1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Harden was just doing his LeBron move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Jan 20, 2021.

?

Would you support his return in this proposed scenario?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2021.
  1. Yes... I'd welcome a return with that newfound experience.

63.8%
  2. Absolutely not! Eff that flopping choking quitter!

36.2%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Lebron took the cavs to the finals. Harden sucks and is no Lebron. /THREAD

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LeBron's first Finals team was not very good. The squeaked through a very weak East, and then got swept by the Spurs in the Finals.

Air Canada likes this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

The Eastern Conference sucked and was no Western Conference.... LeBron needed multiple stars to win a ship.

Patience likes this.
  4. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

Let's revisit this after we're free of tildo

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is too old to do a redemption arc. You wrote such a long post but neglected his age which is the most impt. He would be washed if he ever comes back it will be as a role player off the bench.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everyone needs multiple stars to win a ring except for Dirk and Hakeem. MJ himself needed Rodman and Pippen to get out of 2nd round.

7. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You responded and made this claim with no basis and clearly not reading my post.

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t want to go back to that. I enjoyed Harden for what he did and what he was to the franchise. Move on.

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Yeah this is true, but Hakeem isn't playing in this era.... I was talking about current players because super teams have been far more prevalent during this era... Dirk won without multiple stars, but he did have multiple HOFamers.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Even if Hardens game is predicated on skill he would be back at age 37 at the earliest unless you think he coming back after 2 yrs. It's a moot point man he done at the age he comes back.

Yeah I'd welcome him for old times sake, not as a franchise player cuz he wont be that anymore if he does come back.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Super teams have always been prevalent in the NBA Bill Russell won like 10 rings on the back of his super team despite Wilt being the best player of their era.

12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

He'd be 34 in this scenario.... Idk how you got 37.

13. Asian Sensation

Harden fans are a funny group. Always comparing his bum ass to legends like Jordan and LeBron and then they get triggered to no end when he’s compared to players more close to his level such as Westbrook and Lillard.

Rockets4Life13 and J.R. like this.
  14. sheb

sheb Member

Harden looks so bad tonight against Cleveland
    He was clearly partying too much last night

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You have a different version of what I mean and most people mean by "super team".... It's not simply great players on the same team and I said more prevalent in this era and that's true.

16. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Dont think this will happen...but wouldn't be mad if it did. I do think Harden will get rings

Air Canada likes this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Neither one of those answers fit for me. I don’t hate James. I just don’t want him back. I like not having him here but it’s not “**** James”.

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Would gladly welcome it but I guess it ultimately depends on what the team is looking like at that point. If he's coming back to actually compete for a title, I think we'd need legit #1 and 2 options ahead of him so Harden could serve as the facilitator and not have to be relied on to score as much.

Maybe he does that thing where they sign just to have their jersey retired?

Air Canada likes this.
  19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Low ball IQ Posters ^^^ are funny... They don't know **** about basketball so instead of making arguments based on substance... They make shitposts like the one you just did.... Harden's career and resume is much closer to LeBron's or KD's prior to winning a ship than it's to Dame or Westbrook... And you don't grasp this because you're a casual.

lionaire likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Russell and his crew won like 9 rings b2b they were the super team of super teams in their era and achieved more than any super team today.