1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol at some of the posts here. It’s delusional. Goto the Brooklyn forum already

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yup.

Rockets fans actually think John Wall and Cousins were the answer lol

Harden isnt stupid. He knows this team is not going anywhere under Tilman.

The team has regressed every year since Tilman has been here.

And Harden's time is running out.

He could have easily done a Melo by singing a massive contract and stayed knowing that the team would suck.

Credit to him he that he wants to win.

3. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

not just nets fans lol. I’ve noticed the media flip as well. “Top 5 shooting guard of all time”, not just a scorer, Supreme Court vision, etc etc.

HP3, arabrocket and RKREBORN like this.
  4. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

We wait for the Play Offs.

we know regular season harden.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

They'll have Durant to cover him. Seems like they're destined for a ring.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Strange comment.

Stuff they can actually control is just that - stuff they can control. They can't control the hate or slander or negative comments made by legends like Shaq, and these dudes have huge fanbases. Casual NBA fans will latch onto that stuff. And because Shaq says it, it must be somewhat true because he's a legend. And then things spiral out of control.

It's like gossip of how Harden foul-baits or flops or doesn't play defense. Obviously, to the people who've actually been watching him, it's not true. But because the media has had that view, most casual fans just latch onto those views of Harden, and don't want to know the actual truth.

The media today isn't like the media of the 90s or 00s. It's potent as heck.

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Media riding harden’s dick now. Where was this love when he was a rocket?

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe Clutch needs to create a Harden thread like the Lin thread and let all the Harden lovers and Harden haters slug it out.

I am going to avoid this thread like I avoid the Lin thread.

JumpMan and seeingredtx like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Remember when we were short-handed the first 3 games, Harden averaged 37 + 12, on like 55% + 45% shooting...Management knew he would be gone soon, so he has no role in Silas's offense. He simply was not allowed to do what he does best in his last few games as a Rocket, I guess he was fine with that because he knew he wouldn't be a Rocket for a long time. I won't call this quit, more a mutual agreement that Harden wouldn't be a key player because he would be traded soon.

I do enjoy Silas's offense of ball movement last two games though. Let's see what happens after Wall and Oladipo play.

HP3, ksny15 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

He gave birth during the transition from Houston to Brooklyn. Isn't it obvious?

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Durant knows how to create at the same time as Harden and it was a dynamic to behold. Why couldn't Harden muster some of that chemistry with Wood?

13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

And the Spurs's commentator (Elliot?) in tonight's game said Harden has a big three in Houston with Wall and Boogie. I remember him being very salty every time Spurs play the Rockets, never heard him praise the Rockets team like that. Is he really serious about Wall and Boogie being two of a BIG 3? That's hilarious.

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  14. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Smart load management for tanking, that's my guess. Rest key players against bad teams and play them against good teams. So you lose naturally without forcing it.

HP3 likes this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Maybe someone needs to start hardenstans.com so all these grieving posters will have a home again.

16. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I am a big Harden supporter, and there is no doubt MJ is the best scorer in the history of the NBA. Nobody else is even close, especially in the playoffs. I would certainly say Kobe, Lebron, Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, Wade, KD to be better in terms of scoring compared to Harden in the playoffs. As for Curry, I'd like to see how Harden performs when he does have elite scorer and spacing around him.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

HardenVolumeOne and James.B.H like this.
  18. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Sry I'm a have to disagree, his last few games he was averaging like 5 free-throws a game. In his career he averages over 10 a game. He wasn't being aggressive, extremely passive like he just didn't care no more, quickly throwing the ball to his team mates and just sitting behind the 3 point line. Pouting, and giving off nothing but negative energy.. He quit on us like he does every year in the playoffs when he don't think he's going to win.It wasn't Silas offense holding him back, it was him holding back

bro2044 and DCkid like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Hmm last time he played with kd in the playoffs...

rockbox likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So whats wrong about pointing out harden had an east 30 pt 15 assist triple double playing next to a superstar?