1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick/Iko via The Athletic] Inside the final days of the James Harden era with the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Jan 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Taking a victory lap for this guess a few days ago:
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...e-the-right-deal.309745/page-15#post-13355070

2. DLT

DLT Member

Because him and Wall are a great fit for Silas system

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Oladipo...maybe. Wall....lol nah. He holds the ball way to long and his offensive rating with his only lineups are poor.

Nook, Boston84 and D-rock like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

chadyang, D-rock, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I doubt it was Brown. Probably some package centered around picks and Kemba Walker and another young player of theirs.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'd be interested to know what Boston's involvement was in trade negotiations. I doubt Ainge was offering up Jaylen Brown, but if he was and we whiffed it'll be a huge mistake. Brown by himself is a better return than what we received, in my opinion.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Keep this statement in mind in the next 6-8 years and lets see if you are right.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wrt:

"[Houston] needs Harden and these revamped Nets to fail in spectacular fashion."​

This is definitely helpful, but not the only path. Nets could win the title this year and still later "fail in spectacular fashion." In fact, the title win could accelerate a "my work is done here" collapse. After all, CLE went from title to a very real shot at Zion (2nd most lotto balls) in 3 drafts, (not to mention Ja Morant). GSW got #2 pick this year, when Durant bolted. And CLE again had the 2nd worst record.

Durant/Harden could easily win the title then choose to bolt in Lebron fashion at end of their contracts. hell, maybe Harden even forgoes his Player Option (like Chris Paul did) to exit earlier and return home to LA or HOU :)

#29 heypartner, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I think it is really unlikely Ainge offered Brown at all. He is highly regarded in Boston, and off to an amazing start this year.

BamBam, Boston84, vator and 3 others like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is probably the best asset but is he a player you can actually build a champion around?

It's the same issue with trading for Simmons you are essentially setting yourself up for mediocrity and hoping to get into the playoffs as a bottom seed.

It's looking at things long term as opposed to being Orlando.

HP3 likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Wall isn’t a great fit for anything. By the end of the year people will realize this and he will be treated exactly like Westbrook.

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

it’s not very realistic but LA is going to be clogged up until after next year and Houston will not. Outside of shipping Wall, at that point an expiring contract, the Rockets will be loaded with trade assets and cash. They could come as a package and construct a team with the assets and draft picks to maximize future assets by imploding the Nets. They would get reinforcements they could not get elsewhere. By that time the Nets only have Harris and maybe they need to dump him with no draft assets until 2028. I see a new Stepien rule coming.

I could see Nets coming close this year or winning but a dysfunctional Kyrie WILL prevent them from ultimate success if not traded for needed assets. We learned all to well with Ryno how that much cap not producing will stop you. I am curious how effective Houston can be at detailing the success of the OKC draft haul to maximize what we keep. If we could tank this year and get In top 4 and then fight to win next year and then in subsequent years the impact is negated.

14. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s not surprising on a certain light I guess. The obvious move is to blow it up and tank for the next 2.5 years. The fact that Tillman might fight to make us irrelevant and handcuff us by picking 10-15, then see the picks go to OKC for 3 years sounds par for the course for that moronic fake ass billionaire.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This exactly

DonKnock, bro2044, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wall is not fit for Silas system nevermind a "great" fit.

Boston84 and HP3 like this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Wishful thinking. Lebron and Kyrie bolted because Gilbert was an ass. Durant and Harden aren't bolting BKN unless they fail in spectacular fashion. BKN can afford the luxury tax if they win a championship.

HP3 likes this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

With the the current lottery system we might just end up giving OKC a 6th pick of the draft trying to get into the top 4

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Didn’t you defend Harden?

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Where did you see in the article that Harden was sandbagging to an nth degree? Harden didn’t play amazingly(he probably wasn’t all the way in I admit) but he also didn’t cause those guys to play bad against the Lakers. How would you also explain to me why Wall units are bad. And Harden units are good?

Patience and vator like this.