1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rodions Kurucs Is A Diamond In The Rough for Rockets Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

Too white to be coal.

Rashmon, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

When the game was playing at an uptempo pace , he looks good. He looked good in half court too. He found ways to get open. He just didn’t convert the shots. But he moved pretty well I. The offense for it being his debut. His passes were good. He can run in transition. And he’s tall.

3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup it was jitters. He has shot ok in the limited time with the Nets.

I can understand him being so out of it, out of his comfort, New city, new team and teammates, new system and last minute addition.

hopefully we get a full roster soon. It’s been like 1 or 2 games this whole season.

hakeem94, roslolian and pr0wler like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Missed a bunch of shots, but I thought he looked good otherwise considering our depth.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This guy sucked..

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Every 3pt shot was short, means that he hasn't really be shooting them - I dunno, jury is way out on him.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Can someone please make a lowlights video of Kurucs from this game? Bricks, charges, fumbles, matador defense, juking teammates into turnovers, standing around aimlessly, freaking out and unloading the ball, the whole thing.

After watching his performance, I feel strongly that I deserve an NBA contract.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

He was literally the only plus positive player this game he must have been doing something right.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

After watching him the whole game, I would really like to know what that thing was.

10. ClutchCity9495

Cmon a little to early to judge. Guy has had no practice with the team, just got off a plane wasn't even supposed to play, sure he was tired. Think he deserves a little more rope.

BelgianRocketsFan and D-rock like this.
  11. jacoby

jacoby Member

+/- isn't a relevant stat for single games. He played poorly with a lot of the same guys that got ran out of the building in the final minutes of the game, so his +/- appeared better than the other guys.

It's just one game so I'll reserve judgement for a while. I honestly never heard of the guy until the trade. He seems to have a decent handle but he needs to play with some aggressiveness. He looks way too timid out there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He would do better with the Vipers initially. It's too bad, the D-League has been shut down due to the pandemic.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

So if he played poorly how come he is the only one with positive plus minus? Theres 5 guys on the court at all times there should have been others who should have had positive plus minus as well if its all due to circumstance.

I watched him play closely he just looked timid but he did a lot of things right just that teammated he passed to bricked wide open looks or opponents made shots with him up on his grill. He bothered guys from getting layups a couple of times and best thing is he did that without having to rely on the refs calling fouls correctly.

hakeem94 and Shark44 like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Please someone do this.

For Will, nothing to do with me or laughing at failure. For Will.

Will and hakeem94 like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I don't think he has found a place to live in Houston.

Give him time to adjust, Teammates, Coaches, Weather, Location, Place To Live, Buy a Car, Moving all his furniture from Brooklyn to Houston maybe or buy new Furniture

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. ClutchCity9495

They are having a season, will be in a bubble.

saleem likes this.
  17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shots was short because he was measuring like Wood was against the Lakers ... trying so hard not to miss ..

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Tbf even in my jurisdiction in Arkansas, we’ve had criminal jury trials suspended until at least March of this year. Progress on cases has stalled immensely without the looming threat of trials. It’s not unusual that he still has an open, pending case with little pressure to settle at the moment.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for correcting me.

20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I also watched the whole game. If he was a positive +/- Then I could be a positive +/-

If I remember correctly, the only shot he hit was that standing layup that was fed to him.