1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons did not want to come to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This is the way. Lets draft our own players.

Htown Legend likes this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

WTF is wrong w/ people these days?

We're talking about BEN SIMMONS coming here. He's a spoiled prick like any rich person.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

What are you the mayor of Houston?

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

There's no opinion -- you made a false assumption I never got out, shows you're an ******* too. What, did I make the same assumptions of you?

It's not wrong, we've seen many UFAs skip Houston. That's not a coincidence. I feel 100% secure betting on Houston not being able to land any superstar UFA for the foreseeable future.

Put your money where your mouth is, bet on the tip char 20 dollars per superstar UFA that they're coming to Houston.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I didn’t assume anything, I pointed out you are ignorant.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

As long as we have an owner that consistently complains about the cost of winning a championship... then we are not going to win or get superstars to come to Houston. Titles and winning is what makes a SuperStar tick. This is a 2-3 SuperStar league that is player empowered. It's just the way it is. Tillman just doesn't get it.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

8. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

You think if someone offered Tillman like 20% over market value he would sell?

9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

That would be Gerald green. God you suck

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Not disputing any of that. Just saying it's not like James had stars lining up to come play with him

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

They also left bc of him.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ok? Doesn’t change the fact that they all came to play with Harden even if some of them were via trade and not signing as a free agent.

KD also wanted him in BK

D-rock likes this.
  13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Simmons is a loser and will never shoot a 3....

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Ben, I didn't want you either, all good fam...

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We don't need any players who don't want to be in Houston.

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

We just named 3 players that wanted to play with him in houston in all his years in houston.
    Dwight also bought into the allure of Houston big the city of big men and how he would a chance to post up etc which he wasn't going to get with kobe

Westbrook by all indications, even of he wanted to come to hoistom, didn't like it here bc of hardens partying which leads me to believe that he came here simply bc houston traded for him not bc he demanded to come play with harden

17. hakeemthagreat

CP3 was our best playoff performer when he was here. Its the other way around

CP3>

delta69er likes this.
  18. apatel123

apatel123 Member

Simmons = Cancer

thank god we didnt get him

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s 3 guys in 8 years, and last time I checked, Houston isn’t exactly some hot destination that stars have been dying to go to

Lol, same Dwight who wanted absolutely nothing to do with Houston before Harden arrived?

Amid a report that stated the Houston Rockets are hoping to amass enough trade assets to make a deal with the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard–even though Howard would only be in Houston for one season before becoming an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2013 — a source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance” Howard would be persuaded to remain in Houston if traded there, and would leave next summer to sign elsewhere.

Well, your belief is wrong. Let’s deal with facts.

this is from Woj

After Paul George's trade to the Clippers, Westbrook and Foucher worked with the Thunder to find an agreeable path forward on Westbrook's future with the franchise. With free agency effectively concluded, and Westbrook's list of preferred destinations extremely short, the timing made trade negotiations complicated.

Still, the Thunder wanted to accommodate Westbrook's wishes as much as possible, with his first and foremost desire to reunite with Harden in Houston, while also finding a trade that fit OKC's objective of rebuilding.

now KD wants to play with him too

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was literally laughing at my tv screen last night watching this scrub airball both 3's he attempted :D

vlaurelio and Reeko like this.