have clearly seen through 13 games. The personnel is new. Harden didn’t want to play. Much of PJ’s success was in MDA’s old system. He still is a very gifted defensive player and plays hard. He is stuck in adjusting to Silas’ system which doesn’t give him those open corner 3 looks. Rockets fans shouldn’t assume and look at the game tape closely. He hasn’t done anything differently other than not get FG attempts. That’s not his fault. Everything is off pick and roll action or wood fronting someone on baseline 15-20 ft out. There’s no more iso where James dribble drives and dumps to the corner anymore.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I like it but McHale is not pro mid range, and post is not as beneficial as mid-range for chasing that elusive title.

6. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I don't watch college

Is there anyone to even be excited about?

napalm06 likes this.
  7. SRR21

SRR21 Member

You really can't see Tucker has lost his lateral speed?
    Father time is undefeated.
    How is a 36 yr old undersized PF part of the rebuild?

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I mean it's already about to be February so its a strange feeling where normally we'd be coming into the all star break. Got 3.5 months to tank still, though.

Just looked at the standings. Were really not that far off from mediocre middle of the pack with the way we've played and Wall's return and increased chemistry. I don't see the tank happening tbh. Fight for play in, miss out, pick goes to OKC. Better spent on developing guys we see as part of our future, so trade PJ, EGo, Wall+Boogie, and Dipo expiring unless he wants reasonable money to stay. Get some niec young players to look at and all your picks are belong to us

#48 Caesar, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm beginning to be resigned to not watching bball the rest of the year. Thanks Tillman!

BossHogg713 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wall isn't moveable and moving Gordon right now would cost you future assets.

Boogie has no trade value.

Caesar likes this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don't think we will be able to peddle Ego this year. Cousins is destined to be cut and Wall is untradeable for at least 2 years. Dipo and Tucker will be aggregated in a trade in February if they both stay healthy. My guess it will be for expiring and maybe one middle of the pack FRP. If you could swing the Min. pick from GSW by taking on Wiggins you do it, but I don't think GSW will do it given the top end talent in this draft.

Caesar likes this.
  12. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

We're also a game and a half back of the play-in tournament right now.

I'd rather make the playoffs, resign Dipo, and stay competitive while hoping BKN falls apart in a couple of years if that is an option.

If Charlotte or something had our pick this year if it isn't top 4 and we didn't owe picks and a swap to OKC in the future I'd be more okay with a full on tank. Gifting them something like the number 5 or 6 pick this year with all the assets they have and having three years to get out of a tank and be competitive again sucks. If we can't get out of this and trade Wood or lose him later because he wants to win that's also a blown opportunity to build around a potential all star on a below market deal.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I just want to let you know that Megamillion Jackpot now stands at 970M, you may consider this alternative as it could be more realistic than your option.

Caesar likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've also wondered this. Getting excited about picks doesnt make sense unless you know who is expected to be there.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cade Cunningham. He would be the perfect Harden replacement, but we would need to land the #1 pick.

nacho bidness and ChillyPete32 like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Reeko and ChillyPete32 like this.
  17. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Top 4 looks pretty legit with Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley, Jalen Green, and Jalen Suggs.

This draft was supposed to have a very deep top, but I think several guys have disappointed during the college season.

Maybe that helps tilt towards it not being the end of the world if we don't have lottery luck and give OKC the number 7-8 pick.

Caesar and napalm06 like this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I didn’t say anything about a rebuild. I said you PJ. Critics are exaggerating and seeing what’s not there. I don’t see anything wrong with pj other than it is in both parties best interest to move on since he’s in a lame duck situation stuck in the old regime. I feel the same way with EG. Sad but these old regime guys need to go and Silas and Stone need to search for the players they want and not Morey leftovers. I love PJ and EG but it’s best for their career.