1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Thats what I see as well. I think it makes sense for both teams. Aminu, assuming he’s healthy soon, is actually a useful player for us, which means we won’t demand as much as say OKC in a salary dump. Then hopefully we can help him reestablish his value and he becomes an asset for us.

joshuaao and BallaDoc like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd start Oubre over House.

3. SRR21

SRR21 Member

boogie and Wall have had their past discretion but as far as I know both have been good citizens so far. Now Porter is in me against the world mode which may not go over well in the locker room.

4. sogood.

sogood. Member

We owe it to PJ to send him to a contender. Dude took a payout, no way I'm sending him to somewhere like Minnesota or Cleveland.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

There is no point us throwing him away for Precious and a late pick. I would trade Tucker for Achiuwu and a protected pick, but not Oladipo as well.

Herro may be a very good player down the track but Miami has a 31 year old Butler and a very good right now Adebayo. They can contend or wait out this season and hope for growth in younger players next season.

As it stands they are not looking like a finals team. They don't even look like a top 4 team to me (BKN, PHI, BOS, IND)

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who cares???

This locker room is going to get shook up even more, there are more trades coming and Rockets have to keep adding as many hidden gems as it can get its hands on especially if devalued for non-basketball reasons.

John Lucas is on this staff for a reason.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Are you interested in acquiring Sekou Doumbouya for a 1st and Tate? It's surprising to see him in Casey's doghouse without any apparent reason.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe a FRP and House.

Tate should be retained if possible and Pistons do not really need him.

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

So the more I think about it.... IF... HUGE IF... we want to be competitive in West this year... We need
    (1) backup PG (initiate the offense, hit the 3) - Tomas Satoransky (CHI) or George Hill (OKC) I really like Devonte Graham, but I get the feeling Hornets will want a grip for him

(2) starting SF (two way player) - Justise Winslow (MEM) or Matisse Thybulle (PHI)

(3) starting PF (or C) - depends on how you see CWood - John Collins (ATL) or Aaron Gordon (ORL)

(4) depth at F/C - Dewayne Dedmon (FA) or John Henson (FA) or Robert Williams III (BOS) or Noah Vonleh (FA) or Mo Bamba (ORL)

Trade #1: HOU - MEM
    MEM: Dante Exum (HOU) + rights to HOU 2021 FRP (top 20 protected) right to MIA - HOU - BRK - OKC lowest pick
    HOU: Justise Winslow (MEM)
    Brings home Htown native to start at SF. Winslow has not played for MEM so they get out of his contract plus pick up a late 2021 1st as well as clear some cap space.

Trade #2: HOU - OKC - ORL - BOS
    OKC: House (HOU) into TPE + Clemons (HOU) into TPE + 2021 BOS FRP

BOS: PJ Tucker (HOU) into $20M TPE

ORL: Eric Gordon (HOU) + POR 2021 FRP (via HOU) + MIL 2022 FRP (lottery protected)

HOU: Aaron Gordon (ORL) + George Hill (OKC) into $10M TPE + Robert Williams III (BOS) into $2M TPE + Mo Bamba (ORL)
    I could see Bamba not being part of deal and then signing a vet FA big man (Dedmon) for vet min. Bamba is only player not on multi-year deal and probably wouldn't break the bank as a FA.

Wall - Hill - Brown
    Dipo - BMac - Nwaba
    Winslow - Tate - KMart2
    Gordon - Williams3 - Kurucs
    CWood - Boogie - Bamba

Unit 1: Wall (3S) - BMac / Brown (3S) - Tate / Nwaba (D) - Gordon (3S/D) - Boogie (3S) / Bamba (3D)

Unit 2: Hill (3S) - Dipo (3S/D) - Winslow (3D) / Kurucs - CWood (3S/D) - Williams3 (D) / Bamba (3D)

Lineups could hit you from many angles - lots of shooters + players who can defend

10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Aaron Gordon has gotten worst the last two seasons.....

Kevin Porter jr is being released. We should take a look

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree about Porter. That is a free look if released.

But completely disagree with you on AG.

He has improved his assist number dramatically the last 2 seasons. He was 1 assist shy of a triple double today.

He would be devastating in PnR with Wood.

fattz and jch1911 like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Seems like I'm higher on Precious and lower on Dipo than you. I just think there won't be a large bidding war for a player like Dipo who will be up for a new contract after a knee injury. I'd want to extract as much value out of Dipo as possible but I like Precious's fit and timeline with the new Rockets.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sign Kevin Porter if he is released or trade Dipo to Cavs for Drummond and Porter.

Drummond younger than Dipo, also expiring, not coming off injury and just passed Dream on list for most 30-20 games.

Or trade Wall, Boogie, Clemons for Drummond, Nance, Porter and keep Dipo.

EGo/Porter/Exum
    Dipo/Brown/Nwaba
    Tucker/Tate/KJ
    Wood/Nance/Kurucs
    Drummond

Move Tucker and/or EGo at trade deadline.

fattz likes this.
  14. hooroo

hooroo Member

if there's a wy to do it I'd trade Wall for Tyler Herro.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

No way Heat do that even if the salary was not so disproportionate.

saleem likes this.
  16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yuck!

Giving up 3FRPs, Tucker and House to get Winslow (not playing) and Aaron Gordon (gross contract)?
    No thanks.

It doesn't help us contend at all this year - without a legitimate star we are attempting to finish 5-8 and be first round fodder. We could possibly do that with what we have, keep the picks and the cap space.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need to redefine their identity by emphasizing defense first, defense last.

And getting longer and more physical to truly compete against Lakers (Lebron-AD-Harrell-Gasol), Clippers (Kawhi-PG13-Ibaka), Nuggets (Jokic-MPJ-Bol Bol), Mavs (Luka-Porzingas-JJ), etc.

Dipo, Tate, Nwaba are starts but that front court needs more size, length and grit.

EGo, Tucker, House, BMac, Wall and Boogie should all be on the table to upgrade this team in that area.

CHAMPBOY and SRR21 like this.
  18. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Kpj is a serious buy low opportunity, isn’t that what stone is set to do? I say do it

joshuaao, BigggReddd and D-rock like this.
  19. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Think we can get lebron for Eric Gordon, too?

just messing with you, but wall isn’t getting a positive young player that seems to be getting better

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

You act those are lottery picks... I would love to see the stats on the careers of low round 1st round picks 23 - 30 vs high 2nd round picks (31 - 38)...
    never mind, I took a casual glance (last decade) and I would put it a 2 - 1 ratio of good late 1st rounders (Jimmy, Gobert, Capela!, Nance Jr., Siakam) vs. early 2nd rounders (Graham, Trent Jr., Zubac, Brogdon, Trez, Dinwiddie, Crabbe, Draymond, Parsons!, Whiteside, Bjelica)... also Middleton was 39 ;)

You are also getting those players on locked in contracts... that has value...

IMHO Winslow has buy low potential... plus from Htown... maybe he will want to be here (or maybe he wants to go back to MIA with Dipo in tow)

Aaron Gordon has a gross contract? Could not disagree more strongly or did you mean Eric Gordon?

Anyway... this was fun!