1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whatsup With Wall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bro2044, Jan 17, 2021.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

My sisters' best friends cousin's boyfriend told me she saw him rushing the capitol.

MC31B likes this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Definitely do not need all three. I wouldn’t mind trading Wall to an contender for a draft pick and young piece he’s an expiring next year though. He’ll probabaly opt out his final year to get a new long term deal like Hayward did.

Trade Gordon and Wall and keep Dipo and Cousins. If we don’t get another big, last night showed us how much we missed Cousins presence in The paint. He’s a big body and poeltl wouldnt have gone off like he did if Cousins was playing

Joe Rocket likes this.
  3. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Here it comes.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I saw him standing on the southern border last week. He was tremendous, big, and beautiful.

Jayzers_100, studogg and MC31B like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Wall's the perfect tank commander, doesn't b**** about losing games (at least so far) and is willing to mentor our young guys.

He's also injury prone so we can rest him as much as possible while we're tanking games and giving our young guys like Mason Jones get more playtime.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why didn't he sit against the Lakers for two games which we weren't going to win and then play against SA? It's about picking and choosing. We were going to lose the Lakers games anyway, at least miss those games instead of winnable SA games.

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

Thanks for the POSITIVITY

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

What’s up with Wall?

He can’t be fixed...:confused:

BallSoHarden likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not good with positivity :( I'm sorry I wish I was

Deckard likes this.
  10. Denovo

Denovo Member

Hasn’t played in 2 years. Minor injuries are a given. Body isn’t used to the grind.

bro2044 and ipaman like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I agree not sure if Cousins will stay without Wall but really like having him on this team. He can be a mentor to Wood and a vocal leader. Regardless we need another big.

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Of the three, you trade Gordon. Oladepo said he has a relationship with Wall. Besides, this is Wall's first yr back after being out for 2yrs, you got to give the body time to build up

13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Load management.
    Saving him for the finals.

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Compensatory “soreness”. Foot bone (Achilles) connected to shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone...

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Final game of the season where he says his good byes and we trade him along with a bunch of picks for the number 1 draft pick!

16. riko

riko Member

Yeah that and his 36-8-8 a night.

17. riko

riko Member

Wall after a hot start was struggling the last few games.

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, keep him out/healthy for 2 reasons. Lose while building up experience of young guys, bring him in to win a game here or there and make him look good in trades. "oh yeah he's healthy we've just been holding him back to give the young guys some run".

Suckers.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Anybody who had serious injury knows you cant play that regulary that early(or possibly never). He was training individualy and NBA games are at different endurance level and once his legs got tired im sure there was some swelling coming in and thats the last call to stop and rest... he now has to rest until swelling goes away, play couple trainings and should be good to go. Sorenesses like this appear and its normal after surgeries. I never had a cramp in my life but after acl i get this **** pretty often. It is what it is. Thats why they wont give you any timetable he can get this swelling in 2 days or 2 weeks it really is random as ****. I couldve drink one beer too much and have swollen knee for 2 weeks

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Wall will be back soon. His tank was on empty after starting a long string of games after not being on the court for two years. What I like is that he's still leading on the sidelines, offering advice and encouragement to the younger players. Much respect.

Richie_Rich and Jayzers_100 like this.