1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Buck Turgidson

Huh, this thread is fun and interesting, I could have been paying more attention to you guys. Now I have to go historical and see how smart you all were vs the alternative/actual.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Let me save you some time; market booming, everyone looking like geniuses hehe

Ziggy, whag00 and Sajan like this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

i m not qualified to give financial advise

i was expecting him to offer viable alternatives to what he sees not working. he didn't

the overriding theme of easy liquidity worldwide remains intact, sprinkled w

#13503 adoo, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

There are definitely unsustainable trends in the market and a ton of excuses about ignoring them. Oh it’s the Robinhooders! It’s priced in! Spacs are the new thing! Tesla is an energy company!!

all I know is if the arrow goes straight up, it’s coming back down on you.

CCity Zero and Ziggy like this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

This, didn't find the video actionable. Getting super defensive on the possibility of a big correction is likely to "cost" us more. Don't see any alternative to keeping up current risk level, and just take the 5-10% hit to portfolio when it comes. :shrug: If his pt was just to keep evolving strategies, then yeah agree with that.

Everyone, pls shout out when its looking bad and you are selling tho, haha.

Sajan likes this.
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Haven’t been this anxious about market conditions in a while. Expect a really bad week with big wigs on edge about potential riots/protests/attacks...ughh can it be Tuesday already lol I can only half enjoy this three day weekend

STR8Thugg likes this.
  7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

8. AWIN

AWIN Member

What’s the “worst” case scenario? We go back to March/April? Did anyone sell everything back then? Heck most here prob bought more. It would suck giving back all the gains, but I swear stock junkies are just like gamblers, yeah the money is cool but the action is what’s the most addicting.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can the riots be worse than what already happened at the Capitol? I've been trying to squash my fears with that thinking.

10. adoo

adoo Member

buy a protective PUT, an insurance policy on my portfolio, on the S&P 500

• i did going into the 3 Nov election, same for this coming inaugural

saitou likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I honestly think everyone in here is wap-ing. Anything anyone mentions goes up. Sometimes, often even, 20% in 1 day, with the exception of UPS (lulz).

I was a max the 401k & IRA guy my whole life. Grab maybe 1-3 stocks a year in the non-retirement account. But I had to start gambling in this market. Cant lose. Once (twice) in a lifetime bubble. So much money floating around that even Blackberry and Gamestop are exploding. Huge gains! @adoo thinks Blockbuster and Radio Shack are next up to moon.

That market is so hot that SPACE STOCKS are booming because there's nowhere else to put the money. Institutions that focus on shorting are laying people off.

I bought something called CRSR instead of CRSP by accident, and it still went up like 200% anyways. Lulz.

Sajan, Rodman23 and saitou like this.
  12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Absolutely they can. At least since that happened though security is prepared tor the worst.

#13512 Rodman23, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

omg i love it! hahaha

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I’ll go on the UPS stocktwits page sometimes and feel bad for the new people thinking it’s gonna make them money. Sigh so naive, they’ll learn

Sajan likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Long DGLY? that was the BLM flavor of the month lol.

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

So ARK happened to buy a lot of CRNT on Friday as well; now the 2nd biggest holding in IZRL etf. This is dumb money and smart money flowing into the same stock on the same day, feeling better about this.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ARK bought PLTR too. Thoughts?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stockwits will make you run through a brick wall for any stock.

Sajan, CCity Zero and Rodman23 like this.
  19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

No I personally have never been it. but I’d keep an eye on it all week, could be some serious opportunities to scalp. Could work as a hedge too. Spy puts as well. Also watch vix for rejections at highs and lows

saitou likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

buy if you like the company, but i think the impact of ark buying pltr on thursday is already priced in or not as big a deal. PLTR is a 44bn cap company, not a penny stock; ark already had a big position, thursday's purchase increased it by 35%, significant, but not like their recent buy the dip on SRPT increasing position by 500%. pltr is unique and hard to price though, if you like it just buy haha.