1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

I still think more likely than not we are going to be sellers, rather than buyers at the deadline. If we are buyers, I still like the idea of Jerami Grant, so long as the cost isn’t extreme.

But honestly, I’ve kind of soured on even spending time on trades now. I want to see this team play. I want to see Wood develop. I feel like that’s the input we need to move forward.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Stupid **** that will never happen but is fun to do when you're bored:

https://tradenba.com/trades/fIdUPENRS

Starters: Oladipo - Hield - Tate - Barnes - Wood
    Bench:::: McLemore - Brown/Nwaba - Tucker - Bamba/Cousins
    Development: Jones, Martin Jr.
    IR: Clemons, Exum

3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

House to Denver for a 2022 first rounder (top-4 protected). Issue I see is they don't have many players we'd want back and only one expiring contract (Millsap) who wouldn't make sense. In this scenario the Nuggets would basically be absorbing House's salary, but I think they'd do so as he'd probably start for them and make Harris a 6th man. In any case, it's a scenario I could see playing out given the value Stone puts in draft picks and the way House has been displaced in our offense with the emergence of Tate.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Another trade idea: House, Gordon, and the Bucks pick for Buddy Hield. The Kings get a starter in House that they can plug into Hield's spot, Gordon as a bench player with a year less salary commitment than they were on the hook for with Hield, and a late first rounder. We get one of the best 3-point shooters in the game who can stretch the floor, give us the boost we were hoping to get out of Gordon but werent, and a starting sg next year in the event Oladipo leaves after the season.

5. dmoneybangbang

I've been thinking about a 3 team trade that nets us Precious, late FRP, expirings for Dipo+Tucker. Herro is definitely a no go.

6. dmoneybangbang

EGO for Fournier (expiring).

Tucker + Dipo for Precious + late FRP + expirings.

fattz likes this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets IN : Nickeil Alexander Walker, Kevin Heuter, JJ Reddick, Tony Snell, Nicolo Melli

Hawks IN : Eric Gordon

Pelicans IN : Victor Olidapo

https://tradenba.com/trades/jhMDJTIBW

Rockets get Expirings, Walker and Heuter young talents who can be future parts of this team, Melli is a throw in , but the Center position is weak. It comes out even on trade machine. Get something for Victor because he will just leave in the offseason. Rockets need to say bye bye to Eric Gordon.

8. fattz

fattz Member

More stupid random trades that will never happen
    NYK
    Wall
    Leadership marketing expires when Barrett is ready for his max. NYK can handle Wall’s contract.

Orlando
    Randle
    Even trade for Gordon but Randle fits better with Vucevic

Rockets
    Aaron Gordon and (filler Dennis Smith or we wait till February for the unhappy Nerlens Noel)
    Aaron Gordon is a perfect fit next to Wood we would extend him for 60/3yr. Noel is worth a look and possibly a 15/3yr. Still a savings from Wall’s contract.

D-rock likes this.
  9. finsraider

finsraider Member

PJ to 76ers into their TPE for a 2021 1st

Then trade for Aminu with our TPE. Either no compensation going back to Orlando or a protected 2nd. For Orlando, it’s about dipping below the luxury tax and unloading Aminus contract after his injury.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No more injured players please. I liked Aminu, but he's probably finished by now.

BallaDoc likes this.
  11. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

joshuaao, fattz and kwakmeister like this.
  12. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I like this lineup, but stagger the Wood and Drummond minutes. I don't know for sure, but I imagine Drummond having no presence outside the paint would hinder Wood's all around ability on the inside.

On the bright side, not a single rebound would go to the opposing teams lol Better not miss!

Ben Frank likes this.
  13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Haven’t heard what Aminus timetable is. My hope is he can be back mid season, and can be both a useful player and reclamation project.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Mr Woods likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unlikely with Boogie and House still on the team.

Rockets still need to keep collecting young cheap talented assets.

Being scared of drama will not allow Rockets to uncover our next franchise cornerstone.

Have you seen this kid play?

Crashing car and throwing a locker room fit is a relatively minor incident in the life of a NBA player.

Patterns game after Harden and he is already a better all around player than BMac even after just 1 season.

#2017 D-rock, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  18. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

He’s the same player I targeted with our TPE. He’s the only guy I see under 10 mill aside from some Twolves players who’s team would likely want to offload him due to injury,salary,position of depth, and contract length. Can see Orlando giving up a pick to get off of him easily.

We can then offload Tucker after to lose the salary we just picked up. Gain a first and a TPE out of it.

finsraider likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tucker to 76ers for Thybulle and FRP (or 2 SRP).

Thybulle is out of Doc's rotation and he would add a needed young lockdown defender to Rockets.

EGo
    Dipo
    Thybulle
    Tate
    Wood

Wall and Boogie as instant offense off the bench.

20. rockets13champs

PJ Tucker and Clemons to GSW FOR Oubre, Looney and 2 SRPS

we put that into our 10.6 TPE. And GSW cut luxury tax by a lot.

Oubre an expiring contract

wood, cousins, Looney
    Tate, Kurucs
    House, Oubre,nwaba sterling Brown
    Oladipo, Gordon, McLemore
    Wall, exum, Mason Jones

allows us to play cousins and Wood together more mins with Wood at the 4.

D-rock likes this.