1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

API? Lol.

ICLN

saitou likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

ended up adding some nio and NNDM. sold a bunch of puts on nndm too. if it goes below $10 in feb i could be bag holding a lot lol.

Ziggy likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man. Everything is SO red. Except BNGO, thanks @saitou

saitou likes this.
  4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Woahh BFT pump ah

Sajan likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Any idea why? Don't see any PRs

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Apparently someone on CNBC said it will triple in a year

saitou likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Steve Grasso on Fast Money made it his "Final Trade" and said "it's the most excited I've been about a stock in a long time -- I'm looking for a triple and I think I'm gonna get it."

Lol. Steve Grasso moving stocks. :D

CCity Zero, Sajan and Rodman23 like this.
  8. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Here's the BFT "pump" :

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/01/15/final-trades-ilmn-eqix-bft-xlf.html

Grasso's probably making a fortune off some of his wilder picks lately like TSE, OLN, and this one. :D

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

CLOV too.

Rodman23 likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

i am not into SPACs

but i know about Ron Sugar, one of the advisors in this SPAC

he has an extensive background in Aero and Defense, over 25 yr in Sr Executive mgmt post

at TRW, a mid-size firm, he was one of two finalists in the running for the CEO post, w the understanding that whoever is not selected will leave the co. he was not selected.
    he then ran a division of Teledyne, another mid-size firm. att, the big 2 (Boeing/Lockheed) were flexing theirs financial muscles attempting to acquire firms,
    including mid-size firms like TRW, Teledyne and Northrop

Sugar spearheaded the efforts of these 3 mid-size defense firms to merge as one co in order to fend off takeover attempts by Boeing/Lockheed. the new combined co, Northrop Grumman, became one of the new Big 3 in the defense industry
    Grasso also recommended SNAP

[​IMG]

#13491 adoo, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Welp... everybody say a prayer... inauguration followed by MLK holiday... hopefully everything goes well over the long weekend, stocks or no stocks.

STR8Thugg and saitou like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Followed by some holiday called Confederate Heroes Day. I cant just relax anymore.

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

took a risk on crnt and holding over the weekend... don't like holding pennies overnight (in case of stock offering announcements), but blindly following social media and david has been working very well so far, might as well keep going till the streak breaks. stupid $ is still $. mtfl's article gave me a chuckle:

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

ACEV spac - Achronix semi merger. fabless fpga designer

http://s25.q4cdn.com/535165120/file...her-Investor-Deck-to-file-with-SEC-vFinal.pdf

My 10min read on it is that it's fully valued, not much upside left and they have a tough road ahead going directly against xilinx-amd and (a rejuvenated?) altera-intel; and indirectly from nvidia. Warrants could be worth buying if it goes down a bit simply for the very long expiry and potential under-pricing of the time value. I'll prob give this a pass, now watch it skyrocket haha.

adoo likes this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

watch on 1.25-1.5x speed if you want to get thru faster

adoo likes this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i thought his pt that past movers (aapl, tsla, nvda) running out of steam lately contradict the thesis that we are ahead for rug pull because smaller caps are running too hot. Couldn't it just be rotation from big to small cap? I thought a pause for the big movers was "healthy", as cnbc likes to say.

I hadn't considered his pt about jan calls lifting the market, and now that they expired we going down. Sounds plausible, do you think there's truth to this?

He sounded frustrated that buying calls on big caps were no longer working... i've stopped buying calls for months now simply because premiums on stocks i like are too high. Easier to sell puts and let time work for you. adoo should start a youtube channel and give options advice haha.

Sajan likes this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He’s a very good trader from the Austin area. He wasn’t frustrated. He was explaining how successful strategies can change rapidly to failing ones. We have multiple unsustainable trends in the market.

Sajan and saitou like this.
  19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Did you hear any news on LATN? from volume looks like announcement is imminent. but not sure if i want to enter in case they announce a dud lol. i think that team's previous spac went below $10.

Edit: agree on evolving strategy. For months warrants for ootm spacs were a very rich well, i'd argue they were under priced, considering that they are like 5 year expiry calls that can be traded outside rth. But Market has now caught on. For similar quality SPAC, what used to be $1.50 warrants are now $2.50 etc. Still good, but the easy money is gone; need to branch out to find other strats/tactics.

#13499 saitou, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I must need more sleep. Why did I think the inauguration was this weekend? lol. My bad. A few more days. Still praying for safety, but a market correction. :D

Sajan likes this.