1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I explained what happened in the picture so I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

You said that a playmaker must have the ball. This is a simplistic and incorrect perspective.

Nevertheless, I'm always willing to teach:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you now understand how it's possible to be a playmaker without having the ball?

The video isn't proof of anything. Just because someone conflates assists with playmaking doesn't make it reality.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Can you quote me on either of those statements? Because I disagree with both of them.

No worries if you can't. We all know reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You said he was double teamed, that's not what happened, they just did not switch the screen.

Conflates assists with playmaking LOL.

You really don't have a clue.

Bye!

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I am done, I just wanted to see how long he was gonna continue to be ignorant.

Now assist have nothing to do with playmaking.:eek:

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Draymond Green's value is always understated.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I have literally had convos with you about you saying Jimmy Butler was better than Harden and that Cp3 was better than Harden in the 2017-2018 playoffs. Your takes are horrible goodbye.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He was clearly double teamed, and this sequence happened several times throughout the game.

Yes, they aren't necessarily the same thing. The playmaker is the one who creates the defensive breakdown, and as Curry has demonstrated, he doesn't need the ball to do so.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Doubtful. I don't make blanket statements like that.

Like I said before, maybe it's your reading comprehension. We all know it's pretty bad.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean in that aspect he's correct. Curry can play make off ball. But he's also understating Draymond's passing ablility and how important it is to GS offense(which is currently still mediocre). This isnt even touching how valuable Draymond is as a defender(which is actually where GS has been shining in these games against great teams on defense).

Dude is still an ignorant poster who you shouldnt waste your time with. I check in to see his bad takes from time to time and back on ignore.

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO keep on lying. I remember you also saying Cp3 wasnt as good against the Wolves because he was "coasting" LOL.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody can playmake without the ball in his hands, playmaking is an action.

I agree that he affects the defense without the ball but that's not playmaking somebody still has to initiate the play and to actually pass the ball.

So are we now saying screening is a form of playmaking?

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm not lying. It's clear you just misunderstood what I wrote. Unsurprising.

You can read through this thread if you like. Look how I frame arguments. I tend to add qualifiers which is why it's unlikely I made blanket statements.

I do believe that I said CP3 coasted. Why wouldn't he? 3 of our 4 wins against the Timberwolves were blowouts.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You do realize that I said Draymond Green is a great passer, right?

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay LMAO. James Harden was just better than Cp3 that series. He was also better against the Jazz. He was also better against the Warriors. Thats a fact. All the impact metrics(inlcluding PIPM) showed Harden as the superior player. Cp3 was not a better player than Harden for those playoffs.

Cp3 was not coasting either. He doesnt coast in playoff games. Harden was just better than him. You moron. Sheeeeeeesh. And yes, you have told me that Jimmy Butler was a better player than Harden. Your "qualifiers" are there so you can hide behind your stupid statements and lies, how old are you man?

Curry doesnt "unlock" Draymond. They both help each other. You are understating how much he helps that team. He provides all nba defense impact and he helps their offense a lot. He's a great talent on their roster. LOL their defense is the thing that has been improving btw, not their offense.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Playmaking is an action that causes a defensive breakdown. If the screener can consistently draw both defenders, then yes, he's a playmaker.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not what playmaking is, you are just making **** up.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And you also said he is not a playmaker.

LOL.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I never said he was. But I do think that for our 3 wins against Golden State, Harden wasn't the best Rocket on the court in any of them.

Can you quote me on this?

It sounds like you don't understand how qualifiers work. Given your poor reading comprehension, that's unsuprising.

Of course he does. Curry is an elite off-ball player which allows Draymond Green to have the ball. Draymond Green is an excellent passer, but his role as a passer around the 3pt line can be performed by most point-forwards.

If Green were paired with a traditional ball-dominant scorer, do you think he'd have similar success? Logically, he wouldn't.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The problem with your logic is that it fails to focus on the defensive breakdown which is the goal of playmaking.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not failing to focus on anything I have given credit to Curry for what he does to a defense, you are the one ignoring what a playmaker is and what that entails.