1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long until Wood can get traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ClutchCity9495

Hmm do I want the young hungry guy, or the diva full of drama. When will we move on, he is gone. I feel true Rocket fans have gotten lost and cheer more for the name on the back then the name on the front of the jersey. We should let Harden go, focus on the young pieces. Like broke up with some hot girl that in essence was nothing but a b****, and can't be happy with the sweet girl next door that is sneaky hot. WTF when will we move on. Harden fans get counseling.

xtruroyaltyx and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Gratz,

I think you just got the GM job of the Kings.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is good but he is already 25-26.

Probably keep him for length of his contract. Do not worry so much.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Wall Oladipo and Wood

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so? you dont have to copy their method to the t

learn how to draft
    Jokic was had as pick no 41
    Draymond was 35th pick

1 we got plenty of these picks and better than these
    2 learn how to draft and develop
    3 if you dont you wont make a good use of lottery picks anyway

6. HP3

HP3 Member

We dont have the money for the scouting department. Im being serious. You guys assume Stone is just gonna find these diamond in the rough players when its not how it works.

BallaDoc likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Isn't that exactly what he's done so far? How do you know how good or bad our scouting department is run vs that of other teams?

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wall is done being a star & expensive. Tillman would trade his ass in second if he could find a taker for Wall’s deal.

Oladipo has been rumored to want to go to Miami. If you could get multiple 1sts for him before he walks for nothing, why would you not do it?

Wood is good and improving by the second. But do you see Tillman giving him a max deal? Will Wood even want be here after he reaches a certain stature and starts wanting to get paid AND compete for a title? Will Tillman spend to bring other stars here on max deals?

HP3 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

Who's our diamond in the rough here that you see being a top 10 player? You cant expect a GM with constantly low firsts to build some amazing team over a 4-5 year span(if that). Its unfair. I dont even like peanut head but that is setting him up for failure.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just showing a picture of Tilman isn't proof that our scouting department isn't up to compete with the rest of the league. That's just an assumption.

It's not about finding top 10 players. It's about finding young players that can be valuable members of a team. Flipping Roco essentially for Wood, finding Tate and Jones and Brown, these guys are already overachieving.

No, they are not top 10 players in the NBA but if you constantly find players who overacheive you're going to find that you have a lot of assets that can be flipped for better players.

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think this thread is way premature. Wood is a really good player, who developing and getting better. Let's give Silas' staff some time to work with him. If he's not a foundational piece for us, he could get us more draft capital or young players in another year or two if he continues to improve significantly.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro who do you think pays for the scouting department

Overachieving how, are like 4th worst in the West? Beating one mediocre Spurs team is enough?

We are losing Woods and Tate in like 3 years. They are 25. Brown...is okay.

You need a team here for a superstar to come here to, this like trying to recreate the Harden trade man.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The current crop of franchise stars, Luka, Tatum, Zion, Jokic, Giannis etc. all came from the the draft.

I think it's very hard to find a young franchise player through trade, unless it's a AD situation with Lebron and Klutch tampering for your team. I don't forsee the Harden situation happening ever again. There's really 1 way a super star gets traded, that's if he's disgruntled about his current situation and wants to pair up with other stars. Even if we have all the assets in the world, the super star will not want to come here for the long term. That's just the super team culture these days.

Toronto found a bunch of overachieving players, and they swung for the fences for Kawhi for 1 year. That netted them a championship, but they seem to be back where they were for the forseeable future.

HP3 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You made a claim that the scouting department is cheap you need to back that claim more than "I don't like Tilman and so I'm assuming our scouting department is broke."

Overachieving based on how they are playing, that's pretty clear.

Why are we losing Wood and Tate in 3 years? This is based on what exactly? You're just being pessimistic to be so, I get it, you loved the MDA-Harden-Morey era but it's over.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Toronto winning one championship is more than the Rockets have done in decades.

Also, some of those players you mentioned, Jokic and Giannis, came late in the draft.

It's very difficult to find franchise players regardless. The point here is that if you have a team that can scout well and draft well you're better off than a team that cannot.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Broke no, but do you think there is extra money put in there to compete? I dont have sources for this true but color me skeptical.

How are they overachieving right now? They can...but right now they are exactly where they are, bottom in the West.

Are we a championship contender in 3 years? No. They will also be 28 years old. Unless Wood becomes like first team all NBA in this league which I doubt. Tate will also be a lot better and will be looking for more money and a chance to compete. How would we give them money and why would they want to be here? Im just being realistic about this. I've been a homer for awhile. But we are in a rebuild.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have no idea how the Rockets scouting team compares to the rest of the league but I can judge them based on the players they've acquired and this year giving the hand they were given they've done a great job.

The players, themselves, have overachieved. They are bottom in the west and literally one game out of the playoffs. This is a team that's never been healthy for one game and some nights playing the bare minimum of players. I'd say the team has overachieved as well.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah, because teams full of players all younger than 25 are those that have deep playoff runs and win championships?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

They have done an okay job. Mason Jones is cool. Tate and Woods are cool but arent going to be here when it matters. They are essentially place holders.

We will continue to not be healthy on nights. Wall and Gordon arent the poster boys of durability and neither is Cousins.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

More than okay, they had 0 draft picks and still ended up with solid young prospects. Teams just don't do that. Teams are not finding rotational players out of nowhere like the Rockets just did.