1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I didn’t realize he was a poor defender. Oladipo might be the better signing for us if he can stay healthy

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

#742 J.R., Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Positive energy. :)

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

just my opinion, but I would trade both Oladipo and Tucker for him, with the hope he develops.

Houston and Denver aren’t at the same stage of development. Denver has 2 young guys on max deals. They are trying to win now.

Houston isn’t at that point, so I think they should tolerate more variability. You trade for MPJ because you hope he can become and facilitator and a decent defender in a few years.

5. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Vic is a really good defender and would fit in with the energy of our defensive unit. Hopefully he gets back to his all NBA defense status with us.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man imagine when Wood develops his defense.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

After watching the media videos, I didn't know Oladipo was tight with Demarcus and EGo, and I guess also with Wall based on what he said.

Not to derail the thread, it's still early in the season, and it's not necessarily a great indicator of "all-around" defense, but I was kind of shocked to see Wood at #4 in blocked shots, and it's not because he got half of them in 2 games or some anomaly like that.

joshuaao, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Sad thing is I don't think MIA would bite on this deal. They're in contention now, picks may only be seen as currency than actual draft. And as stated by others in other threads, if Dipo made it clear that he wants in MIA, they could just wait it out. They may even haggle Dipo's agent and not giving him the max. Selling him championship aspiration. Unless maybe MIA goes on a long losing streak or big injuries, I don't see them giving Herro up.

saleem likes this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

positive vibes, positive vibes

I hope Oladipo balls out here, we need his value as high as possible.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hope he retires a Rocket.

13. Fefo

Fefo Member

Only the defensive part is actually accurate.
    MPJ is a bet for denver. They will never get rid of him for things like oladipo or house and picks. If he progresses he can become a super star. If you ever saw him play, he reminds a bit of tmac without the passing ability, but this is his second season, he may develop some court vision ( probably will never be elite like tmac). He is very fluid , athletic, he is a great rebounder and can shoot. He fits any offense.
    On D, he absolutely sucks , but hes got the tools, he needs to understand schemes a bit better and put the effort.
    Grant is an ok player, but people overestimate his defense. He was never able to really slow down any of the elite wings on the league. He is fine, and i fully understand him leaving, but he is not that hard to replace.
    Signing mpj long term secure the asset, and if they think they can get a player that fits better, he can always be traded, at least if he doesn't look like a bust down the road. Only time will tell what his ceiling is, but he might become a star.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's been like one month into the season and it felt like the org has swapped the entire squad.

Something you would do over the course of 3-5 years.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This trade actually makes a lot of sense. Denver could use a solid vet defender with a good 3 pt shot next to Murray.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. finsraider

finsraider Member

It really is amazing what Stone had done in such a short time with the hand he was given.

Westbrook / Rivers
    Harden / McLemore
    Gordon / House
    Tucker
    Covington

We didn’t own any picks other than a few of our own.

to

Wall / Brown
    Oladipo / Gordon
    House / McLemore
    Tucker / Tate
    Wood / Cousins

We own 7 FRPs from other teams, as well as 4 swaps.

If you had told me we would have all those picks and swaps by this time, my assumption wouldve been that we traded away every last player with positive value and were tanking hard. Incredible job.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most of those picks came from the Harden swap but yeah got the sentiment.

The hilarious thing is that you got undrafted, lowly drafted players who could be potential stars or important players without even using the picks.

Wood, Mason jr, Kenyon Martin, Tate, Sterling Brown....

joshuaao, hakeem94 and finsraider like this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

Definetely, Stone did an amazing job, everyone saying otherwise is just hating on everything the rockets do right now.

Mason jones and Tate are also already better than any rookies Morey ever picked up to be benchwarmers.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

On the other hand credit also goes to Silas, he would have made the murrays rookies work, and vice versa, tate and mason jason would have never ever seen court under mda

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Whether or not you guys like his game, everyone should love his fire and tenacity on the court. Team first guy and he will bring it on both sides of the ball.

Vic will fit in nicely here and I’m actually excited.

I of course have no championship expectations, but this team will play hard, together and it should be fun to watch.

BamBam, Htown Stros, joshuaao and 6 others like this.