1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden media flip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, Jan 17, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People really do forget what a "honeymoon phase" is. We had it with Westbrook remember?

bmelo and durvasa like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, Harden’s highlights from last night already have 2 million views on the NBA’s YT channel with 36K likes and 699 dislikes

none of his Rockets highlights ever came close

DonKnock, hakeem94, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Isn't it funny.

We defend the dude for eight years to no avail.

All he had to do is go to the top market and the narrative changed in eight minutes.

Let this be a lesson to all of us.

These players don't care about us, our opinions don't really change anything and in the end this is just a game that is meant to be entertainment. It's really not that serious.

I hope Harden is happy, i also hope the Nets are the worst team in the NBA for the next seven years because I want their picks to have perceived value. So here's to Harden opting out in 2022. He can go play in Philly then or wherever, i don't care. I just hope he opts out.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Westbrook was efficient and looked good his first few games here which was out of character. Last night was a typical James Harden game. Literally nothing was new. There isn’t going to be a honeymoon phase because this is what he does night in and out.

DonKnock, YOLO, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I know it will subside in time, but I am finding it aggravating looking for Houston Rockets news and 4 of every 5 tweets/articles are about how great Harden is.

The NY spin is so biased and lopsided. Has anyone even considered that Brooklyn needed a triple double from Harden and 40+ from Durant to beat a Magic team by 7 pts that is going nowhere?

#45 jim1961, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    DonKnock and clos4life like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

...and in eight minutes, it will change again if things don't go the Nets way.

It will be interesting to see what they are saying when the Nets hit a losing streak which all teams do.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya, the Nets fans will appreciate his carry job during the regular season. When it's the 4th quarter in the playoffs and Harden does multiple key turnovers and just starts bricking threes is when that honeymoon phase will be over.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the NY media. If Harden has a bad game or even a mediocre game they will blast him.

9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I really hope you are wrong about this. Wood specifically made it clear when the tanking question was asked that the only reason he signed up with Rockets is to compete and tanking is not an option. I do not think even Wall would want that. But who knows, Rockets management has been quite unpredictable this season.

BamBam likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Media conspiracy undone

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I really hope I'm wrong as well...

Magicsaint likes this.
  12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Let's see what the NY media does when he goes 6-24 in an elimination game with 8 turnovers.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lol the ultimate bitter EX

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. rocketseagles07

While the media flip has been hilarious I don’t think it was just about Houston. We had a comboination(D’antoni, Morey and harden) that was hated.

Even you’re seeing Morey get more love now. The 3 of them together took the hate to another level

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

with kd, harris, jeff green, kyrie?

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. beardsanity713

They couldn't wait to get james outta Houston
    So they could laud over him.
    I'm not understanding why james wants to help further Durants legacy he been a snake he could have joined james on several occasions

DonKnock likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

and MDA and Harden are still together now

if Morey was in Brooklyn they will still be praising them

DonKnock likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This always happens when an all-star player goes to a new team in a somewhat different role. There’s excitement over how that player’s skills will translate to a new environment, and renewed appreciation over the skills that players has.

We saw it with Chris Paul too.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh nbatv and nets broadcasting team were raving about how he was starting to finally get it on defense bc of how he was getting steals last night.

The guy who has led the league in total steals for 2 straight seasons

DonKnock and apollo33 like this.
  20. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Wow, the highlight of Harden's 40 points triple double + game winner against Warriors only has less than 500K views...This shows that Houston isn't really that big of a market in terms of basketball when compared to New York.

DonKnock, joshuaao, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.