1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG should never be counted on as a contending team's leading scorer but he is capable of dropping 40 on any given night.

Those assets are valuable especially for a team like the Rockets who no longer have Harden and his 35 point average last few seasons.

Wood-Oladipo need more players that are capable of exploding from time to time WHILE still playing lockdown defense.

saleem, jch1911 and fattz like this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Need to help create another monster team in east.

Oladipo (into TPE)+Tucker to Boston for Aaron Nesmith plus first round pick in 2021 and a frp swap that is top 8 protected and is also protected 16-32. This rolls over for 7 seasons. Basically conveying their next pick that falls between 9-15 range, whenever that may be.

sydmill and DrNuegebauer like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Orlando offense is so insipid that it only scored 10 points for entire 2nd quarter.

Against the lowly T-Wolves, no KAT.

Wow.

saleem likes this.
  4. sogood.

sogood. Member

Wrong.

https://fansided.com/2020/12/22/nuggets-refusing-include-michael-porter-jr-james-harden-trade/

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/12/22/nuggets-jamal-murray-james-harden-trade-rumor/

5. Boston84

Boston84 Member

respectfully pass. Don’t wanna pay oladipo a max and hope he stays healthy. Don’t wanna use the tpe and hope he stays otherwise he’s a rental. I’d be interested in tucker even tho he’s looking his age right now but I’d take a chance on him if price is right.

easy pass for me on dipo however

D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Can we please trade Tucker....

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dang!
    Bring back the other Boston dude who likes the idea of Oladipo!!

To be honest, you don't want to Ainge it too hard, Oladipo + Tucker gives you a serious supporting cast for Tatum. If it is about a championship, might be time to take a plunge.
    No need to max Oladipo, S&T him for assets if the title shot fails. If you win, keep him and flip Kemba? Or pay him and try repeat?

Boston, as is, can't win. Flawed lineup.

Boston84 likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

How about going all in for Kawhi?

George got an extension and he didn't... makes me think he's going to test free agency.... Clippers are good but out of picks... we can provide picks and a decent player to stay competitive.... If they think he's leaving it would be hard to say no to:

Oladipo
    Exum
    House
    4 #1 picks

Leaves us a lineup of:

Wall
    Gordon
    Kawhi
    Tucker
    Wood

Bench: Tate, Cousins, McLemore, Brown, Nwaba

I would only do it if you think he's going to sign long term... he could want to go to the Lakers but not sure how they could squeeze him under the cap...

9. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Can Exum, Tucker, and 2FRP land us AG?
    Magic would get cap relief and 2 first round picks or we can possibly do a three team trade to acquire AG.

Wall
    Oladipo
    Tate
    AG
    Wood

Bench:
    Eric Gordon
    Nwaba
    Brown
    House
    Cousins
    Jones
    Mac

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right now, only Oladipo has some decent trade value. Sad, but true.

11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

boston as is doesn’t need to win this year. Obviously they will try but Tatum and brown are 22&24 respectively and our championship window is them and they are both locked up long term.

why would I use the massive tpe on a rental and not try to get a guy under contract who we can have a few years? seems way more useful of an asset. The reality is oladipo has had 2 really good years (it’s more like 1.5) and been on 4 teams in 8 years- I don’t think he’s worth a max a contract and if he was I wouldn’t wanna pay it given his injury concerns.

furthermore this is a guy who screamed about loving being back home in his city, his town, how he’s mr Indiana and within 18 months is plotting an escape and actively talking about Miami (and still is). It’s coming out now part of the reason he wasn’t happy in Indy this season was bc they weren’t running the offense entirely through him even though sabonis is killing it and the team was having succes#. Why would I want that in Boston ?

boston as is is led by 2 stars they’ll be fine. Huge huge no on oladipo

mikol13, D-rock and DrNuegebauer like this.
  12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

So is that a maybe o_O;).... lmao:p

Boston84 likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/3qPzZFt3U

Another rebuild attempt. I think the only thing holding it back is Boogie can't be traded until Mar. 1st. So cut him or whatever lol...Utah goes for it, Sacremento takes on Wall/Boogie for a couple picks...it's not unpossible...

Conley - Hield - Tate - Barnes - Wood
    Jones - Brown - Nwaba - Achuiwa - Olynyk
    Kurucs - Silva - Martin Jr.
    (Clemons/Exum)

Bold- contracts beyond this season
    Underline- try to resign

Conley, Exum account for like 45m off the roster next offseason. The money and the picks, the other starting 4 being Hield, Tated, Barnes, Wood may convince a star to join up. Maybe Conley even fits into that team. Hopefully a top 4 pick joins the squad too... I don't think this is like a contending team or anything, probably not a lot of fun to play 7 games in a row but ultimately beatable. What I'm going for is a squad that is ready to house another star player. An attractive team to big time players.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Id move fast on Nunn, Precious, Iggy for Dipo. Just to much talent there. Nunn is looking good, and in due time miami wont let him go.

saleem and sydmill like this.
  15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Potential Oladipo landing spots:

Philly
    Miami
    Denver
    Atlanta
    GSW

I think most of those teams will make a run at Beal first.

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Houston not on the list lol....

Not that I disagree but that wouldn't be a promising start to getting rid of Wall and Gordon. Or Tucker for that matter. They could promise VO the sun, moon and stars and it convinces him to stay. Boy would that be a stench of desperation...

17. rockets13champs

Source?

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

no source, just best guess looking at rosters and needs.

19. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I would throw Dallas in there too.

saleem and BallaDoc like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clips are jockeying with Lakers for tops in the West.

Why would they even consider trading away their best player this season?