1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Needs More Bigs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jim1961, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly don’t want any of those. Would rather look over seas for young players, look at young guys on other teams not playing and give the Latvian kid we just got a chance.

2. kiwirocketsfan

I’d love to see the team add a big bodied, defensive minded banger.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Any in Australia laying around?

4. SRR21

SRR21 Member

John Collins atl 24 wants out of ATL. RFA
    Markkanen CHI 24 RFA
    Looney GSW 25
    Robinson MIA 27
    BOL BOL DEN 21 RFA

5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

carib likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cleveland has a bunch of bigs.

Also Collins on the Hawks is the target of many teams because everyone knows he wants out after repeatedly causing drama in the locker room because of Trae Young's shot selection (jacking up 3s from half court at 26%). He'd be amazing for us but I doubt we can get him.

I don't think we're really trying to win right now, at least the next 2 years when we actually have our own picks so it doesn't make sense to get a good player in a trade. We'll likely target buyout options and just get another backup big.

D-rock likes this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Those are soft bigs. I want a real defensive mind big.

Like Mitchell Robinson.

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think we would get a good player whenever one becomes available, not start looking two years from now. We have assets to make nice moves now.

Collins could see Houston as a budding team putting together quality pieces and he could come in and be a big part of that. A situation where we could see himself being productive and part of that growth.

Highlyrated and Dankstronaut like this.
  9. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I see it the other way. The our pick this year don't help us more likely belongs to someone else top 4 protected so go grab Colins he cant cost that much 2 2nds or a 1st or maybe they take Tucker. Wood and Collins next to each other is a pretty nice front court and young too.

bpbkforlife likes this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If they want to keep Wood at 5 full time they definitely need to power up the forward positions. Cousins is just big enough to cover ground but his athleticism is gone, idk if they really even want to keep him past the deadline. A lightweight F/C and Cuz on minutes restrictions didn't really "cure" the ailments of small ball.

BackNthDay likes this.
  11. kiwirocketsfan

Robinson would be good, might be a tough get though.

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You know who’d be good? Jarrett Allen. Wonder what the Cavs would want for him...

harold bingo, eliefor3 and Nook like this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Your list lacks the Thon Maker. He is a FA once more.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Team needs more figs Newton.

15. WestendMassive

I'm surprised no NBA team has taken a good look at Jock Landale. 6'11 and mobile, a strong finisher at the rim, likes to dunk and can shoot the 3. Was real solid in the 2019 FIBA World Cup and was good in Summer League for the Bucks in 2019.

Played in Lithuania last year but is suiting up for Melbourne in the NBL this year.

JuNx, napalm06, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I almost forgot about him! I remember him from college and then the tournament. He is a big kid with a strong base. I am surprised he isn’t getting any attention from the NBA either. He is still fairly young too.

napalm06, carib and WestendMassive like this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bring em all in and let them have a rebounding contest with EG shooting from 25 ft out.. Top 2 wins a spot on the roster

Hesitation, fattz and Nook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Collins will cost more than a mediocre #1. He would likely require multiple assets/picks. He is obviously talented. The question is whether the Rockets are willing to give him the maximum salary, whether he has an attitude problem and if he is good enough defensively to play next to Wood.

He is the type of player the Rockets should be looking at going forward though. He has room to improve and is young enough to be good in a handful of years.

D-rock likes this.
  19. ballgame

ballgame Member

C. Wood SIGNED for 3yrs and you don't think we're trying to win?? Remember Harden has 2yrs left and you see what happened. PLAYERS WANT TO WIN NOW.

I would trade a #1, #2 and House for Collins

SRR21 likes this.