1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calm down. Sitting at .308 and pick 4!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Jan 21, 2021.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

P.J Tucker - Acting Smug and Angry in Press Conferences. I want a New Contract in the beginning of the Season.

Tillman Ferttita - In a Smart Way just Ignored P.J, thinking he is a nobody and is replaceable.

Got rid of Capela $82 million, to Roco to Wood

Gotta give it to Tillman just one time.

2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Gotta flip Oladipo in March. Wood may miss a couple games with his ankle. People on here clamoring for a mediocre team to make the playoffs? We went through that for many years in between the end of the Yao/McGrady era all the way through the beginning of the Harden era. If we can get a top 4 pick THIS YEAR then we absolutely tank and go for it. Stone taking the Brooklyn package over the Philly package already told us exactly which direction we’re headed. I’m on board. Do you guys remember how miserable the Kevin Martin/ Aaron Brooks era was? It was fun to watch at times but we knew we weren’t even sniffing a championship. Let Stone build a team thru the draft like the Warriors did, and add pieces along the way. We finally have the draft capital to do so, especially if we end up with a top 4 pick this year.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gotta scratch Offense and drill on Defense.

We get that you can score the ball.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep. Tillman has put a GREAT PRODUCT on the floor!

napalm06 likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

In stacked draft class too. EY Presti how you like that pick protection now prick? In his worst nightmares he didn't think Harden-Westbrook would implode this quick lol

banzai likes this.
  6. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

This season is a lost season for majority of teams. They need to go for that top 4 pick now. Hate that Hardens gone but this is a great opportunity to try to immediately give the fans something to look forward to.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Dream on....all this top 4 pick insanity ends when/if House comes back!

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

......then we can start duly focusing on getting the top pick in the draft.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

At this point, PJ may be more valuable as a ping pong ball collector than as trade bait.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Start Kenyon Jr.
    Let Dipo score 30 a game.
    See what we have in Wall at some point but rest him a lot.
    Pray to lottery gods.
    Trade players but do not attach assets.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

We will be ended up being the 4th worse record in the league but the Westbrook leaded Wizard will jump from 6th position to the 3rd in the lottery draft and we will be ended up with the 5th pick overall.

LOL

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

We can do it!

Kim likes this.
  13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Question:

Would you guys rather have the top 4 worst record (I know 50/50 chance of getting a picK) or just compete and be around the 8-10th worst team in the NBA.

14. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I set for the tank.
    Trade away all below for pics or young talent asap don't wait for trade deadline. Let Silas get a jump on young guys for next year.
    Tucker
    Oladipo
    McLemore
    Exum
    Gordon
    House
    Cousins
    Nwaba
    Wall
    Brown

Only safe players are
    Wood
    Tate
    Jones convert contract asap

Wall is not tradable I know.

Wood is a 3 year deal cant waste it.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Being the 8th worst team is not competing.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  16. dje243

dje243 Member

I agree with going for the tank but I would shorten this list to Tucker, Oladipo, Gordon, and House. Can't trade Cousins. He helps with tanking. Can't trade Wall for obvious reasons, but maybe if he's able to get more shots up he'll increase his value and we'll be able to unload him to a contender with minimal assets attached. Nwaba and Brown are keepers. Nwaba is 28 but an extremely gifted defensive player who will be good for team culture. PJ at 35 isn't what he once was but is still a positive asset (he could be traded today to a contender for something valuable). Sterling Brown is still only 25. Wood, Brown, and Nwaba all have less than 175 games played. They have way more NBA tread on the tires than players of the same age who have been in NBA rotations from the moment they were drafted. Hard agree about Jones and Tate. We need them to get more shots up, and trading away some of these vets will help in their development. I think this coaching staff is perfect for player development.

I've even seen some on here (not you) advocating to trade Wood because he's 25 and we imagine that we won't be ready to compete for 5 years or so. I would remind those posters that Dirk was 32 (in the league for 12 years) when they won the chip in 2011. Dream was also 32 when he won the first chip and had been in the league for 10 years. I'm not at all saying that Wood is anything close to Dirk or Dream, but just pointing out that skilled shooting bigs (if healthy) don't have to be 28 years old to contribute in a significant way to contending teams.

SRR21 likes this.
  17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Silver is gonna throw us a bone in the draft... since he could have blocked that Harden trade.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  18. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Some ppl here want that. Realistically, this team cannot make playoffs if everyone is healthy. Do we want to fall back in the Kevin Martin era..... miss playoffs by 3-4 games?

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stone is running out of Morey's notes, he'll move all our picks for hair plugs. Good luck.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Something something blind squirrel....